We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Who do you consider to be The Main Character

124»

Comments

• Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

I imagine Tapp would be confident in his ability to try and thwart the entity's plans but similar to the Jigsaw case he'll probably get too obsessed and his mental state will just break (similar to the endings of the SAW video game).

Bill would probably aid the team like he did his friends in Left 4 Dead and probably end up sacrificing himself for the survivors

Quentin will probably try and find flaws in the entity's world (similar to how he did in Freddy's dream world) and use those flaws to his advantage.

Ash would probably just groovy in style and kick ass like he does in the Ash vs Evil Dead TV show.

Dwight would lead the team and help them through the process of trying to escape

I assume both Meg and David would work on distraction seeing as their lore states them as the two athletic ones (Jake too probably?)

Claudette (like Bill) will assist the team and put her feet in their shoes

Nea would obviously be the sneaky one, same with Jane (poised and head on are pretty stealth oriented perks) and Jeff would help these two as well (distortion and aftercare) and Feng (technician) as well as her understanding of survival (video games do that to ya)

Ace and Kate will keep the team's spirits high.

That just leaves Adam and Laurie who I think will work together well, Laurie knows her schoolwork and Adam's a teacher.

I started this off only actually writing about Ash, Bill, Quentin and Tapp but drifted off into doing every survivor 😂

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

I wholeheartedly agree with every single one that you stated. I guess the devs want us to create our own main character, but it would be nice if they gave us some kind of hint as to who could be able to stop this elderitch abomination

also @DocOctober You gave your two cents. And I gave mine, if you wanna see despicable and disrespectful, I would have been banned. What I said to you, was literally a slap on the wrist.

@brokedownpalace Very ironic indeed

• Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Thanks for agreeing with my statements.

I also forgot to add that Laurie is a survivor and Adam shows grit and "Was raised by a strict man who taught him how to make the best out of a bad situation" (the quote from Deliverance). Also Adam's quotes are all about confidence and willpower, this quote is from Diversion "There's what is easy and then there's what is right. If you confuse the two, there's no telling what you become." 

And from Autodidact "There's no limit to what you can achieve, as long as you back it up with hard work." 

• ficksficks Member Posts: 4

Well, Dwight is the "leader" and also give off clueless vibes (which most novel MCs radiate.) In order to explain things to the reader without making it extremely obvious. So Dwight? Imo of course, and also because I feel like the dude is a very nervous guy. yet he's also suppose to be "the leader", wouldn't that take a transformation? So to see a character transformation, if dbd had a novelization, from nervous dude to leader would be awesome.

• QuickStiQzQuickStiQz Member Posts: 164

Dweet main survivor and trapper main killer.

• ImpalaImpala Member Posts: 106

Benedict Baker as we follow the story from his perspective.

• CornpopersCornpopers Member Posts: 709

You could look at this from multiple perspectives and angles.

Lore wise, as @Impala says, we follow from Benedict Baker's view.

Survivors side, gotta agree with a lot of what's already been said and say Dwight, he's the coward who would ultimately steep up to the plate and be a "leader".

Killers side, its gonna have to be Trapper, though he may not have very deep lore to him, he's poster boy for a reason.