Something's strange about the next chapter...
Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

The Entity's weakness revealed and proved.

24

Comments

  • TheBretzelTheBretzel Member Posts: 83

    @Rattman said:
    The more I think about it, the more I come to conclusion, that generators, Exit Gates (and, maybe hatch) were created by Entity. Entity probably just watches how desperately survivors trying to escape and laughs, since there is no escape beyond Exit Gates and hatch. Like, who cares, how weak Entity is, while all generators are powered up, if there is no known way for tru3 escape anyway? False hope - thing that Entity enjoy.

    The hatch has been confirmed that it was not made by the Entity. Devs also hinted at other things around the trial (specifically generators) that in the Entity's realm, did not make much sense. While I can understand the fact that they are present (gives hope to survivors) I still do not understand why they are allowed to stay there by the Entity. Either they are immune to the Entity's influence or the Entity accepts them since it feeds survivors hope. The answer as to why the Hatch (just to say this one only) is present is quite a crucial one but sadly no answers yet.

  • AkibaharaAkibahara Member Posts: 69

    @TheBretzel said:
    If any of you think I need more to backup this I can easily provide, I just did not wanted to overload the post. But any remaining questions about this can be found on the Wiki. Or you can ask me here, your choice.

    Post this on Reddit for hundreds of updoots

  • IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 284

    Wow i think you are very accurate with everything you said about the entity. Im eager to know more too. The devs said that they will periodicaly unveil the truth of the entity and they definitely left clues for us to discover. I can't wait to know more :p

  • TheBretzelTheBretzel Member Posts: 83

    @Akibahara said:

    @TheBretzel said:
    If any of you think I need more to backup this I can easily provide, I just did not wanted to overload the post. But any remaining questions about this can be found on the Wiki. Or you can ask me here, your choice.

    Post this on Reddit for hundreds of updoots

    Already did sadly was met with a measly score :^(
    look:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8tj138/the_entitys_weakness_found_link_to_official_forums/

    me sad.

  • AkibaharaAkibahara Member Posts: 69

    @TheBretzel said:

    @Akibahara said:

    @TheBretzel said:
    If any of you think I need more to backup this I can easily provide, I just did not wanted to overload the post. But any remaining questions about this can be found on the Wiki. Or you can ask me here, your choice.

    Post this on Reddit for hundreds of updoots

    Already did sadly was met with a measly score :^(
    look:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8tj138/the_entitys_weakness_found_link_to_official_forums/

    me sad.

    It's not bad. I'll repost it with the FULL body since - surprisingly enough - alot of people are so lazy they won't click a link and prefer to read it on the OP.

  • TheBretzelTheBretzel Member Posts: 83

    @Akibahara said:

    @TheBretzel said:

    @Akibahara said:

    @TheBretzel said:
    If any of you think I need more to backup this I can easily provide, I just did not wanted to overload the post. But any remaining questions about this can be found on the Wiki. Or you can ask me here, your choice.

    Post this on Reddit for hundreds of updoots

    Already did sadly was met with a measly score :^(
    look:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8tj138/the_entitys_weakness_found_link_to_official_forums/

    me sad.

    It's not bad. I'll repost it with the FULL body since - surprisingly enough - alot of people are so lazy they won't click a link and prefer to read it on the OP.

    well let's see if you beat my score :^)
    good luck.

  • TLE_ZekarisTLE_Zekaris Member Posts: 11

    interesting thoughts, @OP. I consider it well possible that you are right. I´d just personally disagree on the Generators being no part ot The Entity´s design. There were multiple references in the Devstreams that hint to The Entity harvesting the Hope of the Survivors. Therefore, I think that the Generators are part of the design to give reason for hope. Hope to reach the campfire, to gaze into the flame and find some short time of peace and quiet before the next trial begins. Since there is no Escape, it keeps them going, leading to more suffering, moreendurance and a long, bountyful harves of hope. That principle can be observed in the Diary of Benedict Baker, who did not get insane in the face of the horrid torment but rather kept going, especially after he found out about the Generators and the possible way to escape unharmed that they provide.

  • ChihuahuasaurusChihuahuasaurus Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    Good post. 

    The generators and flashlights aren't the only sources of light that are present across the various trials nor are they the strongest sources of light. The moon, fires and quite a large number of electrical lights (that aren't connected to the generators) are scattered across each trial all of which would have been created by the Entity itself to emulate the survivors memories.

