Home PTB Feedback Archives Gameplay Feedback
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Anyway proper way to counter hatch closing for survivor against a killer with mobility?

KnayterKnayter Member Posts: 117

Like esspecially with the sometime very stupid map generator decided to put 2 exit gate right next to each other, how can the last survivor really escape, unless survivor manage to find the hatch first ? I like how both survivor and killer have to race to find the hatch first, but then most of time a survivor will be in a bad situation that they have to end up finding the hatch (unless it's 3 other peoples leave) and a survivor wouldnt be able to escape? I played legion yet still manage to camp the exit gate, the survivor litterally hopeless, cant do anything.

Comments

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,478

The devs did state in the last Q&A that there are issues with the doors spawning both too close and too far from each other so at the moment its a luck game of does the killer get an advantage with close doors or does the survivor get an advantage with far doors

For now it's just something both sides have to deal with

• It is to know where the Hatch is before your friend dies..

You have more time to search, the Killer does not.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,308

That's not true. What they said is that the doors are randomly generated in locations within a specific set of rules coded for the game and that they don't manually place them. They also said that they feel the door situation in EGC is fine, but if they were to see issues with people not being able to effectively get either door open they would look into it.

• KnayterKnayter Member Posts: 117

so what if the hatch didnt spawn yet? Both sides dont have time to find the hatch, most of the cases they wil just find it by accident, and I doubt that both sides would want to waste their time doing it anyway

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,091

Lets see, counters to hatch closing....

Git gud in doing objectives. The more generators you do before you're inevitably the last survivor, the more time you have to look for the hatch while your pototatoes die left and right. (The hatch still spawns earlier for each generator completed)

This works especially well against real campers, against survivor-perceived "campers" maybe not so much.

Also... The EGC after the hatch closing is already your third trial-given chance at escaping. If younfailed to escape normally or by the hatch, you deserve the stress of rhat situation.

• YuhgYuhg Member Posts: 40

ehmmm, i don't know if you noticed but once the killer closes the hatch, EGC begins, all gens are locked and the exit gates are powered :/

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

All it does is correct a game flaw in which a survivor would generally be allowed a free escape.

You're telling me you're entitled an escape if everyone else's dead and there are 3 gens left. Consider yourself lucky if you get that escape, because it's more likely the killer deserves a 4k in that scenario than you deserve to escape.

Run keys. That is the item based hard counter. Run maps to see where the hatch has spawned which is the soft counter. Other than that it is up to your map awareness, timing, and luck.

At least until the devs get scared that their precious survivors don't have enough of a chance to use hatch and get rid of closing the hatch again or build in some sort of mechanic that allows survivors to passively find the hatch.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,487

If you know its gonna be down to the hatch, let them search for it and go for the gate. Its 50-50 after closing hatch they pick the wrong gate.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Beg and cry for more extra chances, the devs will give them to you~

Bring a map. Get their first as you will know where the hatch is when it spawns. Killers still have no idea where the hatch spawns it is just that the killers have to travel the entire map so eventually we will see it. Survivors can bring keys and maps to help the find the hatch.

• ZamRose92ZamRose92 Member Posts: 11

I find it hilarious that I see killers crying that the dev's give the survivors everything they want. Cause I've been playing awhile now and here lately all I see is killers getting what they want because they couldnt get all 4k because of the hatch. Soooooooo the dev's created the EGC because the killers kept crying. Lol but of course there are going to be people that are going to claim it was created for a cap on the game length. The killers didnt like the stand offs? Maybe if your wanting that 4k you should have to work for it, if not give up maybe?

• haagendazhaagendaz Member Posts: 4

Right!? I feel like bad killers complain a lot, usually good killers don't have much trouble getting at least a 3k and they usually aren't toxic at end game. But bad killers get mad if you just play the game then call you stuff at the end. Went from ruin change - self care nerd - blanced landing nerf - to giving them the ability to down with tier 1 NOED - less pallets- opening the map more so there's more dead zones. Even with all these changes they still complain. I just got harassed because the killer didn't catch me all game lmao. Then the report system does nothing.