Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Please give it chance devs

FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Listen devs the vast community want the buff to thana to come to live we dont want the nerf to thana to come to pass especially bad pls give the thana buff a chance if it sucks you can change it in the mid chapter and also please make it the new ds and headon not be affected by enduring they are perfect the way the are if not they will be useless

Post edited by Fenrir on

Comments

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,314

For my Legion, Thanato is an important role with my perk set up. That's why I don't use ruin on my Legion because its that effective. With that being said, if another Legion uses my set up while using ruin it is going to be a bad time for the survivor team.

And if they buff Thanato it would just make my build even more powerful, but IMO the perk needs to be buffed because it shouldn't only be useful for one killer.

I guess people don't see it that way though, they just view it as the meta for a specific killer. So in that logic it should be nerfed and be rendered useless for every killer then right? Wrong.

• FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533

Yeah super sad i cant have one good build on one killer and put it on the next without it being lame for the killer or justput off as a meme build

It all depends on the killer itself, their power, their speed, their terror radius, and height even plays a roll sometimes.

For some reason most people overlook this and focus on the one specific killer the perk goes well with. And the nerfs making that more obvious... (That's if they're nerfing it because of Legion, I can't think of any other reason why they're nerfing it.)

• ApochApoch Member Posts: 96

Nothing escapes the laws of Thermo Dynamics and entropy, not even game mechanics. The tide ever changes as is the nature of all things.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

I used thano and sloppy too. I've seen many leguons that take those and ruin as well however.

Not sure if theres a point if its being nerfed. I cant help but feel it is legion related in some way.

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

@Watery

So it's ok to be able to heal yourself in about 14 seconds (5-6 seconds to heal someone else) with the right perks and a medkit but it's not healthy for gameplay when a killer with the right perks makes it 57 seconds...

Pretty good balance so far :)

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,100

Well honestly Self-Care is a waste of time in and of itself, why survivor's assume its the best perk ever will forever confuse me.

• ApochApoch Member Posts: 96

Never use it myself. So many better perks that aren't crutches to be slotted. Dont know why Killers complain about it I mean with Nurses Calling Self Care actually helps the Killer.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

But they could at least leave it as it is rather than nerf it even further. Everyone thinks irs weak at the moment anyway.

Besides they would have known how long healing takes so not sure why they announced this buff in the first place.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,829
    edited March 2019

Bingo.

Personally I am relieved they are not giving thana that massive buff. Imagining all 4 survivors injured in a Legion match with a 24% thana, combined with sloppy butcher would be hell. Legion players already cannot get enough satisfactory games. If that thana buff went through it would be even worse with the dc rates.

That said nerfing thana was not the way to go. It was hardly OP to begin with.

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

They did give it a chance though...

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,158

I’m going to paste Peanits response from this.

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@The_Crusader

"I'm guessing the disconnect against Legion would go even higher if they did."

Other player playing like garbage douchebags, should never be a reason for a balance change.

Survivor DCing on one of the weakest killer in the game is just pathetic.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

I'm guessing the DCing against tunneling will go even higher if they do

@Watery

"Just my take on it: It's not good for gameplay. With the PTB values and combined with sloppy butcher, it would take a survivor ~57 seconds to self care. That's almost an entire generator's worth of time.

"That's great, though," you might say. But what ends up happening is much like what you're seeing now. Because healing takes so long, you're much better off doing generators instead and waiting for adrenaline to heal everyone. To which you might say, "But the generators would be 24% slower." While true, that adds about 20 seconds per generator (solo). 

Added time to generators: 20 x 5 = 100

Time spent healing: 57 x 4 = 228

Worth noting that you might and probably will get hit more than once, so you'd have to repeat that for each time you get hit. Take your pick, would you rather spend an extra 100 seconds on generators *and* get healed, or an extra 228+ on healing and then still have the generators to deal with?

On the surface it seems like a great idea, but it's further encouraging not healing and instead doing generators as fast as possible, which I think is something we can all agree isn't fun.

That was Peanits’ reply to a thread similar to this."

Can we please stop acting like SLOPPY BUTCHER is a given?

If the killer choose to spent a second perk on a similar effect, he has all the rights to expect a decent result in combining them. It's called synergy.

And if survivor choose to stay injured, fine, enjoy the next chase with only 1 healthlevel.

If you want to go that route, fine, I enjoy using Bloodhound. Maybe you enjoy using IW.

If they don't want to spent the time healing, I -as a killer- enjoy the shorter chase and the easier down.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,596

That the killer is using 2 perks for this which stil can be softened by perks or items simply flies over some peoples heads.

Its especially jarring that they all assume the 4x injured penalty for the first person heealed. .. BY SELFCARE... you still could seek a helper for normal healing speed , but muh game/gen effiency.

A perk that punishes survivors for getting hit, making it harder to heal IS MAKING IT HARDER TO HEAL, who wouldve guessed?

@Dwight_Fairfield

Please explain to me what is "sensible" about that answer?

The calculation is about the killer picking TWO perks to slow down healing and Thana at MAX effect with all 4 survivor injured.

And the survivor is using SELF CARE in this example.

So it's the most favorable situation for the killer with the slowest way to heal (without Botany Knowledge or a med kit, etc.).

And THAT is the reason for a buff to a super weak perk not making it through the PTB?

Sensible? Serious?

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,829

@Wolf74 ^ There's your answer.

@Ihatelife

Yea… "only" 84% of all player across all ranks.

Take away the lowbies that haven't even access to SC and the number will most likely go over 90% of all survivor.

But yea, you ARE righ… 10% is really" not all". :P

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Apparently I don't use this perk anymore. It's useless tbh.

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,158
    edited March 2019

Here’s some math for you.

Survivors heal at 50% speed using selfcare, and 100% using a medkit.

Now, with the individual percentages, if we factored in PTB Thanatophobia with Sloppy, that’s a fourty seven percent decrease in speed, rendering medkits to be near the equivalent of selfcare, and making selfcare take much longer.

factor in the fact that Thanatophobia affects all actions— how would your gameplay be if everything you did only had 80% of the normal amount of charges you would apply?

It’s clear that Thanatophobia is counteracted slightly by Resilience, however, at a max of nine percent. If you’re going to change Thanatophobia, you’re going to change resilience.

Thanatophobia 2.6 PTB wouldn’t work with the already long healing time, and if you run nurses calling, it’s an easy find.

EDIT: Oh, and here’s some more math.

Healing a survivor takes 16 seconds, from one health state to another— Sloppy and thanato (according to my calculations which may be flawed), will take 22.57 seconds.

This is why it’ll never make it live— it’ll make insta heals even more of a problem. It’ll also make Nurses Calling stronger than it already is, and on ranged killers, that is a powerful tool.

EDIT2:Also, have you even considered addons that Mangle and Hemmorage? What about the Adrenaline issue killers face? If this perk becomes the way it was listed, there’s going to be a world of problems. I understand that you’re upset the perk wasn’t buffed, but there may have been some reasoning as to why the changes occurred. If you’d rather have genrush and adrenaline survivors than an actual engaging game, you do you. But no one is going to find that fun.