Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

Who do you consider to be The Main Character

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,490

Tapp because despite being licenced, he can stop it all. Although in the parody we saw that he joined forces with the Huntress.

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

@Poweas said:
    Tapp because despite being licenced, he can stop it all. Although in the parody we saw that he joined forces with the Huntress.

XD True, but that would be a side character story in a horror movie full of awesome Samation's parodies.

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited February 27

@Poweas said:

Tapp X Huntress Confirmed

In all seriousness, i don't think Tapp would be able to stop The Entity, i know i tend to have that mindset that he COULD be able to do it, i just don't think he would be able to considering how he has gotten himself in a situation even bigger than Jigsaw.

• Saint_UkraineSaint_Ukraine Member Posts: 939

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    Aside from saying your main, who do you think is the main character of this game, and don't say "The Survivors dude," i won't accept that, what i want to know is which survivor do you think is the main protagonist of this game, we already know our main Villain is The Entity along with The Killers, but who would be the main protagonist?

For me it would have to be Dwight, simply because he feels like that outcast in a certain movie that no one wants to be around, but then will ultimately step up and save the day.

Dwight is the main survivor, and the Trapper is the main killer.
    I just say that because they are the tutorial characters, and they are focused on most in the opening cinematic of the game.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,570

The Entity is, because it controls the realm

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 991

I would love to see them license an actual movie for the next original chapter and release it with the ptb

• tafnertafner Member Posts: 48

The word "Entity"is female in Portuguese and Spanish as well(and probably all the romance languages).

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,061
    edited May 17

@Biatran you do know we refers to entities as female then ?

At least that's how I got teached where I live, never seen any french people refering to entities as neutral or male, but female.

Eitherway for everyone asking how we call entities in French, it's almost the same word, entité.

We also says " Une entité" Hence why alot of french people directly assume it's female, that's just how speak, we aren't really trying to offend a anyone ( and honestly it's only the entities business to care or not about her own gender).

As for op original question, I stand with Orion, the main character would be the entity and then killers / survivors during their chapters.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 1,343
    edited May 18

Honestly it's kind of hard to define who was fits the main character if you're only looking at the character archetype. As each character seems to fit within two archetypes.

The base archetype of the character and the archetype they fit into when interacting in The Entity Realms.

Take for example Min her base archetype is the focus competitor.

"One day she woke up somewhere completely different… in a never-ending nightmare. Feng Min did not despair – as she learned more about the challenge she was up against, she realized this was what she had been training for her entire life. Now, she was going to win."

However from Benedicts journal and how she interacts in lore her archetype in the entity's realm is the lone wolf.

"A young woman surprised me the other day. She is another guest in this nightmare I can not seem to wake up from. She came running, passed by a wounded girl and didn’t stop. Just a glance behind her, and she was off again. With a determined look on her face, like she had something important to do. A lone wolf maybe? I am not sure what I should call this new person."

• drunky26drunky26 Member Posts: 658

Dwight, duh.

Wait, do you have a link to all of Benedict's reaction to these survivors? :D

• pushkinapushkina Member Posts: 69

No one says anything when people use him without knowing the sex.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 715

It's more like an anthology series. Each chapter is like a different episode with different characters. Protagonist I guess depends on whether you see the game more from the killer side or the survivor, though the killers often have the better backstories.

The entity is the overarching antagonist.

• TheGameZpro3TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 579
    edited June 23

Why does this thread keep on getting Necroed?

Only like twice, but still random.

Probably because the lore section is dead and this was only on page 2. Who cares it's a discussion?

True, lore is not as discussed as often as bugs everyone is screaming about right now.

There's only a finite amount to discuss, at least until the archives come. It's not like the relevance of this thread changes the same way a discussion about balance does where perks being discussed may have been changed several times since then.

• yesyes Member Posts: 367
    edited June 23

Kate. Kate. And Kate.

Sorry, I'm obsessed with her. I personally think she is as she originally was supposed to be released with LF. The game takes a lot of inspiration from TCM, so I thought she could've been the main protagonist based on the inspiration.

I sound crazy lol

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 407

either the Entity or the trapper he the poster boy for this game.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,111

Each character is unique and has a different backstory and chapter for themselves. I’ll be excited when we get to play the archives and have even more added to the lore of each character.

