The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines

Mori balance

As someone that plays both sides I think the green and red/pink mori add-ons should only work once the person is on their final hook. This can mean second hook and this could mean third hook. Its fun to use the mori but its never fun being on the receiving end of it after only the first hook. On top of that any game you have where you've hooked and mori killed all survivors before they get down to three gens you get so few points which makes the games really short and unfun. Unless of course youre the person who likes winning that way but I think its a bit unfair to earn that usage after only one hook when they still have two more before death.

Comments

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,226

I mean that'd basically make Mori's loose their strength since the survivor is dead on hook anyway. On killers with a long mori like clown it'd be quicker to just hook instead of using the Mori.

and then what about Keys, do we remove them entirely to make up for it?

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,012

Personally I would prefer an Offering for Survivors that prevents them from being Morid. Probably a Pink Offering which prevents them from being morid after their first hook. This can be used when someone has a bad day and simply wants to avoid to have a even worse day by being morid.

It will be burned anyway, regardless if the Killer brings a Mori or Not. Making it a pink Offering would also make it rare enough so that not all 4 Survivors enter the game with that.

Furthermore it would give a Pink Offering to the Survivor Side again, at least for the achievement.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,662

Nah... They could put it back to like it was before where you didn't have to hook them at all.

• Ramxenoc445Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 200

I don't think it would. You'd still every so often get those one hook mori kills because of people not saving the survivor until struggle. Its just not all survivors are loop and juke gods and for those types of survivors a mori is really unfair. For those swf that are good loopers and jukers it'll give them an edge against a mori but its a better idea to me than just one hook and you're out or one mistake gets you moried

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,420

Question. What about the Blood on/in achievements? Not everyone uses Myers, and this sorta thing will make getting that achievement difficult (Not to mention the already existing dcs and suicides in the game already.)

Now keys I've got nothing on those. I've felt they were more on the useless side but I also don't have survivors escaping me many times in games with keys nor have other survivors help me escape in games with keys. Only time I use them is with swf and I usually don't get to use it because everyone leaves or dies before I can use it anyway.

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 142

It is definitely ridiculous that DS is nerfed and this stays as is. It should definitely just be final hook, or if it stays available after being hooked once, then they need to add a way the survivor can possibly fight it off. It is completely unfair otherwise. So give the survivor a chance after first hook, whether it be a skill check or whatever, but on final hook it’s automatic.

I feel you. When I was trying to get it I had lots of people just die on hook to not get moried. Though im not really sure it'd definitely make that harder to do. I wanna say it wouldn't be impossible but harder to get. They could probably code the mori to work regardless of hook number when its the last survivor, though its a matter of if they think about it and decide its good for the game. I'd say bring your best stall build to ensure you can get that trophy

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 668

I think Mori is fine as it stands.

If the killer has managed to down you twice then I think you have lost all right to a say in the matter of what happens next.

I would not really mind an animation where a survivor fights back and escapes a mori if they succeed a skill check or something.

Ds is a sensitive topic. Survivor and Killers are saying it got buffed, and Survivor and Killers are saying it got nerfed. My opinion is that it has not changed in the grand scheme of things.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,391

Mori is fine, and your rework idea for it is very, poor

If you hook a survivor twice, then what is the point of using a mori when hook is faster and safer than a mori

Don't misunderstand me though, I have blood on my hands.

I also got blood on my face. That blood then went in my mouth =D

So that makes a mori fair?! Having DS at least gave people a chance against it, since it could extend your first chase. Now it’s just downed and hooked once, tunnel off hook, game over. It’s more OP than ever.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 10,935

That's not what I said. Stop comparing perks to offerings.

edited March 13

shad03- It’s 100% a nerf, and big one because the timer is not implemented the way it should be.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,391

@Shad03 Nice pun

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,662

The two aren't related. Just cause there is a nerf to one perk on one side of the game... doesn't mean it is a tit-4-tat situation. You fight it off by not getting caught.... twice.

edited March 13

umm, ok...I don’t have any clue what your point is when one has to do with the other, but I’ll go with it.

Ebony moris are an absolute BS offering and should be changed, and green while not AS bad, is also crap. Is this better?

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,058

why? both can make a difference in how a game goes

Perks are forever. Offerings can be wasted.

Say what you will, but moris aren't brought every game (at least, not by the same killer). The average person does not have/can find enough to sustain a mori every game. And if survivors dc or suicide then the mori can't be used at all.

Both can have great influence over a game. Why should one be nerfed and the other exists, while becoming easier to pull off now?

Dont get caught? lol. Are you really going to argue against how OP ebony moris are? Come on

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 10,935

Perks have nothing to do with offerings. Perks are unlockables that have unlimited uses and grant players new abilities. Offerings are single-use items that change the way trials work by design.

Memento Moris as they are now are fine. They still require the killer to find, chase, down, hook, allow a rescue, find, chase, down, and then finally they can use it. When the game was released, they could be used at any time, without restrictions. Memento Moris add tension to the trial, which is something desperately missing on the survivor side.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,555

You sound like truetalent... and he's hardly the gospel.

Moris are powerful. The pink ones are fairly hard to come by. Moris are balanced. It fits the game.

No one escapes death...

Death is not an escape. The mori stuff is completely acceptable.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,058

so because they're limited use it's fine? it's fine that u can skip 2 hook states and just kill someone because you can't do it often? not to mention they aren't even that rare with the very few-to-none ultra rares killer have. not even counting the green ones

Now maybe this will be invalid because it's my personal thing.

But I have failed to see a single mori of any kind, even Cypress, in the last twenty or so Bloodwebs on my Trapper. RNG is a cruel mistress.

In a way, yes, I'm saying the moris are justified. I get it can be unfair, but understand that moris are not something you can get every other bloodweb (not counting the [Bad Word] storm that was the Christmas Boxes). If it makes any difference, I'm fine with Self Care, exhaustion perks, keys, and whatever else exists.