The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Does anyone still cash in shards for blood points?

Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,044

Via the shrine?

I don't know it doesn't seem worth it now. 2000 shards for 150,000 BP.

You can earn that in 3 killer games with BBQ.

Maybe they should re-think this?

Comments

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

All the time. Is there anything else I could spend my shards on? (I mean anything that makes sense to buy.)

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,044

Some cosmetics make sense. For example a dark coat for Adam (why on earth does he come with a white one I wonder...)

Or my personal favourite the all black Hag which is cheap, scary and good camouflage.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

I do, I shouldn't but I do.

With a pudding and BBQ, my spirit games give me something like 70-80k bloodpoints. 2 games = 150k bp.

In order to get 2k shards, you need to play something like 50-55 games. It is a really bad trade but I just can't control myself. It would be better if I tried to get a piece of cosmetic with them.

I just bought adrenaline for 150k bp though so nope, I am gonna continue to buy them.

I also think that the amount of BP you get from the shrine should be higher. 350k for 2k shards and 500k for 2.7k shards would be great. It also might force people to buy bloodpoints with their shards and cosmetics with real money.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,186

Oh yes. Quick and easy way to get a bloodpoints boost.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,490

👏 every 👏 chance 👏 I 👏 get 👏

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

I do unless there is a cosmetic I really want. I try to go for the 2700 shard perks though. 2000 for 150k is lame.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,274

Yes

• ModernFableModernFable Member Posts: 636

No, I don’t find the amount all that worth it.

I just have them saved if some Killer or Survivor I want comes out, since the cosmetics are so expensive.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 524

Yea too lazy to play more killer so once I hit the required amount for shard I go straight to the shrine

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486

Hell no, I want my killers for free.

• TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,786

I do, because survivors gain bps too slowly and killer at rank 1 is cancer without ruin

• branchini1979branchini1979 Member Posts: 226

I have saved the most shards yet (still not loads) I have always bought my dlc but out of interest could you let me know how many shards for killer/survivor please?

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I do, only because I have all the killers that I want already and since You don't see cosmetics in game so I don't see the point in buying them personally.

• branchini1979branchini1979 Member Posts: 226

Interesting point about killers. Same price for cosmetics as survivors but as killer only see them at first few seconds of match, so bit of a con really

• SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,122

For me personally i never do. I stopped exchanging shards for points when the store came in. I save my shards now for the shrine or buying characters.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 701

Only for quick BPs during PTBs.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

Yes. Very rarely is there something in the Shrine that could actually be of use to me.

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

You don't get to see the full aspect of cosmetics in FPSs either. It's not about seeing yourself look good, it's making sure others know you look good.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,920
  • NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,002

I always do. I spend shards to cut down on the grind. I'm fine buying Chapters and Cosmetics I like with money. I know it's designed this way, but takes too long to spend shards on cosmetics and Killers/Survivors. With how many Bloodpoints you need to level up characters, let alone getting Perks and Add-ons you really want/need...rather cut down that timesink

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 8

No. I prefer shards over bp. -.-

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,273

I try to collect as many between each Killer and use those to refresh my points after spending 1 Mil on them. I rarely have more than 8k but if I do have more than 8k before the Killer comes out I just use those points when I need something.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,449

Nope. I never pay for anything with any currency if that specific item is obtainable through some grind. I'd use shards for cosmetics or newer characters.

• Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 152

That’s the only thing I cash them in for. I buy all the chapters with cash, and cosmetics have little meaning to me

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 3,397

no.

i want cosmetics, no points.

lets face it, i get between 55 and 64k BP every time i play billy, so i dont rly need those...

• EqMonkVeeshanEqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 277

Yes shards are for shrine only. if I want Cosmetics or new chapters I will buy Auric cells or the chapters directly, but currently I won't spend a dime on the game until they roll out some fixes to certain areas of the game.

• makaylamakayla Member Posts: 284

No, the shrine gives you an awful amount of bloodpoints for the amount of shards you're cashing in. Also I'm a sucker for cosmetics. It's my biggest weakness. That's why I try to avoid games that have cosmetics like the plague, especially if they have lootboxes involved...I have a problem with that.