    The Entity must be kicking itself with its own stupidity when Lery's or the Meat Plant gets chosen.

    Maybe I'm blind but I can't see any evidence backing up your statement about generators and flashlights not being made entirely by the Entity? 

    Also, your jump from flashlights to generators doesn't hold much weight as far as I'm concerned. The trial is constructed so that the survivors power the exit gates so that they can start a new trial. The survivors and killers are trapped inside the Entity's never ending cycle. The Entity wants the survivors to play its game - why do you consider the generators a weakness? 

    I also wouldn't be surprised if the Entity turns out to be a much smaller fish than people originally thought. In the realm of popular fiction that DBD follows i'm sure the Entity is merely a pawn in a much larger circle of consciousness. Whether or not it has a weakness could be largely irrelevant regardless of how fun the speculation is 😀
    Post edited by Chihuahuasaurus on
  • DepravedKillerDepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

    This detail

  • RattmanRattman Member Posts: 587
    edited July 2018

    Btw, last time I was moried by Huntress, I've noticed spirit world effect around my survivor. Looks like it appears only in survivor perspective.

  • RattmanRattman Member Posts: 587
    edited July 2018

    Guess, this one appears in every mori. This one probably is most lucky with camera placement.
    This effect also appears at the end of the match for killer, if you look really close.

    Post edited by Rattman on
  • RattmanRattman Member Posts: 587

    Also, worth to mension, same effect could be seen while pig uses trap on survivor/survivor removes trap.

  • WraithOPWraithOP Member Posts: 4

    I think the connection with light is solid, but not everything that's there. I see the Entity as something like Pennywise from IT, since we know the Entity feeds off of the survivor's hope and hopelessness, as well as the killer's bloodlust (and maybe frustration, depending on if you think the survivors or the Entity created pallets). By that logic, the Entity's only real weakness would be apathy.

    But there is the genius of the trial. If the survivors were only trying to fight the entity, they would only need to stop caring to starve it. Since there are killers involved as well though, there's no way that both the killers and survivors would both be apathetic together (especially since so many killers are either completely insane, dead, or actually enjoy the trials), so they are both trapped forever.

  • RattmanRattman Member Posts: 587

    @WraithOP said:
    If the survivors were only trying to fight the entity, they would only need to stop caring to starve it.

    After survivor lose all hope, he/she becomes killer. The only thing left of them - hollow shell.
    After this, Entity would just get new survivors.

  • xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 675

    The idea of Vigo, Benedict, Alex, Nikki, Sassy Dylan, Donna, etc. going through these trials with the hope of finding a way to open these doors and never knowing how is just sad. I wonder how long people were stuck in a trial with a killer and three others, having these gates and generators broken down everywhere. But you know nothing of fixing them and no tools to try anyways.

    Finally Vigo invents the tools to fix these machines, giving them hope. The entity was feeding on them every night before these machines, but ow they were escaping every one in a while and it wasn't being as much. But it noticed how much better each person tasted when they had that fear.

    Then Vigo created lights on each generator with the same material they used to create the tools, somehow outside of the entity's grasp to alter or remove.

    What fuels these generators? They are converting some fuel into the electricity that powers the gates. And if the survivors never fill it up, the entity fills it for them. But that seems out of character. Wouldn't it just make that another part of the trial? So is someone else filling these up? Or is there no fuel, and there is something else at work with these generators that's in the subtext.

  • ducccduccc Member Posts: 4

    There is no way for the survivors to kill the entity.
    The entity is everything in the Entities realm, but not to mention the only way for them to be able to cut the connection between the Entities main body in the Spirit Realm and the Entities realm would be for them to find a way to kill the Killers. That's obviously not possible. But that would be the only way to really break the connection with the Entity and the Entities Realm.

    Not to mention, I've seen people saying about Survivors escaping.

    The Entity wants survivors to believe that they have a chance at escaping. If they escape through the Exit gate and see that the Killer can't chase them, they will become more hopeful for the next time, and believe that they truly can get out. Not to mention, that killer would get frustrated at losing the kill, as they all get Bloodlusted for survivors, and would likely be punished by the Entity for failure to catch them anyway. This would make the survivors have more hope for the Entity to feed off of when the Killer, who is more riled up for the kill next time, sacrifices the poor survivors.

