Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Thanks for killing the matchmaking... Again

2»

Comments

• BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

When they reverted back to the old matchmaking me and my friends were getting lobbies instantly even solo playing... Now it’s back to dead by matchmaking. (Rank 3)

• GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 821

So after waiting for a match forever!! I get in a match getting camped and moried right after by a rank 2 killer while I was like 8 ranks away from him JHGDGHBD

Match making is not broken at all! How could you ever say that? Don’t you like waiting for like 30 minutes for a game LOL!

• KhalednazariKhalednazari Member Posts: 1,415
    edited March 2019

@Gamzello If that's what they've aimed to achieve, they haven't failed us.

@Yorke93 I am not even excited for the new survivor. The only difference it will make that, now, instead of staring at my Claudette or Nea, I'd be staring at Ash Williams for 30 minutes.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2019

@Yorke93: Please bear in mind that I am not trolling you. I am honestly curious. With you guys having such insane wait times to play survivor, and then all the myriad other issues you have on that side right now, why does Ash coming out in a couple of days make a difference for you?

His release isn't going to fix the ongoing issues. Instead, you're going to spend money on him and pretty much remain where you are now as far as matches and wait times.

I'm asking because as much as I enjoy DbD, this fiasco has gone on long enough. I'm 46 and have been an Evil Dead fan since the original film released way back in 1981. Hell, I got to meet and talk with Bruce several times many years ago when working on a different Evil Dead license. And I refuse to purchase this DLC (or any subsequent releases) until Behavior fixes this mess.

At this point, the only thing that might light a fire under them is hitting them in the pocket.

I agree with @Kilmeran. A lot of us have waited enough. I'm not going to purchase any DLCs either until they fix their matchmaking. I don't know ranting here will make a difference, but I atleast hope that the devs are aware of the mess it's playerbase is in. Cannot get into matches, cannot play.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2019

@Aceonfire

The issue with measuring the latency between two players might take too long to be more efficient than separating up players based on region before the actual MM takes place.

Your client can provide all the region info you need, then join the MM and let it know all the details.

If you were to say, take a killer.. then grab 4 random survivor players.. then measure their latency between each other... then remove those who are too far away.. then grab a couple replacements and then measure them against everyone else... rinse and repeat this till you find a match....

Now do that 100 times for the 100 killers who just readied up a few minutes ago... Cause there is gonna be about another 100 killers readying up in another few minutes.

Do you think that sounds like a fast match making system?

The Devs can figure out how to measure this latency without using a PING tool, but you try to PING 4 other people and tell me how efficient that would be to do that 16 times per lobby you want to create.

Makes sense @TheBean

• AceonfireAceonfire Member Posts: 304
    edited March 2019

even the forum is broken and garbage.

rip my response good lord.

edited March 2019

Daily reminder. I will bump this thread everyday until they fix it.

Or until someone from the dev team responds to what's really going on...

• JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

A good product always takes multiple tries, where slight improvements come and by the knowledge and feedback they gain over the failed systems they can create a matchmaking system in the near future that will actually stick around for years. Just be patient and don't expect perfection in one try.

How about waiting 3 months for them to fix it? And the end result is worse than what it was before? I have done my part, all I am asking for is accountability and acknowledgement of the issue.

edited March 2019

So I just came across their new post on twitter, in which they've confirmed that they've reverted the matchmaking again (and again?). I'll play in a few hours and share my experience on whether it did make any difference. Meanwhile, fingers crossed 🤞

• BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

Yeah I’m back to instant lobbies again, for now...

It's still beyond broken for me.

How do you compare between bad & worse?

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@JoannaVO Thats funny about waiting for a good product.

You know... I already waited for a good product. The last match making system.

• JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

@TheBean You make it sound as if everything they try to develop is horrendous, which it's not. I'm quite sure that eventually they are able to come with a matchmaking system that is pleasant for everybody.

Matchmaking is still broken.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,571

@JoannaVO It would also be totally fine if they would hire a mathematician to write the algorithm. It's not the typical job of a programmer.