Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Hi, I'm RSB, your brand new, friendly survivor main

RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

I've decided not to play 50/50, due to the obvious, recent bias towards survivors from the devs' side, so here I am - a mighty survivor main, with my MoM, DS, BT/DH, SC build.

Hope all killers enjoy it, because I will. And I'm not alone, tee hee.

Comments

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,398

Oh good lord the Killer Mains are gonna be in the basement having a sob...such a toxic surv you are to hurt their feelings! LOL i play both, but eh it's more 70% surv and 30% killer now though...

welcome to club salt! lol

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,878

A.I don't camp

B. I don't tunnel

C. I assume if you have dead hard if you are david or try not to lose my sight

D.I always run sloppy + Nurses

E.I play Hillbilly/Legion, Hillbilly's chainsaw does not give mettle charges, and I have no idea if frenzy does or not, never tested it

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,571

Please keep playing killer. We need killers. Think of my survivor queue times. 😭

@NoShinyPony

i play a very good hag.....

• nunadventuresnunadventures Member Posts: 198

MoM is useless- it’s a free aura reading perk for the killer and the perk only works if u get hit by a basic attack. Most killers can counter MoM with their ability. DS- what a joke, honestly if the killer doesn’t tunnel then it’s a useless perk and by the time you get downed it won’t be active anymore. BT: only works if killer is camping and wants to tunnel DH: it’s one of the worst exhaustion perks in my opinion. It can be easily wasted if the killer baits it

honestly, you’re saying that you have become what you hated when playing killer. Survivors have more “op” perks because they don’t have abilities and have to rely on their perks more than killers.

Since you edited your post, looping is easily countered by legion and hillbilly, and they can easily disable your second chance perks, due to me not tunneling, decisive will not be a problem, because Mettle of man only works on BASIC attacks all other attacks will not charge the perk, self care takes too long to heal with without botany, and you can bait deadhard really easily, Borrowed time only activates if I camp or tunnel

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,571

@Mushwin That's good! Don't you dare becoming a surv main! I'm counting on you!

@noshinypony too much pressure!!! LOL i am good with the Wraith, Myers and Spirit and i rarely run any hexes or noed and never had an issue with DS, even the old one *s

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,504

Ditch self care for adrenaline.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

Adrenaline would be good while playing in SWF, and I play only solo, can't rely on other survivors, sadly.

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Devs: *release a seldom good perk for survivors in a long time*

Killer mains: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tell me recent good perk for the killers, please, I think your response will be hilarious.

Peepee, wanna see?

edited April 2019

@RSB discordance helps with 2 man generators, none of plagues perks are that good, so I have to agree with this sadly

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,378

This is pure bait. Wish stuff like this got closed.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,960

Hi RSB

MoM

Pros:

• Can take a free hit
    • I guess kinda anti-tunneling perk?

Cons:

• 80% of the time you'll get hooked before you can use it
    • 3 hits required (see above)
    • Free aura-reading for the killer, which might also expose your teammates if you are going to hang around them
    • After you use your precious "crutch free hit", killer will tunnel the living hell out of you because he can see you pretty much everywhere (see above)
    • 1 time use (not saying this is a bad thing)

Damn BHVR, only releasing crutch perks!

Pop goes the weasel, Bamboozle, Rancor and Spirit Fury are all good perks. The Plague's / Legion's perks weren't as useful, but neither was Jane's or Jeff's.

Feel free to disagree with me as I know you 100% will and tell me all of those perks that I listed are trash.

That's like saying Windows of Opportunity are good, and then "C'mon, f8 me bro ;< I know u will do". Yeah, childish bait.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,960

Honestly?

Look at the last 4 chapters.

Clown Chapter:

Survivors:

Except for Dance with Me, which is nice (but nothing more) useless Perks.

Clown:

Bamboozle, which can help with Loops. Pop goes the Weasel is also used.