    Although I agree that Light is the Entities weakness, It will certainly not damage the Entity. The Entity is a God. It's the God of it's own Realm at the very least, and it can clearly reach into the Real world and snatch people up either as Killers or as Survivors. That means that it isn't just bound to the Spirit Realm, the Entity Realm nor the Dream Realm but it can also access the Real World too. So calling it a God would make sense. A flashlight, the light from Generators, the Light from even the Sun would likely not be enough to weaken the Entity. The reason that the connection with the Entity would be weakened, or killers take huge "damage" is because it's the Entity linking with something that is Mortal. The Entity would be part of the Killer, so the Killers weaknesses would be the Entities weaknesses in the time where the Entity is controlling the Killer. But that doesn't mean the Entity takes damage, it just perceives the damage that the Killer takes.

  • redsopine1redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Guys the games called dead by daylight so what's to say there talking about the killer's or the survivors maby the entity keeps the killers trapped for without them the world they made dont exist anymore bringing dawn closer and if someone manipulated the fog then maby just maby they was never a survivor but a killer like the doctor drawn into that world but with a difference they came to kill the entity's power which is why it can only hold a small area and the hatch is in fact a doorway they created when they had to flee but only when there job was done freeing survivors to weaken it during there time as to the gens maby old killer's that worshipped the entity like the wraith does built them to feed there master but when they finished there master was so weak they willing gave there lives and there very existence to save there master so it could call more to there side only one a willing servant
  • FinLaddFinLadd Member Posts: 190
    New killer "The Entity" only killer that can reach tier SS (SUPER STRONG) 
  • TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 718

    I didn't read all of the posts, so forgive me if this was already said:

    If the Entity didn't want you to escape, why would it put the gens and exit gates there at all? Why would it block the killer from pursuing and sacrificing survivors outside of the gates? The survivors only escape back to the campfire to await the next trial, where we can see the killers and Entity watching them. No. The Entity MUST want the survivors to escape. Possibly cultivating and nurturing the hope of the survivors so that it may "devour" that hope when they are finally sacrificed. It seems to me that the Entity wants survivors to feel strong hope and confidence in their ability to escape and then crush that hope. Perhaps that is how the Entity subsists.

    This is also potentially a lore explanation for rank as well. As your hope and confidence increase, you are facing ever more overwhelming odds until you eventually are defeated time and time again, which reduces your rank so that you may become hopeful again. Perhaps the crushed hope of killers at high rank is also satisfying to the Entity. Perhaps killers are just as much of victims as the survivors, only malevolent.

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,088

    Some people asked why the Entity would bring its weakness into its own world.

    I think that might be because light is generally a representation of hope, the very thing the Entity feeds on when a Survivor is sacrificed. The Entity needs Survivors to build up their hope for an escape. A Generator lighting up represents that since every Generator brings them closer to an escape.

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,088

    For OP. I very much like this theory. It seems quite plausible. Of course, the devs tend to make the Lore up as they go along so I don't think they themselves have thought of that yet. It's a common practice to re-use assets like particle effects in the early days of a Game's life when it's not clear yet how successful it'll become and it would be worth spending time creating new effects or not.

    At any rate, I'll ask the devs what they think of your theory, since I'd like to incorporate it on the Wiki.

  • SariefSarief Member Posts: 543

    This might be out of blue, but explaining illogical things with logic... does not always work :)

    anyway, what if there are 2 entities, one which feeds on despair and creates trials where survivors are tormented and the other feeds on hope and provides gates, engines, exits and power to flashlights?

    the problem with light theory: engines also shine light but killer don't see/feel any problem being near them. Be it Wraith or any other.

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,088

    @Sarief said:
    This might be out of blue, but explaining illogical things with logic... does not always work :)

    anyway, what if there are 2 entities, one which feeds on despair and creates trials where survivors are tormented and the other feeds on hope and provides gates, engines, exits and power to flashlights?

    the problem with light theory: engines also shine light but killer don't see/feel any problem being near them. Be it Wraith or any other.

    Well, it's not shined into their eyes.

  • SariefSarief Member Posts: 543

    @DocOctober said:

    @Sarief said:
    This might be out of blue, but explaining illogical things with logic... does not always work :)

    anyway, what if there are 2 entities, one which feeds on despair and creates trials where survivors are tormented and the other feeds on hope and provides gates, engines, exits and power to flashlights?

    the problem with light theory: engines also shine light but killer don't see/feel any problem being near them. Be it Wraith or any other.

