Home Discussions General Discussions

The emblem system now, is really good and bad for some killers.

PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

So let's get straight into it, the emblem system is very kind to Hag and very cruel to Nurse.

Before you say NIcE B8 m8 i r8 8/8.

Nurse is still the joint strongest killer in the game with Spirit, but she's not quite as effective as she used to be. Now killers must delay the game properly, prevent genrush but also try not to end it quickly. Which seriously hinders a lot of Nurses usefulness because now, you can't slug and end the game quickly as you used to. Which isn't big but makes her need to be played in a non slug way which means she's a lot more difficult to play for slugging Nurses.

Now on the flipside, Hag is so good at pipping now. She always was but now she's amazing. If you're good with her, unless its a sweaty SWF, you're solid. The map presence/pressure Hag can generate is not to be taken lightly. I mean she's literally amazing. And with her strong chasing, her momentum and her ability to traverse through the map quickly (if you trap routes). She's pretty much joint with Billy for best pipping killer.

Billy can do everything Hag can and slightly more. While they are not as strong as Nurse or Spirit, they're better for pipping which shouldn't be the case.

I think this system needs a rework. Tru3 suggested a great one. While having Hag and Billy be so good is a good thing, it's also quite bad because the stronger 2 (Nurse and Spirit) are being hindered. Spirit not as much but Nurse, a ton. I hope the devs can make a rework rather than hindering Nurse.

Comments

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,784

It'll never happen as it's a ton of work for no profit, but Killers could really use individual ranking systems.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2019

Maybe that is the idea.. or a blessing is disguise.

Maybe the Devs don't want to see the slugging Nurses as much, since the otherside doesn't enjoy it.

I thought the concept behind the emblems was for the Devs to reward players who play the matches correctly. Which doesn't mean being more skilled than the otherside. The emblems are the Developers view on how you should play the match with other people.

In my eyes.. if that is a hindrance to the Nurse... then good... Billy needs to be pulled into that hindrance as well.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Yeah. Although Hag is seriously thriving, she's so good at pipping that people are finally starting to learn her. She's basically the second best killer to pip, only to Billy.

But yeah slugging with Nurse is soooo boring. I can understand why they'd try to hinder it, but reworking Nurse to be weaker but not garbage would have been a better option. But a lot of people would give backlash so I can't complain, they're in a tough spot and need more support than the community is giving.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,586

@powerbats I'd actually argue that Legion is the best in the game for pips.

You have to actively try to not get iri chaser every game as them. Legion is great for pips and bp.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

True, I'm not sure how good Doctor is now with the changes since he can score BP as well easily.

Also Legion is stupid, I had a game other night he hardcore tunneled with moonwalk and then hard camped the 1st person. He'd simply cmap the basement and wait for next person and camp them. He never damaged a single gen and hard camped and pipped.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

I'm poweas 😂😂 but yeah I didn't say them because they were double pip simulators anyway.