Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thoughts on Iron Will?

Alright y'all. I want to know your opinions about this perk. Do you think it's worth running or not? Tell me everything you can. You can vent here about this perk, do what you want. I just want to know people's thoughts on this.

Comments

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

The only reason i still run stridor on my nurse (also because it is an underrated perk)

survivors should use it more, it is makes it WAY harder to find them, i cant tell you how many survivors i have gone against could have saved their asses by running this perk

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Its an extremely good perk.

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 502

Very underused and much better than Self-Care.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

While it isn't in my typical current builds, Iron Will can be very useful for stealth or when playing a loud character. Sometimes you can't get off a heal (nurses calling or just didn't bring in a perk for it) and having something to quiet you is very nice. It can also help with jukes.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

It is good.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

Did they changed it or it's me? I can hear my grunts while I am injured a little bit and that never happened before.

Can the killer hear me too?

• SinfulHarlotSinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154

It's a must have, in least I'm running my OoO build.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

They changed it a while ago. Lower tiers used to require you to stand still to trigger Iron Will. They removed the "standing still" condition and made it "grunts reduced by x%", and the percentage changes depending on the tier. Unless you have Iron Will 3 and still hear grunts, in which case the Killer has Stridor.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Best perk in the whole of DBD.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 4,250

i do love this perk, it's especially good or the more louder survivors lol means when i am healing, hiding etc i don't make any sound, always good to have it on level 3...but i guess depends what works....it is good for hiding, sneaking about, is why i like urban invasion too

• bendermacbendermac Member Posts: 772

very good perk. but informed that blood hound hard counters it

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I wish I could have Iron Will with my characters, but I am too lazy to grind blood points onto Jake. It would be even more OP if Calm Spirit and Iron Will was one single perk...

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

Iron Will is top tier perk. There is a reason it's top 5 at red ranks according to the dev's data blog post. It makes it a lot easier to juke at jungle gyms and such and let's you hide from the killer while injured. It can make a huge difference in corn too. The only reason I stopped using it was because I swapped to Calm Spirit after just getting completely fed up with Doctors. If you use IW you can usually forgo Self Care and just play injured instead.

Same here but for Spirit. People have told me only baby Spirit use Stridor, but then when you get a survivor with IW they become REALLY hard to track/find in phase walk. Stridor hard counters IW (basically turns IW3 into IW1) and it makes it impossible to hide from phase walk.

I've also used Stridor on Nurse and Huntress, as I find it helps with corn blindness in particular. As Huntress it's fun to snipe survivors at a distance through corn by tracking them with sound. Probably very scary for them because they don't see me or hear a heartbeat either.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,703

As far i know IRON WILL still trumps stridor, though it shouldve been reversed a long time ago.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

It doesnt. Stridor increases breathing/grunting and Iron Will reduces it.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Single handedly has allowed me to slip out of loops without the killer noticing. Makes spirit players struggle espicially.

I often find audio more reliable then my own sight in dbd when hunting which means denial of pained moans massively hurts killers.

It also allows you play more dangerously putting off healing espicially when paired with dead hard. Cats out of the bag i suppose i d argue this perk is even better then adrenaline considering how often it will allow you to slip away. Which you can use to get distance or lose the killer depends on your intent.