    Well, it's not shined into their eyes.

    I did try looking at the lamps :D

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,088

    @Sarief said:

    @DocOctober said:

    @Sarief said:
    This might be out of blue, but explaining illogical things with logic... does not always work :)

    anyway, what if there are 2 entities, one which feeds on despair and creates trials where survivors are tormented and the other feeds on hope and provides gates, engines, exits and power to flashlights?

    the problem with light theory: engines also shine light but killer don't see/feel any problem being near them. Be it Wraith or any other.

    Well, it's not shined into their eyes.

    I did try looking at the lamps :D

    Not the purpose of those lights though.

  • Wolff_BringerWolff_Bringer Member Posts: 78

    I get the idea about having a map where the campfire lies... and after that change the lobby as another map... That would be cool.

  • TheBretzelTheBretzel Member Posts: 83

    @TheHourMan said:
    I didn't read all of the posts, so forgive me if this was already said:

    If the Entity didn't want you to escape, why would it put the gens and exit gates there at all? Why would it block the killer from pursuing and sacrificing survivors outside of the gates? The survivors only escape back to the campfire to await the next trial, where we can see the killers and Entity watching them. No. The Entity MUST want the survivors to escape. Possibly cultivating and nurturing the hope of the survivors so that it may "devour" that hope when they are finally sacrificed. It seems to me that the Entity wants survivors to feel strong hope and confidence in their ability to escape and then crush that hope. Perhaps that is how the Entity subsists.

    This is also potentially a lore explanation for rank as well. As your hope and confidence increase, you are facing ever more overwhelming odds until you eventually are defeated time and time again, which reduces your rank so that you may become hopeful again. Perhaps the crushed hope of killers at high rank is also satisfying to the Entity. Perhaps killers are just as much of victims as the survivors, only malevolent.

    Yes they may escape the trial, but they did not escaped the Entity's realm, so they are still prisoners. It's just a circular way to build and consume hope.

    @DocOctober said:
    For OP. I very much like this theory. It seems quite plausible. Of course, the devs tend to make the Lore up as they go along so I don't think they themselves have thought of that yet. It's a common practice to re-use assets like particle effects in the early days of a Game's life when it's not clear yet how successful it'll become and it would be worth spending time creating new effects or not.

    At any rate, I'll ask the devs what they think of your theory, since I'd like to incorporate it on the Wiki.

    ay thanks Doc :^)

  • RattmanRattman Member Posts: 587

    In lunar new year this spirit world effect could be seen around survivors, when they pick up the vessel. Maybe vessel represents some kind of energy of lost souls? Most likely, killers destroying them for the same reason.

  • Magnus13Magnus13 Member Posts: 73

    @Pride said:
    so, as was pointed out, light is a big no-no, k?
    there is one thing that puzzled many
    a circuit box, not reachable, in the heights
    now, what if it was somehow being able to be powered between the combination of a well pointed light to open it's grid, and some sort of "electricity"

    Can someone please find a picture of this circuit box and post it?

  • Magnus13Magnus13 Member Posts: 73

    I think I understand why the moon, atmospheric lights, those things, don’t blind or hinder the killers, but the flashlights do. There’s a reason why you can take items out of the trial. The very fact that Killers can be blinded proves that the Entity is unstoppable.
    I read a book where a person was god in his house. He couldn’t be hurt, he couldn’t be defeated. He was super strong. At all logic, he should win everything. Only he died, because of a single weakness.>

    @White_Owl said:
    Interesting theory especially the parts about the spirit world, but I don't agree much on point 4/5. Yes, gens emit light when fully repaired, but even when they are all running the Entity's power is not weaker, otherwise Bloodwarden and most endgame perks would hardly work.
    I honestly doubt the Entity would use its own weakness in the world it has created: a survivor would just need to knock over a fire barrel in Shelterwoods or the Rotten Fields to start a fire whose light could weaken a lot the Entity, maybe even allowing survivors to escape.

    On a side note I know the Asylum was on fire during a certain point, so maybe it was tried before and it failed, or maybe it has nothing to do with this and it is just either a concidence or unrelated. But still just wanted to say that.

    The reason why the fire and other lights don’t burn the killers is because they’re tethered to the entity. It isn’t just light that burns them; it’s the survivors hope, the Hope combined with the light, that does it.
    Survivors are in a nightmare, but they’re still alive, still breathing.

Sign In or Register to comment.