Home Discussions General Discussions

old DS vs MoM

DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Am I the only one who thinks that MoM is even worse than old DS? I mean, as killer you could still work around a little bit against DS users. But MoM is insane. It's nearly guaranteed to activate unless you play certain killers with certain rare addons.

Maybe it's a little bit to early to make this statement. But I would probably trade that old DS comes back for deleting MoM.

Comments

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

What are you talking about? We've insisted a long time that old DS had 0 counterplay. Dribbling was not considered counterplay

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662

You could dribble or slug obsession -> automatic pressure

U can't slug or hook MoM cuz it prevents dying state in the first place when active

DS still could be missed, MoM activates always when the requirements met

Wiggle DS could be avoided sometimes when hooking fast.

MoM can be used by everyone without drawbacks

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Nope, I remember quite clearly we all insisted it was unstoppable. That's how we managed to get them to nerf it. I've been hit by 0 DS since then

I think you got me wrong. I'm not saying that old DS was good. It was broken af, everyone knows that. What I'm trying to say is that MoM is even more broken and that I would take the less broken (old DS) over the insane broken (MoM)

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,721

I’ve had it not activate on survivors more than it actually activates. I know because I am looking out for it on the end game results. I’d say about 3/10 activate and when they did they were always put down pretty damn fast. So no, it does not compare to the old DS, people keep crying about a perk that isn’t even that great and they’re driving themselves to believing it’s possibly stronger than old DS...

My friend, it's currently bugged and will get fixed soon. So it's going activate in the majority of the situation, much more than you could prevent a DS stun as killer

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,721

like I said, it hasn’t made a significant difference when it does activate. That being said, if someone does manage to do well against me with it, then bravo they did well enough to use the perk to its maximum potential. I wouldn’t even be mad at that point I would give props that they’re able to make the most out of it against a killer like me.

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 1,074

🤨🤨

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

It compares to old ds when facing off against m1 killers. Otherwise it's pretty meh imo.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

I don't think MoM is as bad as old DS but It doesn't mean anything.

Look at me I am a survivor and I got hit 3 times, now I get to be invincible no matter what. It is quite triggering.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 6,643

Old DS was WAY worse than MoM. Over a long course, MoM will not be that popular. It is good, but not as good to replace other Metaperks.

And yeah, you could work around DS, by a little bit. But dribbling was annoying, and slugging was some form of solution but still not ideal.

But lets not forget an even bigger thing - non-Obsession DS. There is no "playing around" at all in this case. You had no indication to know if that person had DS, so no need to slug them or dribble them. But it took way more momentum than the Obsession DS, because even though nobody would do a long chase vs a DS-User, winning a long chase and then realizing that this Survivor has DS but was not Obsession can hurt even more.

So yeah, I think that MoM is nowhere near the old DS.

• not_Queefnot_Queef Member Posts: 350

I just started mori-ing every Ash that I see. Highly recommended, it significantly reduces your chances of encountering this stupid perk.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,363

I personally think it's stronger than old DS on release as well. Totally busted.

• KagrenacKagrenac Member Posts: 773

I'll live without MoM. I used it a [BAD WORD] ton yesterday and it didn't activate that often due to every game being Legion, Cannibal, Nurse or Billy.

I still think the child like reaction from some of the killers on here is hilarious

"IM GONNA LEAVE THE GAME"

"TIME TO QUIT KILLER"

Nice to see the [BAD WORD] killers leave.

• projecteulogyprojecteulogy Member Posts: 671

MoM isn't that bad. Its situational at best. See Ash? Tunnel him down. Odds are, if you play killer you're going to tunnel anyway. People just don't want to adapt to new things. Tunneling isn't new and only has 1 solid counter to the same strategy most all killers use. Nurse with no perks counters MoM and DS both. I'm absolute trash as killer and don't have a problem when these perks get used on me.

Meanwhile, if I play survivor and DON'T run DS, i have to play extremely immersed or get hooked and tunneled. Its just how people play this game. You don't play that way? Good for you. the other 9,000 do.

My sole issue with playing killers is the survivors ability to loop for eternity. When that gets fixed, perks will no longer matter. MoM will be a meme and so will DS.

edited April 2019

Yeah guess why you versed these killer a lot yesterday? Pretty sure cuz of MoM is now in the game.

Furthermore, Nurse is just bugged. Bubba can't always use m2 (looking at you lerys map)

• KagrenacKagrenac Member Posts: 773

Well yeah I'm just saying I haven't been able to say much on how powerful it is because I haven't used it much yet.

Just give them more time to unlock that perk with BPs and later on with shards in the shrine cuz not everyone wants to pay money for perks. After that, I'm sure it's going to be a meta perk side by side with adrenalin, DH etc