Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

What if survivors decide to kill the killer?

GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,874

They have access to hatchets, tools from toolboxes and apparently they have a shiv or something (decisive strike). So what would happen if they killed the killer?

Comments

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,181

There's some game that i won't name that had this feature, it was so easy to do that it was one of the things that lead said game to it's death...

So yeah, i'm against it, and it's stupid (Also lore wise it doesn't make sense)

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,874

@Unnamed_Freak I can see that being true.

@plu that does seem very likely.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I think they'd become killers, themselves, right?

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Samination did try to address this in one of his animations...

Very good point @ReikoMori.

• Saint_UkraineSaint_Ukraine Member Posts: 939

I think the killers are immortal.

@Saint_Ukraine possibly true but, I think @ReikoMori might be right.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I have a short film in mind that would explore this concept a bit.

I hope I can get a decent enough camera and mic for my birthday

@LCGaster looking forward to it and I hope you get your camera. :)

@TreemanXD

I really hope to get it 😆

After winning second place I am so motivated to keep doing videos :)

@LCGaster keep it up! One day you could be a director! :)

@TreemanXD

It would be a dream to be honest. I just need to learn a few tricks :)

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

The survivors could also decide to leave the Entity's realm. It'd probably end up the same way.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,557

Lore:

The survivors are in a dream/nightmare like state which makes it impossible for them to act outside the game rules.

They are either compelled to not do it (dont have the impulse to try it) or simply cannot do it.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,246

Though, the lore also states that previous survivors not only acted outside the game's rule, but found ways to bend and break them. A survivor crafted both the black lock(hatch), The golden toolboxes which then stolen and copied into inferior toolboxes we use now, and the ability to interact with the bloodweb is due to Benedict surviving long enough to understand how to bend the entity's power in his favor.

What is more interesting is that the entity doesn't take a punitive action against them for doing such things it seems. Probably because it gives the survivors more hope which it feeds on.

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

The devs have stated before that the killers are indestructable and invincible, they can only feel pain and that's why they always grunt when they are hit by DS / Pallet or something.

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 1,114

The entity stops them

• aderpymuffinaderpymuffin Member Posts: 55

I feel like it all depends on intention. If a survivor goes insane and ends up acting out of insanity the entity would see if it could get it to kill. But not with immediately activating end game collapse or just downright killing everyone in the trial himself. But if someone like Ash was attempting to protect Dwight the entity would undoubtedly get pissed and kill everyone in the trial.

• TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,342

*CoD zombie round change plays*

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,904

I am guessing the entity would intervene I mean look what it can already do with spirit fury,EGC,window blockers I would say that's what stops the survivor's.

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 109

Judging by the gameplay and how the survivors act. The killers are immortal. Which if you think about it. That is a punishment unto itself. Eternity having to get pallet slapped. ;)

• EnderloganYTEnderloganYT Member Posts: 41

I don't think that they can die, but essentially they could be stopped, sorta.

in order for DS to work, the skin needs to be punctured, meaning their skin can be cut, so using the hatchets, they could technically cut off the legs and arms, making them unable to move, and start a new life there, so long as they don't start the end game collapse. then again, the entity might just yoink em anyway. maybe they could attack the entities claws? idk.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,580

They would just keep coming back with no problem and only the flimsiest of explanations, just like the slasher movies that DBD was borne from. 😀