The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How to Counter The Nurse

aarongaiaarongai Member Posts: 118

Tagged:

Comments

• Saint_UkraineSaint_Ukraine Member Posts: 939

I remember going against this god tier nurse once. I've never felt so helpless. I remember pallet stunning her as she was blinking, but nothing happened to her. She just blinked a 2nd time and downed me. :(
    And on the other hand, I've seen so many boosted nurses that I have no idea what to expect when I actually go up against one.

• yesyes Member Posts: 367

@Saint_Ukraine said:
    I remember going against this god tier nurse once. I've never felt so helpless. I remember pallet stunning her as she was blinking, but nothing happened to her. She just blinked a 2nd time and downed me. :(
    And on the other hand, I've seen so many boosted nurses that I have no idea what to expect when I actually go up against one.

What does boosted mean?

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,148

Do you have more vids but related to other killers?

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited February 28

The most strong counter against nurse is to escape a chase she s slow she can get fooled pretty much easily while its a bit harder to break a chase against other killers

• SpicybarbecueSpicybarbecue Member Posts: 162

nurse has no counter, she completely breaks the game.

used to have one where you would run toward her when she closed her fist but they took that counter away. it was in these days I would scoff at ppl that thought she was OP as she had a counter, but now she genuinely is OP

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 596

She has a few counters that are not worth your while, but I thought I'd point them out for everyone just to disprove the notion that she has none.

1. She can be fatigued by flashlights when charging a blink
    2. She cannot raise her fist to blink if a flashlight is trained on her before she presses m2
    3. A pallet stun will bounce a nurse back if timed properly
    4. A nurse suffers a double stun if stunned by a pallet during the gap between blinks
    5. She can be blinded when fatigued and has a hard time looking away expediently

The most important part to combat nurse is to lose line of sight and to be unpredictable in your movement. Always keep track of how fast her red stain is moving to get a sense of where she'll land.

• max_coffeebreathmax_coffeebreath Member Posts: 2

I have to assume that everyone that thinks the nurse is an unstoppable blight on the game are playing on PC. The reason for this assumption is that on console she is generally scoffed at by survivors (myself included) as it is trivial to juke the nurse during her blink on console and due to her slow normal speed you can just run her around the map for hours while teammates finish up all the gens.

That said, I can see where the nurse (and the spirit) would be much more effective on PC. It is because turning with a mouse is MUCH faster than turning with a joystick. The joystick's speed is locked to the console. The mouse speed can be adjusted in your PC settings and can be increased (or decreased) based on the mouse itself.

On console she's not feared by survivor players and is not loved by killers. If I could turn on a dime the way you can with a mouse I'd be a much more effective nurse. But, as it is, on console the nurse is basically slow interspersed with blinks that are easily juked and her add-ons that make her worse rather than better.

Edit: Just watched the video and my point stands. The turn that the nurse made at the end of the video, blink turn and blink again for hit, is impossible on PS4 and I assume it would also be impossible on XBox. That can only be done with a mouse. Sure, on console the nurse would know which direction the survivor turned but she could never turn that fast and re-blink to get the hit.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 775

You dont technically stun, you just throw down an obstacle she cant blink on. Hence it only works if the Nurse would land within the pallet-stun area.

The double-stun if actually benficial for her, because she wont look down during that stun, meaning she can still track you visually.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 596

The reason Nurses bounce back if you drop a pallet at the right time is not because The Nurse is going to land on the pallet. There's a force that pushes a killer out from under a pallet that's dropping to stun the killer on one side of the pallet or another and NOT in the middle. It's to prevent killers from getting stuck, and its full strength was introduces somewhat recently. The Nurse meets this force while blinking, so she has to keep blinking until she finished the animation. That's why strange things happen.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 892

Someone who's at their rank because (as a survivor) their teammates did all the work or (as a killer) been going against boosted survivors.