The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Players boycotting the game due to survivor nerfs...

deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 250

Since the latest patch, cue times have become horrid for both survivor and killer which leads me to believe the survivor mains are once again boycotting the game until buffs are given back to their DS and killers get nerfed back to their previous states.

And we all know how that will work...expect killers to be nerfed to [BAD WORD] once again and survivors to get their OP DS back within the next two months....

Comments

• MhhBurgersMhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,776

new Ash perk is basically DS 2.0 for most survivors since it doesn't even take a skillshot to activate and has no previous wiggle-time or anything like that for non-obsessions.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2019

IMO...

What I think it is... They pushed ranking into specific rank numbers.. and tough for most of the players. The Devs/some players seem to want a difference between a rank 8 and rank 7 player, when there really is no difference.

So green survivors aren't actually near the skill level of green killers... sides aren't balanced out in the ranks. Basically a solo survivor at rank 9 really is a rank 13 but is being measured to the SWF group who averages rank 9. An average rank 9 SWF group doesn't equal a rank 9 solo survivor.

So solo is now harder to play and not as fun.... Some solos go play killer instead now since it is becoming easier and easier with a crappy ranking system.

Some other survivors feel they need to be in SWF in order to win...

Some survivors don't want to play killer and stop playing instead... waiting for the Devs to change some stuff.

Then the Dev put in a match making system which is longer... but don't fix some other issues related to those lobbies.

Those survivors who don't play killer don't like the nerfs to their favourite perks... they leave.

You know the ranking isn't working correctly or doesn't matter when you place a rank 13 killers with rank 10 to 8 survivors and that killer hoses all 4 survivors easily. IMO

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Survivor boycott… LOL... muarhrhrhrhr...

• ricardoricardo Member Posts: 53

nobody is boycotting the game, player count is still same

• deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 250

Given the toxic nature of some players in this community, IT WOULD NOT SHOCK ME.

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

When being Rey is not enough and you want to be Captain Marvel. XD

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,134

Or maybe it's just down to the Devs messing with how the matchmaking works.

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 606

Good. Get rid of all the survivors. We don't need them.

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,710
    edited March 2019

It is most certainly a dc boycott for several reasons by survivors. You guys obviously don’t talk to other survivors.

Here is a list of reasons I’ve heard of why they dc

1. killer brought a mori
    2. the year long nerf to chases on survivor side with the buff to chases to killers with certain introductions
    3. hitboxes
    4. bugs
    5. op builds on killers
    6. matchmaking
    7. tunneling
    8. camping
    9. pallet betrayal
    10. lag
    11. lag switchers
    12. bad teammates which goes back to matchmaking
    13. Multiple people going down within the first couple of minutes in the game
    14. perk not working

im sure they are more but this is the ones I’ve witnessed off the top of my head

some just dc Bc salt

edited March 2019

@Unicorn True.. to a point.. but... When last night it takes me about 20 to 30 seconds to get a match for survivor and between 2 to 3 minutes for killer... something more to it than match making.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,192

Solo survivor isn't fun I would rather play killer rn :/

I talk to other survivors, the casuals that I play with don't give a [BAD WORD] about the DS nerf, we can't hit DS consistently anyways. Nothing else of magnitude has changed with this patch.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

As a killer main I am boycotting the game due to killer nerfs (plague e.g.)

• MatcuskilgannonMatcuskilgannon Member Posts: 38

I agree. The queue times lately and the constantly [BAD WORD] d/cing players are really dragging down the fun of the game.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,192

Ik some rank 1 survivor main friends that are pretty good they don't care either they even told me that from their experience only bad survivors usually use ds lul I doubt it's a boycott can we stop acting like those filthy survivors are out to get us! I doubt there is any review bombing ect.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,914

@deathsia I love Dead by Daylight to death, but recently I've stopped simply because after the newest matchmaking change I cannot seem to get lobbies at all. No point in playing an actual lobby simulator when I could play other games.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 917
    edited March 2019

@TheBean What platform are you on? Lol 20-30 seconds to find a game as Survivor sounds like Heaven. It takes 5+ minutes to find a game as Survivor & 10-20 seconds as a Killer. Not everything is on a Killer/Survivor, especially not matchmaking. Matchmaking has always been bad, and now people want to blame a certain side? I don't understand.

Edit: Forgot to @ your user

The problem was not bad ppl using it, the problem was with very good survivors using it.

edited March 2019

I think it’s just the build up of stuff on survivor side over the past year. That’s why dc rates get worse each update. If you play with the same casuals all the time you’re not talking to a lot of survivors. Oh yeah I forgot to add the ds rework that almost all survivors hate. People might not like my list but that is most certainly why they’re doing it.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 914

Survivors complain when the balance is still on their side i guess these guys never played against SwF as killer or even godly solo squad. DS is well balanced right now and should stay like that. Objectively the original DS was badly balanced because killers have start a second track when their time is not balanced (3 gen rushed in 80sec) If devs was focusing that balance i think DS wouldn't posed much of a threat.

80-85% of the map is survivors sided ( coldwind farm , crotus prenn , Blood lodge...). The DC's is due to many reasons with legion being the most recurent.

They knew it was op and broken, they don’t like the rework especially with what enduring does to it.

The main problem is that the devs have no clear direction. Is the game incredibly survivor sided? absolutely. But low-ranks and casualplayers do not utilize those imbalances nor why would they care, this game doesn't have tournaments or anything. It's a casual experience but with (unintended) intricacies to survivor gameplay that break the game at high ranks and [BAD WORD] over lowranks.

As said nerfing the amount of pallets was REALLY dumb, they should've just made looping impossible as most lowrank survivors do not loop anyways.

• ImAGirlImAGirl Member Posts: 149

You're fake news.

@Unicorn

I'm on PC... Yee.. but I played this game since SWF was being put into the game.. so I felt like I went through the trials and tribulations of getting a new match making system (the old one)... and got used to being almost instant lobbies from both sides.

Sucks they Devs gave us a nice system... to this one where I supposed to now give up time to play. I gave up my time already... I don't want to give up more.

I know it didn't work for everyone, but I don't see a compromise from a avg 10 second wait as killer to 3 minutes.