Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

2mins is too long for killers

deathsiadeathsia Member Posts: 245

Having played several matches as a killer in the PTB so far, one thing has become clear:

2mins is STILL too long. Surviors were still able to screw around with me not leaving, trollbaiting me, and farming chase points until the 30 second marker at which point they all beelined for the exits.

If this end game collapse is meant to speed up the end game or make it more intense, there needs be more urgency for the survivors to GTFO.

Maybe not reducing the timer even more but maybe for every 30 seconds they remain they get inflicted with a debuff.

Though this is a mere suggestion but once end game collapse begins the following are afflicted onto the surviors every 30 seconds:

1:30: An mangled perm debuff is placed on all survivors.

1:00: Exposed status on all survivors.

0:30: A perm 5% movement speed debuff is placed on all survivors.

This would apply dynamically through hooks as well so lets say someone was hooked, the next debuff would still apply in the next 30 seconds regardless of time remaining.

This way with each 30 seconds that pass, the survivors are pressured and thus more inclined to escape rather than stick around and troll the killer. This also adds a increased risk for the survivors if they are trying to save a teammate rather than troll the killer so maybe up the rewards in exchange for the added risk.

Comments

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 499

yes, better 30 sec. when gens are done.

• Cpt_VunderbarCpt_Vunderbar Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 50

I think the timer could be reduced to about 1 minute. That's more than enough time to escape, while also pressuring Survivors to GTFO.

I think no matter what, the slowdown on the timer has got to go. All it does is provide Survivors more free time to screw around and punishes Killers for actively doing their job, which is utterly ridiculous. Hooking and downing Survivors should be encouraged, but with the slowdown in place, Killers have no reason to do either because it just extends the timer heavily in the Survivors' favor.

EGC is not working as intended. It's still allowing for far too much time on the Survivor side, and needs to be looked at again.

Key things that need changes:

- Remove timer slowdown entirely.

- Decrease timer from 2 minutes to 1 minute.

- Timer starts upon gates being powered instead of opened.

- Decrease time to open gates from 20 seconds to 15 seconds to compensate for the changes above.

Ok, and ? It's not a bad thing for the super stale Killer and Survivor metas to finally shift and change for once you know. Besides, we're not discussing perks. We're discussing the end game collapse here. Stay on topic. Bloodwarden could easily be adjusted if it ends up being too strong because of the changes. It's a non-issue for the time being, so this point you're making isn't really valid.

If you read my post, you'd know that I did address it. Reverting back from 20 seconds to 15 seconds for gate opening time. Survivors shouldn't be screwing around during the end game to begin with. If they're not opening gates, they deserve to die, end of discussion. Also, killers cannot ever be at both exits at the same time. It's a 50/50 split if they'll get a chance to kill a survivor depending on if they find the correct gate. You literally cannot camp both gates. Survivors will escape one way or another. Your argument is invalid.

I'm a killer main, and I do play Survivor too. Accusing me of bias for wanting the game to be more fair and less Survivor-sided makes your comments invalid. If you're not going to add anything to the discussion, then don't bother saying anything at all.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,698

@Cpt_Vunderbar Killers don't get to have metas. Every time there is one, the perks get gutted, with Unrelenting+Save The Best For Last being the most egregious example. Only survivors get to have their stale meta of every safety net perk ever, with more and better safety net perks being created all the time.

• EryteisEryteis Member Posts: 39

Remove timer slowdown entirely.

Remove timer visibility for survivors ;] Sound only. And hf with panic mode ;)

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 344

I agree that hiding the timer for Survivors and only leaving the sound is a good idea.

But I think reducing the timer to 1min is too much. Even if you set the gate opening time to 15s. It would especially be a problem when you are facing a high mobility killer like Nurse or Hillbilly and/or the gates spawned too close to each other.

I would set the timer at 90s, leave the slow down, gates at 15s and start EGC when all gens are done.

Concerning Bloodwarden: If you leave the slow down, there should be still enough time to get the person off the hook and out. Because the longer the person on the hook, the longer you have time.

It would be difficult, but not impossible.

The other changes ( automatic noed etc) are a bit too much imo

• RaizinzRaizinz Member Posts: 43

Slowdown needs to go; EGC is an event triggered to make the game end, measures being put in place to prolong ending the game is counter-intuitive to its design. The "Oh shi-" factor behind EGC isn't really there because so long as one person is dangling on a hook or slugged on the ground, you get more time, and reduces the sense of urgency to gtfo. It should force survivors to make decisions, is it really worth possibly getting hooked or end-gamed to go back and get that guy off the hook? Think you can pull it off? What about everyone else, are they on board? All of these are fight or flight responses, which is great, that's the point of EGC is to put pressure on survivors to either save their own skin or pull off some high-risk plays. Any mechanic that involves prolonging a time limit defeats the purpose of a time limit. Keep it simple: You have 2 minutes, that's it, no extensions, figure it or die

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,271

@Eryteis that's a brilliant idea! So much more suspense that way.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,698

2 minutes is ideal. Not too short, not too long. EGC isn't there to kill survivors, it's there to push them out.

Too bad it fails at both. Yet again, survivors receive handouts because they're not smart enough to leave the game. The Timer should have been reduced to 1:30, slowdown should have been removed, and putting survivors on hooks or in the dying state should speed up the timer.

If the EGC was supposed to push survivors out, then this would have been the way to force it. As it stands, 2 minutes plus slowdown just gives them an excuse to screw around for 2-4 extra minutes and punishes killers for downing and hooking them. It's survivor-sided just like almost everything else...

Really would have liked for the devs to leave this in testing for alot longer, and try different timer lengths, etc... Survivors win again. Typical.

• fala5takfala5tak Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

I agree with you, end game should be more intense and they should make it a 1:30 min timer instead 100% I have 4000 hours so I know what am talking about.

• MazemelMazemel Member Posts: 4

I see many people explaining how upsetting it is to them that survivors are remaining in the game when someone is hooked or downed and dragging out the game. I believe that a lot of people assume that just because someone is playing survivor, they have toxic intentions to "bully" the killer or BM in general. When I play matches as survivor, my only intention is to save a teammate who was helpful in the game. Whether I have to risk my own life to do it is my choice. I could leave the game, but I'm willing to try to go for the save. Right now, I feel like a lot of newer killers are using EGC as a hand-holding mechanic rather than a mechanic to push survivors out. I see a lot of people proxy camping survivors on the hook trying to secure that kill during EGC. I think that the current timer for EGC is well balanced as people still have to risk going for the save if someone is downed or hooked. This integrates well with the game's whole "risky altruism" ideal.

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

So you want a free win is what your saying. Killer wanting an easy-ride, nothing new there.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 1,135

Gonna have to agree with Orion here, the 2 minute timer is fine. Claiming survivors are spending 4 minutes "screwing around" and not trying to get their buddy out is kinda ridiculous. As someone who plays killer 90% of the time, I see no problem with the timer as it is.

• Zuninja754Zuninja754 Member Posts: 1

i dont have any perks or killer music when being chased

• ZamRose92ZamRose92 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 10

You know i think my only problem is with the exit gates spawn every time I've died by the EGC it's because I'm the last one the killer shuts the hatch and can either clear the gates in 4 to 6 sec or they can stand in one spot and watch both gates so it screws you. Maybe reconfigure to make the gates at complete opposite ends for every map which still gives the killer their easy kills if it's a small map.