That being said the default or “main” character is easily Trapper and Dwight. I guess if I had to pick a main female character for survivor and killer it would be Meg and Huntress. Huntress is very popular especially for people who cosplay.

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 912

The Main Character is Jane Romero. It's all just a nightmare after going unconscious in her car crash in my mind....

The Main Antagonist is actually Benedict to me. While the Entity is just a presence or force that happens to be there.

Both Jane and Benedict work on opposite sides of the same coin.

Just my imagination...

Kate was supposed to go with Bubba, but Behavior could not get their original character released with Bubba, so she was put off longer.

• End_of_SlayerEnd_of_Slayer Member Posts: 30

If we want to discuss the main characters of the game. That is a simple task on paper. First, when are the main characters in our story? The Entity, Benedict, Vigo, and probably the Prisoner once they release the Archives.

Next, what purpose do they serve in said story? Entity is trying to consume emotions to grow in power, and consume the world. Vigo is working on what the Entity is. “His” (Blight) notebook was about the Blight that the Entity goes through. And the Auric cells that make up what the Entity is. Benedict is reporting his findings and appears to be taken by the Entity (Blight again.) The Prisoner is going to allow the survivors and killers remember who they once were. Which will probably let the Entity get more emotions to feed off of, and they may even burn brighter than they ever did before.

And once the Archives come out, we may finally be able to understand what truly happened to Benedict. Not only will we get cutscenes for the characters... we get journal entries. Benedict or Vigo left something behind and it’s our job to figure out what is going on in this world. It’s our job to solve all of the mysteries. The devs will never blatantly tell us what is happening. From the words of Côté himself; “One question answered is another four questions asked”

• BlackMercuryBlackMercury Member Posts: 103

I like to think each trial is like its own slasher flick. The main character is the Killer, because that's how slashers are, but the protagonist is whichever survivor either escaped when their friends were killed, or managed to save their friends.

If we're talking about the Lore as a whole with the Entity as the antagonist, then the main character has to be someone that can actually stand up to the entity in some way. Benedict is the first option, being someone who learns about the entity and may have learned how to escape. Vigo is another, one who learned how to manipulate the entity. Vigo's apprentice, the character from the hallowed blight, also stands a chance. And the new guy, the Archivist, who can steal memories from the entity, and actually damage it in the process, though I think he'd be more like the overpowered supporting character, like 11 from stranger things.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 453

Months later and I still don't understand how anyone can answer Dwight.

edited July 19

I do agree that the Archivist is like an overpowered character, being able to pull memories out of the fog and give it to the characters. But why would such a character be involved and the Entity not know about it? Why would Dave tell us that they are also called the Prisoner? Unless the Entity is using the Archivist for something more.

My theory is that the Archivist is a character brought in by the Entity, to help itself. What happens when you remember something? A slew of emotions will follow through, more emotions, more ways to feed and grow. The Entity is using this character to give the survivors and killers more emotions. Did you forget that your father killed you? Here you go, now you remember exactly why you were enraged in the first place. Survivors will gain new found hope if they remember what is waiting for them on the other side if they do find a way to escape their hell. Dave also said that we have to figure out their backstory once he is finally released, and it shouldn’t be quite interesting to see what’s going on

Post edited by End_of_Slayer on

My theory is that the Archivist is being used by the Entity to help itself. It’s giving the survivors and killers memories as to why they are killing, or why they are trying to escape so desperately. And by doing that, the Entity gets more emotions to feed off of and continue to grow without having to throw anyone away into the Void.

• ATerribleBillyATerribleBilly Member Posts: 50

@Science_Guy Because Dwight is Dwight. Why wouldn't you pick Dwight?

• OnionthingOnionthing Member Posts: 409

Its a story between the Entity and Benedict Baker. Everyone else are pawns in their game. There is a cool Anime out there called DRIFTERS that makes me think of this game often. The battle between Easy and Murasaki make me think of how The Entity and Benedict Baker might be.

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@BlackMercury I would go on to say Kate could probably take her on (The Entity) because she has so much hope and is literally a beacon of light, that even she could rival that of The Entity.