Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB
The 4.3.0 PTB starts today. For more information and patch notes, click here.

Some changes to Plague and a bug

RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258
edited March 2019 in 2.6.0 PTB

I feel that making her TR being 24m would be a good change to her, not making her OP and balancing in a good way. She is not good in loops, nor in implementing pressure on survivors by travelling through map in a fast way, so I think being able to move a little closer to survivors while having lower TR would be a good thing.

While removing instaheal from fountains would not be a good change, she could use some changes to her power too - and by a change I mean that infected survivors should not see redstain, and their ability to hear TR should get weaker overtime. It would encourage them to actually use fountains.

Oh, and last thing - when she uses a fountain, and gains Corrupted Purge, it deletes when she gets pallet stunned. Is it intended?

Comments

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,881

I hope it is not intended, cause this would be a pallet respect haven

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited March 2019

Thanks for the reply, @Janick

Nice to hear you consider making the infecting objects tome to 35s, because 20s was way too low.

As to the TR I think you will see in a couple of weeks after her release if she needs a change to it or not.

Thanks again!

• PetraaahhPetraaahh Member Posts: 207

This is great news object infection being only 20 secs was my only real problem after coming to terms with plague 35 secs sounds great!

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 996

But if her TR being lower would make Infectious Frights far worse on her and seeing as it's one of her teachable it would only harm her if that perk becomes part of the meta.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

24m is not that small. Also see how not every perk works with the killer it origins from. (Doc and M&A for example, or Clown and Pop Goes the Weasel).

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,172

I still think the only changes that should be done to her power are:

1. Give survivors the Hindered status whenever they vomit. This slows them down from 4m/s running speed to 3.85m/s periodically for about .8 seconds. It gives the Plague an advantage during chases without making her power too oppressing, makes survivors want to get rid of the sickness via fountains even more than just having the broken status, but isn't so detrimental that a decent survivor can't deal with it.
    2. Also when survivors vomit they should have a small 3m radius Area of Effect that infects objects, and other survivors. This would make spreading of disease not reliant on direct interaction from survivors to objects/other survivors, or from the Plague herself and make it feel like a disease spreading throughout the team and infecting the map. This will likely only increase the spread slightly, but in the PTB the only times I ever witnessed the disease spread from 1 survivor to another was when a fully infected survivor was slugged and needed help recovering from the dying state. Otherwise since they are broken, no one rushes to heal them, and because the fountains heal and cleanse them, they don't work on gens until they have a drink. This method of infection spreading would work better in the long run.

I don't mind the insta-heal fountains but for a killer that supposedly has the power to disease the survivors and apply pressure to the map, she sure has to do a lot of the work herself, with not much payoff since all being sick does is put survivors in the broken state and has no other unavoidable detrimental effects. I believe both of these changes would make the choice of staying sick vs. healing at a fountain but giving the killer an upgrade to her power more strategic. e.g. Do I go heal at the fountain right away, or can i deal with this and purposely infect my teammates so we can reset the fountains before she gets a chance to use them?

• PuokoPuoko Member Posts: 2

Infected survivors should have blurred vision, and certainly reduce the ability to hear terror radius would be great. Survivors should lose sight over time as sick. Slowly but steadily, getting worse and without limits, to encourage them to go to the fountain. It is completely uncool to be "sick" without symptoms.

It's okay that the broken state is interesting, but I think the infection has the potential to amuse and scare the players if it is well used.

Summary of my ideas and tips:

- Add visual or auditory symptoms to infected survivors;

- Infect survivors who rescue others in hooks;

- Improve the symptoms of the infection over time, to give a certain pleasure or fear in playing with or against the plague.

If the infection has more symptoms, all survivors will be afraid to touch infected objects. Think about it.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,510

Wow.

That pallet stun corruption removal sure is sensible.

It requires sacrificing 1 health state of damage and gets blown up by most loops?

10/10

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

Actually there was a good bug in the PTB for the Plague.

When you were sick, the corners of the screen became black and restricted your PoV. It may not sound like a huge deal but it really made it difficult to loop a 115% ms killer and made mind games easier for the Plague.

They said it was a bug and changed it to something that has no effect. I hope they find a way to force survivors to use fountains with her release.