4 Legion Changes that would fix this whole thing
I'm a 2,000 hour console player, and I was thinking how Legion's changes could work and came up with 4 ideas:
- Terror radius: 24 normal, 32-40 in frenzy. Or something to that effect... Small normal big in frenzy. This helps to get some sneak attacks, but locate in frenzy and not tunnel. Also, gives fair warning if speedy is coming to you.
- Deep wounds: change nothing from what is proposed for the PTB, but understand it's primary function is to make feral hits not effect you once you have it. (See #3). So if u have the deep wounds status, feral hits do nothing to you and are safe in the terror radius from going down by it, but u must recover.
- If injured and not in deep wounds, a feral hit will down you. POSSIBLY completely deplete bar on a miss? Only give long distance frenzy after you'd hit someone first. (4-5 sec normal, 10-20 sec after a deep wound) So a downing hit is difficult with a hard time limit. Maybe downing someone ends the power?
- Keep everything else the same from the proposed changes. With #3, maybe even keep the 110 or a 112 movespeed? Then u have to use power to down and if u miss/whiff u are punished hard.
I think this will encourage:
- not tunneling since u lose downing power from feral frenzy, making feral frenzy hits skill based and powerful only after deep wounds are healed.
- Making legion a tactical, skill based killer... Not an M1. He can down with power, BUT only if survivors don't heal, AND he finds them again, AND he doesn't miss even once, AND they are recovered from deep wounds. Many conditions, counterable in several ways and can't be abused. Also high risk as one miss and u need a recharge, but high reward with a down.
- A downing feral hit will be difficult because of all the limitations and multiple counters, but a deep wound hit gives you the power to get distance and find people.
Thought I'd throw it out there. Literally everything encourages leaving someone alone after hitting them, and taking a skilled, high risk/ high reward later. But it can be countered in multiple ways. Any exhaustion perk could counter it at least once, healing counters it, well timed jukes counter it, the better skilled player on a loop would win.
A skilled legion with map awareness, dead hard memory, and timing can get u. A good survivor with pallet timing, well timed exhaustion perks and juking ability can get away from the first or second feral hit and goes into a regular chase.