Constructive Criticism of Legion changes
Since I'm getting criticised for only complaining, I'll phrase this as constructive criticism. Formatting is borrowed from @Kaalaxi
- The Legion’s base movement speed is increased to 4.6m/s
Buff counter to 1, this one should be a no-brainer as that has been requested the most ever since the 2.4.0 PTB.
- The Legion’s Terror Radius is increased to 32m.
I see why this would be changed, considering that most 4.6m/s Killers have the larger TR, but in case of Legion, there should be a Freddy exception, because his biggest weakness is Survivors splitting up before he reaches them. So in that regard, I consider this a nerf. IMO, this should stay at 24 metres.
- Most of The Legion’s Add-ons are rebalanced or reworked to account for the changes to Feral Frenzy and the Deep Wound status effect.
We have next to no details on these changes and they can go completely either way. I think leaving those out was a big mistake, because these can make or break Legion.
Considering this, the two scenarios are that Legion becomes Add-on dependent (good Add-ons) or is remains mediocre (bad Add-ons). So nerf counter up to 2.
- The Iridescent button Add-on no longer requires The Legion to apply Deep Wound for the effects to be active.
This may be a buff, and a good one, but it is to an Ultra Rare Add-on which are not sustainable for every-game use, so I'll leave the buff counter where it is at 1.
FERAL FRENZY UPDATE
- The recharge time of Feral Frenzy is increased and now requires a full power gauge to use it. Once it has been activated, the Legion must wait until the power gauge is full to be able to trigger the power again.
This change is too harsh with how Pallets stuns and missing a normal attack end Feral Frenzy or even reset the gauge, especially considering how the cool-down will take 20 seconds to fully recharge Frenzy.
- The duration of Feral Frenzy is increased. The Legion spends longer in frenzy.
- The movement speed of Feral Frenzy is significantly reduced. The Legion moves faster than base speed while in frenzy, but not as fast as they did before.
If you increase the time, yet significantly lower the speed, the end result will be close to the same or only moderately better depending on the ratios.
However, and here's the culprit, having Legion move significantly slower, means that Survivors have much more time to reach Jungle Gyms, Pallets and Vaults (or even Exit Gates), before Legion will close the distance between them.
With how abundant those are on the maps, it's quite fair to assume that more often than not, the Survivor will be in a safe spot, before Legion will have had a chance to apply Deep Wound. And the increased base speed of 4.6m/s, won't do him much good either with the Survivor in a safe spot as is evident with all other 4.6m/s M1 Killers. This will be especially true when you are supposed to catch up to other Survivors after a successful Frenzy hit.
So all in all, this will be a nerf, counter up to 3 (buffs still just at 1).
- The Legion can no longer see blood pools (in addition to not seeing scratch marks) while in Feral Frenzy.
No idea why that is here TBH. This change doesn't make sense.
- Feral Frenzy is immediately and automatically cancelled whenever The Legion misses an attack while in frenzy.
With how easy it is to miss a swing or get Legion to miss one, this change is overcompensating for the 1 buff he currently got, more movement speed. I understand that this is to prevent Frenzy-hit-spamming, but that should have been solved differently.
DEEP WOUND UPDATE
- The Deep Wound timer pauses for survivors within The Killer's Terror Radius–regardless of whether they are in a chase or not.
I understand the need for this change, but combined with the other changes to Deep Wound, this makes Deep Wound utterly harmless. I see no scenario in which a Deep Wound Survivor will go down by themselves anymore unless they really screw up (and I don't think it's possible to screw up that badly by accident).
- The Deep Wound timer pauses while Mending.
- The Killer does not see the Deep Wound timer progress–only the Deep Wound bar to know that Deep Wound has been applied.
I don't have much to say about this change.
- The Deep Wound timer progress is no longer reduced by regular Feral Frenzy attacks.
This especially makes me question why you don't just get rid of Deep Wound. As I said, with all these changes, Deep Wound is harmless to Survivors and having an Add-on (not sustainable for every-game use) reinstate the old functionality is not a good enough compensation for this nerf.
Overall, I think you've shown that you are terribly afraid of giving Killers anything that might moderately buff them lately, the Plague changes from the PTB are another example of having slight buffs be overcompensated with moderate to considerable nerfs and I don't understand that practice. You're only driving Killers away from playing those characters, because they are not worth the effort you have to put into them. You're also killing Killer diversity with it, because there's no reason not to play the top Killers at this point.
Overall, I'm bitterly disappointed.