The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf

Nurse Guide for Console Players

popolespopoles Member Posts: 749
edited July 2018 in Gameplay Guides

Introduction

Welcome to my Nurse guide for console users. Here, you can find perks, that work on her. If you won't find a perk in the list, I consider it as a not viable perk for her or I forgot to add it (write your suggestions down for any perk you think is good on this killer) You can also find here some tips on how to play her on console.

Quick Facts about her

In the game, she is labelled as a hard killer to play. This comes from the fact, that she can teleport through almost all objects and her success heavily depends on mind games and a muscle memory.

Spencer's Last Breath

Her power allows her to blink through all objects (except for map borders). When you hold the Power Button (default key is RT for XBOX; L2 for PS4), her hand will raise with orange "spheres" floating above her palm. These spheres show how much Blinks you have left (eg. when there are 2 spheres, you can blink 2 times before becoming fatigued). The longer you hold the Power Button, the further you will teleport. When you release the Button, the Nurse will perform the Blink. After that, she can perform a Chain-Blink, which has only half of the Blink's distance. If the Nurse chooses not to use the Chain-Blink, she can attack, performing a Lethal Blink, or she will enter the fatigue.
Some stats:
Base charging time (eg. when you hold the Power Button for that time, you will get the maximum teleport distance) is 2 seconds.
The time it takes to cover the maximum distance is 1.5 seconds.
If we take the survivor's running speed as their maximum speed, then it is 100 % of their speed.
When we compare it to the Nurse's normal walking speed, her speed is 96.25 %. That means, she is slower than survivors.
However, when we compare her speed of the Blink, it is 333 %, making her the fastest killer in the game.

Teachables

Name Description Is it good?
Nurse's Calling The Auras of Survivors who are healing or being healed are revealed to you when they are within 20/24/28 metres of range. Yes.
The Nurse can be absolutely devastating with this perk, mainly against new players, that tend to heal in the killer's terror radius. You can blink on top of them in a matter of seconds and down them afterwards.
Stridor Breathing of Survivors in pain is 25/50/50 % louder. Regular Survivor breathing is now also 0/0/25 % louder. Not really.
You can already hear survivors pretty well, so it isn't a necessity. It can help you with orienting in the fatigue, but that's it.
Thanatophobia All Survivors receive penalties to repair, healing and sabotage speeds for each injured, dying or hooked Survivor.
1 injured, dying or hooked survivor decreases the speed by: 4/5/6 %.
2 injured, dying or hooked survivors decrease the speed by: 7/8/9 %.
3 injured, dying or hooked survivors decrease the speed by: 10/11/12 %
4 injured, dying or hooked survivors decrease the speed by 13/14/15 %.
No.
When at Tier III and when all survivors are injured, it slows down repair time of a generator by only 12 seconds.
Note: It also stops working when the injured survivor is sacrificed or killed.

Viable Perks

Note: If a perk is a teachable, it is written in an orange colour. After the perk's name, there is an original killer and a level it appears on the original killer's Bloodweb as an unlockable teachable to all other killers.

