Welcome to the Dead by Daylight forums! Please take a moment to read through the forum rules before posting: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

3rd party ping tools shouldn't be allowed...

deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 250

While the playerbase is rather large, over time its inevitable that you will run into the same players at one point or another, sometimes(depending on rank) 4-5 times in one day! However, some 3rd party ping tools will even tell you the IP address of the host you are currently connected to and "block" that IP meaning when they seek another match, they will NEVER connect to a blocked IP address.

Now this CAN BE a good thing but for every 10 people who use this to avoid bad pings, there are 100 people who use it to avoid that killer who owned everytime they played against them or some other dumb reason.

The devs need to implement something that detects these pieces of software when ran at the same time as their game and issue some kind of warning/punishment for those who use them.

Comments

• Nova_TerraNova_Terra Member Posts: 83

It really isn't that big of a deal. You're pulling numbers out of nowhere

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,803

The thing you mentioned shouldn’t be allowed I agree. But playing with friends would be pretty boring if I couldn’t talk to them.

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 773
    edited April 2019

Don't worry. As soon as the servers are implemented it won't be a thing anyway.

Leave it.

PS

If the in game ping indicator wasn't crap then I wouldnt use mlga for more accurate ping indicator.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,368
    edited April 2019

MLGA has always been allowed, and the devs are doing nothing about it

I've started to use it to block people I don't like against, bad teammates and Killers that I don't like going against

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 1,834

Dynamic IPs are a thing. And nearly everyone nowadays has one.