For its year 3 anniversary, Dead by Daylight will be hosting its biggest livestream on May 31st at 3PM EST
Major reveals, drama, laughs, cries, surprises. It’s a date!

Stream schedule: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/64689/

Reddit Q&A | June 11th, 2018

not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 886
edited June 2018 in Q&A Sessions

Question from Filthybones

Nearly one year ago, Stefan Horvath talked about several rework perks ideas, especially one with Play with Your Food. What is the ETA on this perk? Besides DS, are you currently testing some perk reworks?

Answer

Absolutely, there is a lot of testing going on right now! We are aiming for a mid-chapter patch covering specific perks changes, addons adjustements, new addons and animation changes on charge time (for killers).
For instance, we are changing Tinkerer completely which led to a addon pass

Comments

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 886
    edited June 2018

Question from BrotherBiscuit

Now that BHVR is committed to transparency, will you release match data scrubbed clean of player identification data so that the community can play with it?

Edit for clarity: By match data I'm referring to the back end stuff you use to run your internal analytics on perk, killer, and offering use rates among other things. Just in case it wasn't clear.

Answer

This is not something we are considering at the moment.

edited June 2018

Question from heartlessxandra

Wraith should be able to walk through pallets and windows while cloaked. Ya know, like an actual wraith. And for a few seconds after uncloaking. Like while he's still becoming corporeal. That would fix his issue of being one of the most looped killers.

Answer

Design team answer

The Wraith's design won't change anytime soon, we don't think ignoring terrain would fix the issue. As for being looped, we recently changed loops, pallet stun area and vaccum pallets. Tell us what you think of the changes!

edited June 2018

Question from I_h8_memes

In a previous Dev Stream, I believe it was McClean who said something to the effect of the following (not a direct quote but this was in response to questions about a Crafting System)

"Instead of creating a crafting system that could upset the Bloodpoint Economy, we'd rather just make the add-ons more enticing to use."

My question is that given the nature of some add-ons like Maple Knight, which I have nearly 100 of, is there really anything that can be done to it to make it as worthwhile to run as any of the other add ons? Its sole purpose is to teach new players the doctor's range of shock. Once someone knows that it becomes useless.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic but I don't see a way to make a training wheels add-on fun to use for 100+ games. I'm sure there are other add-ons similar to Maple Knight as well, it's just the one that sticks out in my mind the most.

tl;dr : Some Add-ons are really, really really bad for experienced players. If BHVR is set on not allowing us to recycle hundreds of these low-tier add ons, is there any feasible way to actually make them useable?

Answer

Design team answer
    As McLean said, reviewing the addons rather than having players get rid of them is our goal. Our mid-chapter patch will include a lot of addon changes / new addons. We are not considering a crafting system at the moment.

edited June 2018

Question from ntjhtnbr

Will traps put already injured survivors into dying state? Because right now you don't really care about getting into a trap if you are injured (unless the killer is nearby to pick you up). Which really messes up with Trappers

Answer

Design team answer

We are currently testing a lot of changes for Trapper, faster trapping animation, addons review (and new addons) and trap regen. If the changes are interesting, they will be included in the Mid-Chapter patch.