Home Discussions General Discussions
With regards to Error 112, we apologise that this error is still affecting our players and can assure you it is receiving our attention. Please bear with us and we will update with more information when we can.

New players aren't going to stick around long.

With this matchmaking:

I played four killer games today. I don't main killer, but I do know how to play. Today I was finishing up the Billy's chainsaw trophy. If I was new, I would be furious with this matchmaking. I only played four killer games today, and only one was remotely close to my rank. Here are the survivor ranks I played against:

3, 6, 6, 15

7, 7, 7, 8

13, 14, 15, 15

5, 6, 5, 5

I played at least 15 survivor games, and almost all of them were similar to this. My rank ~14 (I'm working on trophies) was matched up with almost entirely rank 20, 19, and 18 killers. Who are often (quite reasonably, in my opinion) are quitting the game because of the obvious skill difference. That is infuriating for everyone as survivors lose all the earned blood, items they brought to the match, and offerings they burnt on PS4 when a killer rage quits. That's not fair, or fun.

Please fix this, Behaviour.

Comments

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

All the high rank killers have the opposite. By that I mean they get low rank survivors. Matchmaking is switched.

• BrendanLeeTBrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Although you shouldn't have been matched with those survivors, you did a pretty good job at killing 3 of them with your load out and rank.

Would be nice if someone could confirm if this was intended with the new matchmaking or if it's an issue that will be fixed soon.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

If this was April 1st, I would get what the developers were doing. But this? Someone should be fired. Seriously, clean house. Get some people in here that can actually run a game. This is not rocket science. You are not the first game to have a rank and match making system. This is inexcusable. You will kill your own game.

Considering the ingenuity that went into making this game in the first place, it is shocking to see how poorly it is managed.

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

But people are always saying "Rank doesn't matter". I hope the same people are not the ones complaining.

• laKUKAlaKUKA Member Posts: 307

New people dont care about rank, they try to learn the basic first!.

• The_ManletThe_Manlet Member Posts: 474

You probably aren't going to learn the basics if you're getting matched up with 1000+ hour players.

• ItsYourBoyGuzmaItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 799

Killers at rank 1 realizing the switch be like

https://youtu.be/hR6Wr-S8KKs?t=93

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

You are misconstrued in your statement. Rank has no meaning, as in zero benefit or reward. Veteran red ranks vs newbie rank 20's is the dumbest idea ever. You will chase off new players and that equals the game's death.

• kisfenkinkisfenkin Member Posts: 141

Is everyone seeing the same matchmaking problems, or is it just PS4?

• douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 792

All of my matches killer and survivor have been fair ranks they have been either one or two rank below me or one or two rank above me.

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

De-ranking apologists: "Rank doesn't matter."

Bhvr: "Hold my beer."

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2019

Seems ok... It is because everyone connects and says.. "hey... I'm looking for a lobby!"...

MM goes.. ok sit in this waiting list... Then at a timed interval... it pulls out a "bucket" of killers and survivors... Then takes those 2 buckets and swishes around the contents until you get what you have above... Most games matched up correctly with a group of lobbies looking like the [BAD WORD] show above.

---

So... if your waiting list contains a massive amount of people waiting to be matched and you only take out a small percentage of them to match up... and you keep repeating it... How can you match up say a red rank player, if the bucket only had a few of them in there.. but the next bucket pull could have mostly red ranks in it...

The buckets are just a mix bag of players who near the same moment of time, clicked ready. So you only get paired with people who basically are clicking ready around the time you are.

Every lobby gets 1 killer... 4 survivors... They probably made the buckets a ratio of 4 to 1... so every lobby is built and there is no throw-a-ways. But not sure how the holes get filed...

I'm only guessing.. I like to guess about this stuff.. when I read the new MM description and see the matches, including myself, are paired up in... this is the conclusion I draw so I don't get annoyed by how dumb their MM is.

I understand why they can make certain decisions.. I think a bunch of it is related to making MM seamless when dedicated servers come in.

If there buckets were based on the colour ranks instead of just whoever came in first you'd see different pairing.. so this makes me think it just grabs whoever is waiting the longest and tosses them together in one salad bowl.. then empties the bowl and refills and repeats.

• benzosbenzos Member Posts: 178

if anything kills it for new players it will be how tough it is against tier3 perk veterans and also the huge grind.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,066

I'd say the grind is more inexcusable than anything. What benefit is there to the grind? This isn't an MMO with a monthly subscription. We don't stop playing once we get the build we want on a character.

• VoodooTheKillerVoodooTheKiller Member Posts: 81

Thank you! I agree completely with this. Someone needs fired. I know this game can be a rare gem if treated by the right people, but i feel like they are probably all friends and can't handle letting one go FOR THE BETTER OF THE BUSINESS, so they rather have them trial and error and get better(or worse) while there are many coders and creators dying for a chance to be given, with far more talent than what we currently have.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,842

When we say rank doesn't matter it's because the ranking system doesn't rank skill. So rank doesn't matter in dbd.

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

But it matters now it seems.