Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

Adrenaline adjustment needed

2»

Comments

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 954

Adrenaline is an anti-tunneling end game perk. Most of the time it is wasted slot if you aren't injured or being chased when the last gen pops, but if you are then it shines. Like most perks that actually do something, killers complain about a perk that actually improves the chance to survive. You should not be trying to smack down the guy that just got off the hook anyway because of BT - that's a b**** move. Hit the saver twice instead and put them on the hook.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 23

Adrenaline should work like this

If you are at full health, get a 6-7 second speed boost.

If you are injured, heal. But do not move faster.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 180
    edited April 30

The reason people ignore healing just to gens isn't because of adrenaline, its because of the healing nerf a while back, adrenaline just so happens to synergise well with the new meta of ignoring healing.

Healing just takes too long. If someone else heals you even without sloppy that is 16 seconds two people could have gotten on generators or 32 overall or 28.8 if they both worked the same gen. It just isn't worth spending that much generator progress on being healed. The problem isn't adrenaline it's that healing is just too slow to be worth it.

If the killer is running sloppy it only makes the problem even worse.

Look at it this way. If you could forcefully injure yourself to instantly put 32 seconds (40% of a gen) survivors would do that EVERY time. It's practically the same thing as ignoring healing to get gen progress instead.

• nzkylenzkyle Member Posts: 7

yea its pretty unfair but i guess ds nerf they wont touch survivors for a while because any nerfs to survivors are 4xthe amount of upset people

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 351

Just remove the speed burst

I'm okay with this

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 212

Adrenaline doesn't need to be nerfed. You run with 3 perks the entire game, that is the downside of having adrenaline. Half the time it doesn't even come into play if you're not hooked/injured in the end. DS has already been nerfed. I think it was fair and much needed, but Adrenaline is not for free. You have to work for it and you'might' not even get to use it.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 844
    edited May 14

One simple nerf to Adrenaline its not big but please take the wake up effect off. Its kinda messed up how this perk hurts freddy more then it should.

It can keep its nonesense healing and speed boost (i admit it has its risks taking up a perk slot and the perk can promote survivours playing into a 4/3 man slug but the wake up is just throwing salt in the wound of an already weak killer.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 954

It's about the only counter to dream world after the gens are done, you cannot use gens anymore and finding someone injured to heal is not reliable as a solo. Freddy will often have everyone asleep for endgame, wait for noed to trigger (cause 99% of them use it), and then just slug away, without threat of adrenaline this would happen every time. I've opened gates while in dream world with remember me, and it takes forever.

@darktrix

Cough cough it take up a perk slot you play with 3 perks for the rest of the game. You can counter it with small game.

As for dream world its freddy how do you struggle with freddy of all killers he has zero anti loop. The killers a joke. The brief moment hes actually strong you want to take that away from him with adrenaline.

It would be ok if it didnt come on top of escaping via self care and gaining a health state and a sprint burst. Besides the problem you have is with noed not freddy.

Which I agree is s nonesense perk but when you stop and think about it noed and adrenaline are very similar in terms of power.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 499

If you ask survs and killers about remove adrenaline and NOED for the game sure survs are agree and killers disagree. So the op one can't be adrenaline

• tizzi717tizzi717 Member Posts: 77

andrenaline don't need any change, it's an and game perk and it's situational, a lot of time is a waste of a perk slot and sometimes can even kill you because if you're already healed and you get adrenaline activate you have no benefit and you get the exhaustion that prevent you from using dead hard lithe ecc

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,222

no it wont happend the reason they put this way its for those killers that camp the survivor and if he gets save the killer just tunnel the hell of that survivor if you have problems with this perk youre just bad killer

• Frugl1Frugl1 Member Posts: 56

So you are arguing that the killer should just go AFK once gates are open, provided he has no NoED?

• SkellySkelly Member Posts: 10

Why do you insist on nerfing Adrenaline when the counter to it literally is to kill all survivors in the trial. Or running NOED. Most killers do that anyways, I don't know why you're so tenacious on nerfing a survivor perk that literally has two counters to.

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 390

Nerf DS, Nerf Adrenaline, Nerd Mettle of Man, Nerf Dead Hard, EGC SUCKS for solo survivor. Stop crying. Devs do not listen to baby killer will end the game.

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 90

just stop tunneling and you would have no problem with adrenaline activating when rescued

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 90

i think these baby killer mains will never be happy until the killers gameplay is as easy as possible and requires no skill, thats probably what they want after every good survivor perk has been nerfed.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,160

There's no point in even bringing this up. I actually agree that adrenaline needs to also be adjusted so if you're already on the hook then you miss the window to benefit. The devs didn't feel that way and changed it. There is no intelligent play when it comes to Adrenaline. You either need instadown gear or you need to prevent an endless hook rush for at least 4mins.

The perk is old so it wasn't an issue back in the day. The game's changed a fair bit in tactics and speed of play, but at the end of the day there is a hard cap on how much pressure devs want to impose on the survivors. I'm not going to call it favoritism. One part of me sees the reasoning in. As a person who plays killer mostly, I've never been a fan of being expected to put in 100% more skilled play than my opponent at the end game. It is one of the reasons many killers complain about the game being high stress.

In the end though adrenaline isn't changing unless a huge drop in kill counts come about across all ranks. If you're not happy with it I'd suggest playing killers who can instadown. Don't listen to anyone talking about NoED being a viable counter. It is the worst handled and most baited perk.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,222

You still dont get it it prevents for killers to tunnel since the game came out most killer tunnel the 1 that was on the hook and again they wont change it since most of all perk on survivor got nerfed nobody complains about you have noed that counters adredaline but yet again ppl still complain alot of survivor perks

@applepie_1998

Actually against competent survivours totems will be broken. Thus denying noed. However if the killer is applying pressure survivours will opt to rush gens and risk the noed. So noed has a means of removal adrenaline kicks in irregardless. Even if your hooked its save until your unhooked explain to me how this has the same amount of counterplay as noed.

Both are perks that are blatantly too strong for there respective role and both need to be nerfed. Noed needs to lose its movement speed boost and adrenaline either needs to lose its health state or sprint burst. Also its wake up effect should be tied to wake up not adrenaline.

Your also wrong survivours do complain about noed. All the time. They will be the same players who run adrenaline which is why players like myself if we feel a perk is too strong we wont use it unless we apply some kinda personal handicap to at least limit its power.