We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

How Do I Obtain Personal Perks Post-Patch?

TheTimeMachineTheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
     I just prestiged a Killer, and I left them at level one. After the patch, will I get those “personal” perks? Did I screw myself over? Maybe I should’ve waited to go back (prestige) to level one?
     (I could’ve just waited patiently... but it may effect whether I should bother playing if it might be a few more weeks to patch)
Post edited by TheTimeMachine on

Best Answer

Answers

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

The patch doesnt change anything about how perks work, not sure what you are refering to

• popolespopoles Member Posts: 749
    edited June 2018
    Yes, you will have all the teachables you have owned before the patch. The shrine gets replaced by the shop, in which you can buy teachables you haven't unlocked yet.
  • TheTimeMachineTheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
         Bad wording on my part. As stated in the patch notes:
    • All characters now start with their 3 personal perks unlocked by default (at level 1)
         Will I have these 3 personal perks unlocked after patch 2.0? I mean, I’d figure yes, but I’m not sure since I’ve already technically “started” and I’ll be in some weird place in between.
  • CetrenCetren Member Posts: 577
    Yes, it just means if you prestiged a character you don't start with no perks, you get their three teachable on level one for that character right off the bat. Teachables still function exactly the same.
  • TheTimeMachineTheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Cetren said:
    Yes, it just means if you prestiged a character you don't start with no perks, you get their three teachable on level one for that character right off the bat. Teachables still function exactly the same.
         What if I prestiged before the patch, and leveled up a bit? Would I receive any (tier 1) “personal” perks that I have yet to find in the bloodweb? 
         (This question may be directed to PC players who have experienced this particular situation)