Name Description Why is it good?
Agitation
Trapper
lvl. 40
You get excited in anticipation of hooking your prey. Increases your speed while transporting bodies by 6/12/18 %. While transporting a body, your Terror Radius is increased by 6/8/12 metres. Good perk if you want to be sure you want to hook your catched prey. It also helps to prevent unexpected hook sabotages, as it enables you to get to further hooks (and outrun other survivors).
BBQ & Chilli
Leatherface
lvl. 35
A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are further than 52/46/40 metres from the Hook
• Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a 15/20/25 % stackable Bonus to all Bloodpoint gains.
Shows you the aura of survivors, so you know where is your next victim. The Bloodpoint bonus is a neat addition.
Note: Survivors can hide their aura behind a generator's aura, rendering them "invisible" to you.
Bloodwarden
The Nightmare
lvl. 40
Once per match, once at least one Exit Gate is opened, hooking a Survivor summons The Entity to block the exits for all Survivors for 30/40/60 seconds. While Blood Warden is active, Auras of Survivors located within the Exit Gates are revealed to you. It helps you to make the game longer by blocking the Exit Gates, while telling you the survivors' locations when they are near the Exit Gate.
Deerstalker Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Reveals dying Survivors' Auras when standing within 12/24/36 metres. You can find downed survivors way more easily.
Franklin's Demise
Leatherface
lvl. 40
Your vicious attacks make the Survivors drop their Item on impact. The lost Item is damaged in the fall, losing 0/5/10 % of its base amount of Charges. Survivors will try to search for their dropped items, so it gives you more time as well as it almost negates the Item's usage.
Hangman's Trick
The Pig
lvl. 30
Your ingenious modifications to Hooks prevent tampering and permanent damage. Hooks destroyed by sabotage or sacrifices repair automatically after 30/20/10 seconds.
Gain a notification when someone starts sabotaging the Hooks.
Beautiful counter against a hook sabotage.
Hex: Devour Hope
Hag
lvl. 40
When a Survivor is rescued from a hook at least 24 metres away, Devour Hope receives a Token.
2 Tokens: ―/―/ Gain a 5% speed burst for 10 seconds after hooking a Survivor. Speed burst triggers 10 seconds after hooking a Survivor.
3 Tokens: ―/ Attacks put Survivors into the dying state automatically./ Attacks put Survivors into the dying state automatically.
5 Tokens: Grants the ability to kill Survivors by your own hand./ Grants the ability to kill Survivors by your own hand./ Grants the ability to kill Survivors by your own hand.
If the Hex Totem isn't found, you can have a pretty interesting match!
Hex: No One Escapes Death Once the Exit Gates are powered, if there is a Dull Totem remaining on the map, this Hex is applied to it. While this Hex is active, ―/―/ Successful attacks trigger Dying State automatically, cool-downs on successful and missed attacks are decreased by 4/8/8 % and your movement speed is increased by 3/4/4 %. An endgame crutch, that can provide you some kills. Prepare for a handful of salt coming into your message box.
Hex: Ruin
Hag
lvl. 35
A Hex that affects the Survivors' skills at repairing Generators. 2/3/4 Survivors are affected by Ruin, which causes Good Skill Checks to result in 5 % regression on the Generator and Great Skill Checks grant 0 % in progression. Pray for it so it won't get destroyed early and you can expect a longer game.
Knock Out
Leatherface
lvl. 30
Dying Survivors' Auras are not revealed to other Survivors when they are standing outside of 32/24/16 metres of range. Down a survivor and let them lie on the ground. If it's not a SWF, other survivors will try to search for their dying comrade and it may take them a long time.
Make Your Choice
The Pig
lvl. 40
When a Survivor rescues another from a Hook at least 48/40/32 metres away from you, Make Your Choice triggers and applies the Exposed Status Effect on the rescuer for 60 seconds.
Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 60 seconds.
Hook a survivor, blink away, then blink back when the hooked survivor gets saved = profit.
Monitor and Abuse
The Doctor
lvl. 35
Meticulous in your approach, terrifying in your application. While in a chase, your Terror Radius is increased by 6/7/8 metres. Otherwise your Terror Radius is decreased by 6/7/8 metres and your field of view is slightly/moderately/considerably increased.
*Field of view gains do not stack. *
Thanks to the decreased terror radius, survivors won't expect you to arrive so quickly. The increased FOV is a nice bonus.
Remember Me
The Nightmare
lvl. 35
You become obsessed with one Survivor. Each time you hit your Obsession, you increase the opening time of the Exit Gates by 5 seconds up to a maximum of 20 additional/25 additional/30 additional seconds.
The Obsession is not affected by Remember Me.
Increases match's duration. You can bet that some survivors will be opening the Exit Gate, so you will find them quickly.
Pop Goes The Weasel
Clown
lvl. 40
After hooking a Survivor, the next Generator you break is instantly regressed by 15/20/25 % of its total progression. Normal Generator regression applies after the damage is done>
Pop Goes The Weasel is active for 30 seconds after the Survivor is hooked.
Regressed generator is a good generator!
Shadowborn
Wraith
lvl. 40
Your field of view is moderately/considerably/tremendously wider than normal. Thanks to the increased FOV, you can see survivors while in the fatigue. It also helps you with finding survivors.
Unrelenting You recuperate faster from any attack made with your main weapon. The cooldown of missed attacks is reduced by 20/25/30 %. Good only for new Nurses. When you miss a Lethal Blink Hit, it helps you to enter the fatigue faster.
Whispers Sporadically hear the Entity's Whisper when standing within a 48/40/32 metres of a Survivor. Prevents you from searching empty spaces.

Viable add-ons and combos

As a new Nurse, do not use her add-ons when you are trying to learn her! If you really want to use some add-ons, try the first combo or Plaid Flannel.

Add-ons The Outcome of This Combo Why Is It a Good Combo?
Metal Spoon + Pocket Watch • Moderately reduces the fatigue time of the Blink. You'll get just the reduced fatigue time, which is always handy.
Bad Man Keepsake + Anxious Gasp • Considerably increases the Blink movement speed. You will be way faster now, so the map pressure will be even higher.
Catatonic Boy's Treasure + Ataxic Respiration • Moderately + Considerably decreases the accuracy of the Blink
• Moderately + Considerably increases the maximum range of the Blink.
You can blink much further than ever before. But keep in mind, that you will have to adjust your charge time, because you will still charge for 2 seconds! And don't worry, the decreased accuracy isn't as noticeable as it seems.
Fragile Wheeze • Adds 1 Chain-Blink. You can blink once more, which is always nice.
Plaid Flannel • Allows you to see the landing area of the Blink. A good add-on for beginners. (Combine it with the Fragile Wheeze and you'll get a strong combo!)

Tips

• Set your killer sensitivity to 100, otherwise you will have a hard time doing 360s against skilled survivors.
• To blink up, look up while charging the blink. When you want to blink down, look down. (If there is space of course)
• If there is no space and you are looking at the ground, after releasing
the blink, you will stay in place.
• Every survivor is unique. Watch their reactions in situations (eg. Will he throw down the pallet, or will he keep going?) and adapt.
• Don't be scared to blink. Following them to gain Bloodlust is detrimental to you, because you waste time and you are slower than survivors!
• The Nurse can be pallet stunned when she comes out from her blink, negating her attack ability.
Otherwise, practice, practice, practice!

Thank you for going through this guide!
See you in the Fog!

Post edited by popoles on
Tagged:

Comments

• popolespopoles Member Posts: 749
    edited June 2018

Well, I noticed the mobile version is all messed up. 2 hours of work...

Post edited by popoles on

Added some new informations about her power.

• marshmallowkingmarshmallowking Member Posts: 13
    popoles said:

When I turn my phone sideways (landscape) it corrects the scaling and everything is fine :)
    popoles said:

When I turn my phone sideways (landscape) it corrects the scaling and everything is fine :)
    Oh thank God. Thank you :smile:
  • TheTimeMachineTheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    edited July 2018
    I like this guide. I played The Nurse because she’s under used (on console), and it is a learning curve. 
  • Undead2314Undead2314 Member Posts: 6

Because im suicidal apparently Nurse was the first killer I played with literally no experience in the game, I got a 4 man my first match though so that was cool, only reason I did any good though is because the blink was pretty similar to the dishonored blink

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member Posts: 761

This guide is amazing thank you!