For its year 3 anniversary, Dead by Daylight will be hosting its biggest livestream on May 31st at 3PM EST
Major reveals, drama, laughs, cries, surprises. It’s a date!

Opinions on the new Map?

BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,071

For anyone who watched the stream, what did you think of the new Map?

I thought the Temple and surrounding rocks looked great but having it in Red Forrest makes it look out of place for me. I wish it would've had it's own outside area that matched the aesthetic.

Comments

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,332

It looked really good! I was amazed by it, and while Red Forest was a bit confusing to me too, I think the rainy atmosphere fit the Plague-like theme it’s set around. The devs did a really good job on this one! 😄

• redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,127

Wait it's not a indoor map that sucks

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 297

It looks really good but I wish the temple was just a little bit bigger. Nevertheless having a temple map will be great.

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,073

It's a half and half with me, i like it because it's new, but i don't like it for being on red forest, i was hoping for a sandy orangeish looking map.

• artistartist Member Posts: 925

im pretty sure i noticed another "basement inside a basement" structure which will be pretty big for killers

• NickMilianNickMilian Member Posts: 33

I would have rather it was it's own unique map, to be honest. There was a huge amount of potential with a temple / the killer's lore. Using the Red Forest as a base just seems a bit lazy - IMO.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 603

I already like it more than Ormond and even Yamaoka as far as gameplay design goes. Yeah sucks that it's on the Red Forest, but seems they want to play it a lil safer than risk issues like Ormond had

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 10,473

I liked it, but as much as I love the Red Forest, it needs to be its own thing.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 311
    edited March 4

I'll have to see it live before knowing for sure. I don't mind them reusing realms, because having so many realms with only one map gets really annoying. Ideally I wish they'd provide free map updates more often, but this is the next best thing.

But I'm not sure how this particular combo makes any sense.

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,362

Yeah dislike that it’s on red wood. It’s own original map with orangish brown setting like the other guy said, or it being an indoor temple would of been dope. I wouldn’t mind waiting to give them time to make it tbh. I know they’re strict on time.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

Red Wood theme is kind of out of place tbh.

I think that a Swamp theme for the temple would be a lot better if we are gonna use the existent realms. I wish it had its own realm but I liked the new map anyway.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,441

It looks cool that generator next to the basement just screams for Bubba to wreck some survivors. I'm not a fan of reusing the red forest it feels cheap just like when the the chapel came out.

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,362
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGGATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 183

Swamp actually would have been spookier red forest is kinda weird

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 183

I think the Temple looks really cool, but I hate that its on Red Forest. It just looks so weird.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 4

https://www.realmofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Gorgeous_3D_animation_Babylon_ancient_Mesopotamia_2.jpg

Just slap on a filter to make it look sunny and swap the red forest tree models for one like those and it's good to go :)

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,104

At least I'll be able to hit people with hatchets. Unlike Ormond wall clusterfucks

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 663

Wait new killer doesn't have her own realm? That's disappointing ;(

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 1,286

The map looks cool, the temple etc but yes i am disappointed it's in the red forest too, i wish it had been a totally and fully new map altogether.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,071
    edited March 4

Just checked all the replies, wow Thought i was alone in thinking it looked disjointed but guess not haha but seriously though, they could've just used some plants and stuff from previous maps and retextured them to make it fit and not look strange, that wouldn't have taken long at all.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 10,473
    edited March 4

The temple looks quite nice, but out-of-place in the middle of the forest.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 1,805

i personally espected it to be area with less trees, maybe a mountain or a desert, but i think it does fit pretty well...

just a little unexpected, but not bad.

the temple itself looks great and i cant wait to play on it.