Some users on PS4 are currently experiencing connection issues. Our team is investigating, and we hope to have a solution as soon as possible. We’ll update you as we have new information to share.
The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf

Instant heal from Fountains?

BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,268

Why do survivors heal a health state when they cleanse the infection? This completely destroys any potential this killer had.

A survivor can just touch an infected object or another survivor and get a 5 second heal...

Or If chasing someone only to loose the chase they then heal and clear the infection all in 5 seconds making the chase completely pointless for the killer apart from a power up that honestly isn't worth the loss.

Comments

• JustShanksJustShanks Member Posts: 22

yeah is to strong imo

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 254

I just played a few games as the Plague and man is it rough. If you don't tunnel a recently unhooked person, lose someone, or leave a chase you are punished for doing so because people can perform a 5 second action to heal themselves from the broken state.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,268

Everyone I watch mostly plays survivors and the faces they made when they realized the fountains healed was so funny, they knew it was op even one said "I don't know about that but let's not say anything" 😂

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 974

Do survivors see fountain auras?

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

I played quite a few games both KYF and solo and duo swf and the pools if the killer plays properly aren't op. In fact the only map that caused killers problems was the new one because they didn't know the temple layout yet.

I got someone that knew how to play the new killer on Autohaven and she absolutely wrecked us without tunneling off the hook. If people would stop trying to play her like an M1 killer and play to her kit they'd do better.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,740

The instaheal is ridiculously strong counter to her power which isn't even that lethal. Just curing is fine from the fountain since survivors aren't broken after the first chase or when tunneled due to them having the injured status. The instaheal is a free heal when you can't rely on teammates and don't have self care/medkit the killer now gives you a free heal. As I posted in another chat, if they handled her like clown, remains the same speed while charging puke, if contagion lasted indefinitely until a survivor interacted with it, then I could see the instaheals not being too bad. Gonna spend more time on her, was cycling all the add ons in kyf matches and some random online matches too.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,740

But what add ons? A killer wrecking with the best add ons isn't a win, and wrecking survivors who are still learning how to play against a killer isn't a win.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 372

the insta heal has to go. otherwise its almost pointless to use her power to spread dmg. another tunneling killer was made.

• FabFab Member Posts: 216

For improving The Plague, I think the first thing is to remove the instant heal from the fountain. Makes her much more effective.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

Hehe making insta heal an actual base game mechanic based on the killers power. I wonder who had that idea ......

• LarczLarcz Member Posts: 521

When i watch yt gameplay with plague and read forum first impersion just blend very fast.I rly like her when i see her first time but now this is sound like freedy or legion ...Nothing can do like wait until end of ptb and give feedback.

• MhhBurgersMhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,776

Autohaven is easily the best map for her because you cannot loop her in most parts of this map when she uses corrupted. Very good survivors would probably just not get rid of the plague in first place, just look at how jendenise plays against her. Ofc that wouldn't work against stuff like Bamboozle in the long run.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 361

Played a game where survivors were purposely infecting their injured teammates so they could go and get insta-healed without using medkits or having to do healing actions. They'd just run up to an injured friend, start healing them to infect them, and then they'd point them to the nearest fountain. Soon enough the whole team was doing this, and at first I didn't mind because I got corrupt fountains everywhere so i could use ranged damage against any of them any time i wanted, but then I realized that even if your aim is perfectly on point, you only damage 1 health state per survivor per corrupt purge action. For some reason, this wasn't very effective at downing the survivors fast enough to secure kills, especially when all it took was for a friend to come over, infect the one I'm chasing, body-block and harass me, then scatter to get insta-healed again. It basically became more beneficial to them to get sick, and wasn't as beneficial to the killer.

Now If the corrupt purge could machine-gun down survivors in one corrupt purge action, or insta-down them, that would be a better balance that would make the insta-heal option more strategic. Do you insta-heal at a fountain and give the killer a ranged 1 shot ability for a short time, or do you stay sick and broken using the fountains as a last resort?

• MhhBurgersMhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,776

Depends on the map, it's usually just better to keep her a basic m1 killer that just instadowns you and only heal in endgame.

I'd not do this in maps that don't have very strong high-wall loops, this would be suicide on for example autohaven wreckers