Home PTB Feedback Archives Gameplay Feedback

Remember Me, a different approach for it.

PureHostilityPureHostility Member Posts: 425
edited April 2019 in Gameplay Feedback

So after watching recent Q&A stream, the reason for Remember Me being nerfed is a situation when a sole survivor is left alive and he is under the full debuff of said perk.

How instead of gutting the perk into the category of Monstrous Shrine, Remember Me now is affected by how many survivors are alive in the trail? This way, the perk could work something along these lines:

"Each hit on a survivor grants you one token, up to six tokens. Once all generators are completed or EGC is triggered, each remaining survivor increases the time to open gates by 2 seconds for each token".

**EDIT** If survivor dies after remember me is active (all gens completed or EGC triggered), they won't decrease the debuff **EDIT**

This way, if all 4 survs are alive, it will be increased by 36 seconds on 6 tokens (total of 56 seconds if default gates are at 20 sec).

If only one is alive, it will be increased only by 12 seconds. (total of 32 seconds if default gates are at 20 sec)

This way it is manageable, promotes use of Wake Up or Resilience and a wounded state to further boost it.

Current implementation of Remember Me on PTB is... extremely lack luster and almost completely useless for anything but for killers with high map pressure potential, meanwhile it was extremely potent for slower moving killers due to buying them precious time to finish a chase and initiate a new one on the person opening a gate.

Comments

• BayBountyBayBounty Member Posts: 29

This change makes so much sense it could still use some fine tuning but again another change where the goal is to work with the EGC not AGAINST it, I hope the community manager gets a good look at this idea, we need more like it because it is not right for perks to get so harshly gutted, just rework them not shut them down so hard.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,823

That's not a bad idea, actually.

• FeleasFeleas Member Posts: 85

This is something the Devs need to listen to! Holy hell you solved the problem.

• MistressCharaMistressChara Member Posts: 112

Fantastic idea.

• MongByeolBuddiesMongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 142

Great job! I think it would be a shame if the nerf to Remember Me went through as I like the perk the way it is now. This change fixes the potential nerf.

I'm having trouble understanding the math though in the situation where all four survivors are alive. You say that it'll be an additional 36 seconds when all four survivors are alive and the killer has six tokens.

However, I get 48 seconds.

4 survivors alive x 2 seconds per token x 6 tokens = 48 seconds, which would be too long. 36 seconds is a good maximum.

Are you getting 36 seconds because you're not counting the obsession as one of the remaining survivors?

Also, your wording says hits to a survivor, not to the obsession; Are you removing the obsession aspect?

If so, I don't think that's a good idea. I like the obsession aspect of the perk as it makes the killer have to work to get benefit out of the perk.

Based on your basic idea, would this wording make sense:

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Each time you hit your Obsession, you gain a token, up to 6 tokens.

Once all generators are completed or EGC is triggered, each remaining survivor who is not the Obsession increases the time to open the gates by 2 seconds for each token.

The Obsession is not affected by Remember Me.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209

Very good idea, surprise me that they didn't come up with that first and just gutted it.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,735

Just say "when the exit gates are powered".

• DarKnight_DoomDarKnight_Doom Member Posts: 54
    edited April 2019

In my opinion, Devs should rethink about the nerfed version.

A quick and simple solution to not hurt the perk and "final" survivors:

Remeber Me

"You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Each time you hit your Obsession, you increase the opening time of the Exit Gates by 5 seconds up to a maximum of 20 additional/25 additional/30 additional seconds.

The Obsession is not affected by Remember Me (Personal note: Should be removed to prevent tunneling).

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

IF THE KILLER CHOOSES TO CLOSE THE HATCH, ONLY HALF OF THE STACKS WILL BE USED (UP TO 10s/12.5s/15s)"

But I can't deny @PureHostility , your ideia is very interesting.

@not_Queen , @Peanits , Please! Give a look to that discussion and talk with the Design/Balance team, Remember Me needs some love.

• PureHostilityPureHostility Member Posts: 425

You are right about the math, as I changed values multiple times from 1 sec per token, 3 sec, 1,5 and decided on 2 instead, forgot to update the number.

You are also right about the time it would take on full stacks, lowering it to 5 tokens for IP to 40 sec and only 10 sec on a sole survivor could do a work I guess.