Home Discussions Lore
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

The Mysterious Red Hand Print

TheSavageLycanTheSavageLycan Member Posts: 50

I have always asked myself, what is the origin of the red hand print on the exit gate lever? Was it created by a survivor that still is alive today, or perhaps a survivor that never was lucky enough to be resurrected upon being consumed by the Entity?

Comments

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,733

I'd like to believe it's a Call of Duty reference. But it could have been some poor desperate soul was desperately reaching for the switch, then touched it before being dragged off by a killer.

The Entity must've accidentally copied the blood mark for the later trials.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,530

It is a hand print, most likely benidect bakers failure of escaping

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,335
    edited March 2019

Might be a way to try to scare off survivors. I mean, wouldn't you hesitate to activate a device if there was a bloody handprint on it? I know I would.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,182

I always thought it was Benedict's hand print. Also, at first I thought this thread was about the red hand print Michael has on his shoulder. Does anyone know what that's from? I don't remember him picking up Laurie in the original film.

• bubbascalbubbascal Member Posts: 318

Some Survivor preparing to use Decisive, maybe? lmao

• aderpymuffinaderpymuffin Member Posts: 97

The entity creates things weirdly. It recycles things a lot. So it was probably a hand print of a survivor that got dragged off the exit gate lever of the first ever map the entity made. After that it used the exit gate for every map.

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 412

That would be from "LEFT 4 DEAD"

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,530

You might actually be correct ngl, it doesn't have a thumb

• pichumudkippichumudkip Member Posts: 111

I'm assuming it may be Benedict or Vigo's since those 2 are the main important npcs in the game.