Spirit Chapter:

Maybe Deliverance, but only really useful when nobody is coming for the Unhook (or to get the 1500 points to Unhook yourself right before I arrive at your hook so that you cannot even get healed by me...)...Diversion is a funny perk, but good Killers will not fall for it. And Autodidact can even hurt your team.

Spirit:

Spirit Fury, which is Meta combined with Enduring. Haunted Ground to protect Hex Totems, also used quite often (but its RNG). Rancor not used that often, but a nice Perk, even better with Old DS to punish that DS User.

Legion Chapter:

Survivor-->Aftercare is used a little bit, but Bond is better. Breakdown is garbage. Distortion is quite ok, but only when really sneaky. Not needed anymore because of Lockers hiding Auras.

Legion-->Discordance is great. One of the best tools to find Survivors. Mad Grit is Trash, so is Iron Maiden (maybe useful on Huntress, but does not make it "not trash")

Plague Chapter:

Survivor-->Head On, which was DS 2.0 (hahaha). Is fun, but not reliable at all, also situational. Poised and Solidarity are garbage.

Killer-->Corrupt Intervention, blocks some Gens and helps Killers who need time for Setup, good Perk. Infectious Fright (or how it is called), even though apparently it got nerfed because Nurse Blink Hits dont trigger it (which is bad)...And the TR Perk is garbage.

So we have:

Bamboozle, Spirit Fury, Haunted Ground,Discordance, Corrupt Intervention (and maybe Rancor) on one side

On the other Side:

Deliverance, maybe Distortion and Dance with Me

Pretty clear, I would say.

Bamboozle last too little, and works only on one window - this way the perk is useless on longer loops.

Spirit Fury is okayish, only when using Enduring. Without it it is [BAD WORD], so it takes two perks.

Haunted Ground? Really? Nobody runs it, because 60 seconds is very little. During this time survivors just hide, and you are lucky when you get 1-2 hits with it.

Discordance? Good only on Billy, Nurse, and maybe Legion.

Corrupt Intervention is only good on the paper - people just hide, then, or look for the totems. It is just delaying start of game by the timer of the perk.

Rancor? Oh boy... Survivor get to see your aura 5 times, and after all the fens are done, you might get one kill, usually you won't, because the obsession will just hide.

Now good perks for the survivors, aside from the Ash's perks:

Head On is situational, I agree, but due to its very huge area you can stun the killer, that is taking his victim to the basement, denying him a hook. You can save your ass as well, if the killer searches for you.

Breakdown is very annoying to face, especially with Saboteur teams. Can't count times, when I faced 4 people running those perks - half the time I was too far to hook someone.

Solidarity with Autodidact works wonders - you get healed in no time, as well as the other survivor.

Deliverance, no need to tell why.

Dance With Me is really good compared with Lithe, or even without it. At the loops with high walls and window you can easily loose a killer.

So, these are recent 4 chapters. What about the others? Survivors have way stronger perks than killers, therefore they have stronger perk combos.

What killers have? BBQ with it's 423523 counters? Totem perks, which don't last 40 seconds?

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662

My friend, better replace self-care with adrenalin so you can genrush killers even faster. You need to learn some stuff, but you are on the good way to bully and frustrate killers

Head On is so situational that it makes it pretty much useless.

Breakdown might be annoying, but that's it, that doesn't make it good.

Solidarity would be nice if everyone and their mother didn't have self-care or weren't selfish.

Deliverance doesn't work like 80% of the time, if you don't get hooked atleast once in a game, the killer is just bad. It might not even save your ass anyway, seeing as every killer camps and tunnels. Same with after the exit gates are opened, the killer is just gonna camp you anyway.

Dance with me works effectively (the killer actually losing sight of you) only on a few vaults.

I will try it, if you say it is good, thanks ;> Maybe I will ask my friends to play SWF anyway, just to genrush even better.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 873

Woah dude dont go throwing our counters out there. People might think we're reactionarys or something.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

If nobody plays killer imagine the wait times!