Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

The Plague is underpowered and here's why:

Comments

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,229

So it's 0 seconds that a survivor can't touch a generator, since the no heal meta has been rising in popularity for quite some time now.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Perhaps not 20 seconds on Gens but everything else? You won't touch a Gen that's infected but eventually you'll have no choice to pass by a pallet/totem and those can be until someone touches it, or 20 seconds. You can't spread a plague that's not contagious.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,965

I thought so initially too, but I found that high rank survivors were just waiting the infection out or going to a different gen. And she doesn't really have the chase potential to capitalize on that soft pressure.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 647

It depends on what the puke does.....if the infection does absolutely nothing then no it doesn't matter, but if the infection is actually a threat then timers make sense.

• PwnyFishPwnyFish Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2019

The infection itself isnt bad. It gives the survivor the broken/injured status. But you have to keep in mind, that its only 20 seconds they cant touch it, if you infect it right in front of them.

If you are trying to infect objects, by the time a survivor gets to them, its likely gone.

And infecting the object while you see the survivors doesnt make to much sense either, since its better to just try to infect them directly until they are broken.

At least thats how it seem me currently.

And the survivors only spread the infection once they are fully infected/broken

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2019

The infection should definitely stay on objects for a longer period of time. 20 seconds is way too little and when survivors see an infected gen and the killer is already gone they only have to wait like 5 seconds and it will be gone anyway. It needs to be a minute long to actually be worth.

Also, being injured/broken is pointless if you can just instantly heal as a survivor.

• SpookyKillerSpookyKiller Member Posts: 6

Having 2500hrs into killer the plague perks are fine but imagine a 115 movement speed huntress without hatchets and needing to hit a person 4 times like legion in feral frenzy the plague is not that strong I need to run 2 of her best add ons just to make her playable and I seriously don't like how this new ranking system is the sticking around a person on a hook is fine to prevent camping is fine but I get a 3 hook kill as the plague and de pip that's just dumb in my opinion and Jane Romeo she is perfect devs you did amazing with the survivor but please I beg you do something with the killer and change the ranking Ive been a rank 1 killer almost every rank reset I don't Wana face baby survivors this whole new ranking system is just mess up the rank vs rank I would not be surprised if I faced rank 10 survivors if this ranking system came to the live servers

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I can't play the PTB to test things out, but after watching a few videos I'd say that I absolutely agree with you.

I think that the devs might have done this on purpose, knowing that if they released her on the PTB strong they would receive more backlash, by releasing her weak they now have an excuse to make her strong as they envisioned. But that's just my conspiracy theory.

• lordhelioslordhelios Member Posts: 63

Really, the only need on sickness is when it reaches 50% you get hindered.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031
    edited March 2019

Slowed action speed while sick, yes. But don't make the reduced heal speed stack with things like Caulrophobia. Just go with the larger number instead of the sum.

Remove heal from fountain, yes. However, healing half of your health from it wouldn't be too bad.

Show aura, no. There is already an addon for that. Just make surv puking louder so it damages their stealth. That seems good enough for me.

I think these three changes would be good generally.

• JustShanksJustShanks Member Posts: 22

Imo

yeah slowed action speed while sick

and yes remove the heal from fountains

then the killer should be able to see the progress of sickness on surv

and sickness should be not a second legion attack. just put the surv in dying state if you hit them first.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,920

It also doubles as a budget Surveillance as you can tell if someone went and interacted with the generator within 20 seconds of you infecting it.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,804

The survivors healing with the fountain gimmick really nerfs her. She doesn't get an instadown ability to make up for the time. Maybe what they can do is make it so when she corrupts a gen or something, it stays corrupted indefinitely until a survivor interacts with it. This would give her the power to protect and defend. Doing this first then maybe seeing what else is there to provide small buffs will help.

Survivors should spend time healing, otherwise games go way too quickly. That's the same problem with legion, survivor's just don't heal against him and genrush even harder.

Sloppy, thanaotophobia and coulrophobia are literally useless on the plague and a lot of killers really rely on those perks to slow down the game, including plague but these perks are just useless on her.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,180

Ok how about this. Sickness gives hindered up to 5% scaling up as the bar fills and gives you exposed at max. Fountain doesn't heal but vile purge isn't injuring you anymore so who cares

• MhhBurgersMhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,776

So basically a legion with 115% ms while ur slower...just...no

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,289

The heal from the fountain needs to go, the infected objects need to stay infected for much, much longer and there needs to be another downside to just staying infected. That other downside could be a small hindered, reduced action speed, or maybe even add a small pause for the puking animations that could impair them during looping.

Palletloops are already countered by her red puke. An action speed debuff would be enough.

• SpookyKillerSpookyKiller Member Posts: 6

That would be a little to powerful that's just like saying I have 3 tokens for devour hope and now I defend it and everyone stop what your doing and go get rid of it they should make better status effect for her power like slow down their healing and repair speed when sick that way survivors are forced to give you corruption and it slows the game down the plague is like trapper her power distracts you so much you need ruin for her

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,289
    edited March 2019

Not entirely, only certain loops. The corrupted puke is also on a timer and required you to break chase to pick it up and waste time.

How would that be too powerful, very good survivors already don't heal and the theme of the killer should be plague spreading throughout the world not running around as a discount huntress.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

All of those would be incredibly overpowered. She is B tier right now. Possibly A tier. Just slowed action speed and maybe heal half a health state at the fountain instead of a full one and she will be up there around Billy tier.

• JustShanksJustShanks Member Posts: 22

half state is insta-heal because you heal yourself full and the sickness.

just clean the sickness and no heal, because now you need to tunnel to get kills.

but this concept is for multi-hits like legion.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

And yet the killer mains are asking for the fountain reset to be taken away so that they can keep survivors injured all game.

They want one thing then cry when they get it because survivors adapted.

• No_Cluie_LouisNo_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,084

i wish they would remove the fountain healing people, then remove the plague injuring people on stage 2. Instead it should have various negative affects such as slower action speed and aura blindness

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,180

That wouldn't have a single effect in common with the legion.

Legion:

110% ms

Lower terror radius

Speed power

Power injures the target

Applies deep wounds which downs and doesn't drain in a chase

Has a self care esc mechanic

Can ignore pallets and windows

Designed to slow the game down

Plague (with my proposed change):

115% ms

Normal terror radius

Ranged non-damaging power

Can inflict exposed

Applies sickness which gets stronger over time and faster in a chase

Has a jigsaw box esc mechanic

Makes survivors vulnerable to attack

Power has multiple forms

So tell me. How exactly is plague even remotely like the legion

edited March 2019

Your plague will put everybody to injured because good survivors already don't heal

Very good Survivors will just stay injured and you don't have to m1 them.

How is that not just a legion with more ms.

20 seconds on infected objects is nothing to be fair. I also think survivors should spread their disease immediately, not only when they are 100% sick and have the broken status effect.

• NathanExplosionNathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@MhhBurgers

"Also the survivor is sick to his stomach, why doesn't that make him for example repair or heal slower, makes no sense."

"That would be OP"