2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Matchmaking and ping

KuripiKuripi Member Posts: 5

I noticed that I'm getting matched with a lot of people with 250+ ping and sometimes they drop out probably from desync. Not only that, when the host is high ping for me, I will absolutely get destroyed due to latency because this game, by its very nature, calls for good response times.
Is there any chance a ping filter option can be added?

Comments

• papaiursopapaiurso Member Posts: 13

I was about to open a discussion regarding this. Since the match making stuff, it's almost impossible to find a decent lobby playing as solo survivor. As killer it's beatiful. Quick lobby and people with a maximum of 180ms. But playing as survivor I have to evade lobby after lobby since almost all of them are +250 ms.
    What happened? I don't remember the game being like this before.

• SmaxtrSmaxtr Member Posts: 5

Well I have looked at their Profiles as Killer who had High Ping (Around 250 - 400+) and it seems that we get matched from South America or Africa. And I'm from Europe so something seems a little weird here.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 9,723

BHVR messed up the matchmaking, take a break until it is fixed again (or should i put it this way: "when they are done using the community as QA/test bed)

• KuripiKuripi Member Posts: 5
    edited March 12

I was just playing a match and I got to thinking while I was hooked on the first go, jumped immediately to the spacebar marathon, and instantly failed on a connect around 100 ping: Is hacking for ping spikes a thing in this game? I remember some old shooters forever ago where some people artificially created high ping spikes to avoid and/or delayed taking damage. Here, I think artificial ping spikes could possibly be used to gain certain (unfair) advantage.