Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

Would removing Wraith's Shimmer be a good or bad idea?

BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,280

I've always wondered this.

What do you think the wraith would be like if he was completely invisible when cloaked? For experienced players if your not in an indoor map he's pretty easy to see coming but what if you had to be on guard the whole game not knowing where he's coming from. Would it make him too OP?

Maybe you'd have to take out the windstorm effect from his most recent buff when uncloaking to give distance?

Comments

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,233
    edited April 2

Too overpowered.

He’d pretty much be Freddy with no nursery rhyme and nearly instant grabs/hits.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

Would be a good idea. Survivors already have moving grass/VERY LOUD footsteps to acknowledge, that he is near.

Now, they just SB out of his range anyway, when he tried to sneak on them, being actually invisible would give him 1, or 1,5s until they see him.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,138

If its to powerful to remove completely they still could make it distance based

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,280

True, that's why I said they remove the windstorm effect so that he still gets slowed down when uncloaking but doesn't get the speed burst to catch up like he does now. Maybe even reduce the movement speed boost when cloaked too?

I just feel like for a killer who's ability is invisibility he's pretty easy to see coming.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 2,561

I completely agree with you @Raptorrotas

I am a Wraith main (Kinda). I think it would be balanced if Wraith was completely invisible when X meters away from a survivor, to make his stealth more viable

• PunLPunL Member Posts: 136

I guess it would make him a pain in the arse to play against, i really hate Freddy for exactly that reason.

The survivors depend on their eyes and ears against the killers and beeing clocked takes away the ear effect tremendously.

I play Wraith sometimes too and he suffers more from "generel issues" like looping etc. as from him not beeing completly invisible.

• BossBoss Member Posts: 5,376

Idk, let's try it out! 🤗

• KurisataruKurisataru Member Posts: 433

Would still be too op imo. You won't be able to hide from him, especially if you're not in a swf who can be your lookouts. He will just have to stay x meters apart and follow you, and so long as he notices other survivors around he can just take a longer path to stalk you so that the others don't notice him too. I foresee DC issues left and right.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,413

Wouldn't be op cause there is still the bell before an uncloak and the visual reappearance effect. The only difference is not seeing his approach from a distance. That's all without detection perks we can run against him.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 7,755

Wouldn’t be OP in my mind. We still have premonition.

• KurisataruKurisataru Member Posts: 433

@DemonDaddy @TreemanXD Ah yeah forgot about spinechill, and premonition. I dunno about premonition, but spinechill can be easily countered.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 2,561

@Kurisataru

Wouldn't be OP because Wraith needs to be close to a survivor to use the power effectively. This wouldn't change anything except letting the Wraith to get closer without being seen from the other side of the map.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,065

Can agree with @DudeDelicious i can struggle on the dark mist to see him at times too...