The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

What keeps you playing this game?

The question is the title. For me, it's just that i get hyped up for new updates. I also have a lot of fun when games go normally. Ex: no dc or trolls. Usually if i have a bad day and games do not go my way, i will stop playing for a while. But not forever... this game is simply addicting.

Comments

• MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 915
    edited April 2019

To be honest there's no other game like this that is what has kept me hooked this long.

• GenSim12345GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

Besides the fact that this game has core gameplay that is addicting in of itself despite its terrible balance?

I made the mistake of buying DLC. And now it would feel pretty hard for me to leave without making me feel like i wasted my time/money.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,643

Spirit.

Her bugs almost drove me away, until I found out it's just bugs.

Hag too.

And Kate. Kate definitely keeps me 'interested' in DBD.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,754

I honestly don’t know what keeps me playing but, I love the game and don’t think I’ll be quitting for awhile.

• legion_mainlegion_main Member Posts: 483

Looping

I like to run in circles and make the killer mad

• Free_HugsFree_Hugs Member Posts: 296

Nothing. I haven't played more than a game or two for a couple months.

Hoping that changes, but PTB isn't looking bright.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Salt.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,668

Legion.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,658

Getting kills with Devour Hope.

• ChiChi Member Posts: 771

Outplaying my opponent really.

Looping, mind games, I am here for it all.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 212

Addicting gameplay.

Not knowing what the next round holds.

Practicing to improve at the opposite job.

A feeling of progression when a trophy pops that u forgot existed.

The ever so satisfying 4k.

The indecisiveness the bp grid can provide when u need a lot.

Finding the hatch before it opens.

Fun game i just can't play it more than 2-3x a week cause it makes me crazy.

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 299

Game is not perfect but who cares? It's a lot of fun and in my opinion that is all that matters :D the only thing that annoys me is when people go overboard and cry about losing lol

• OblitiryOblitiry Member Posts: 487

I like butts. Plus the world BHVR has created is pretty cool to me. the killers are my favorite aspect of it.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 1,781

Its a nice game to live out my sado-maso fantasies.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 1,916

Honestly? Because right now I am a bit burned-out on Overwatch and Paladins, and shooters in general. When I'm not, DbD is very much just an occasional side game.

• lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,136

I enjoy it. Its a simple concept, fun to play, and a decent way to release some aggressions (in a non toxic, completely fun for all players involved way)

• ChickenChicken Member Posts: 106

Faith

• JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

This is the only game I have played for over 4,000 hours and that I do still somewhat enjoy. Despite the bugs and frustrating moments I'll always return. Why? No idea. I think I just like survival more than I thought I did.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209

Legion's gameplay as in " I run around the map like a maniac to stab people because it's more fun than actually getting kills"

Also Susie because she's the cutest thing after Amanda's stun sounds.