Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Pre-Match Entertainment

I was sitting there in the lobby today when a crazy thought popped into my head, imagine how cool it'd be if the Survivors could freely walk around the lobby.

It would dull the boredom while waiting for others to join and the last item on the list could really add some dynamic to the game:

• They could click flashlights (because that's what Survivors do in their spare time)
  • Do butt-dancing / non butt-dancing conga lines round the camp fire (because that's also what Survivors do in their spare time)
  • Run circles round the camp fire
  • Run in and out the left and right hand sides of the screen, Scooby-Doo door chase style
  • Move down and to the bottom of the screen and peer over at the Killer.
  • Drop items so that other lobby members can pick them up (sharing is caring) - I'm sure Killers would have something to say about that but it'd be a pretty cool feature.

Comments

• NoFaceNoFace Member Posts: 108

I've actually thought about this before and I also think it would be fun. It would help take away the boredom of sitting around.

They probably wouldn't though because of all the stuff they have to do to make it happen, plus making a new killer and fixing bugs. Would be fun though.

• dfrenchieedfrenchiee Member Posts: 316

I believe there was a plan for survivors to be able to interact with the area they are in while waiting in the early development of the game. Can’t remember why they decided against it though.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,180

It would be cool if there was some sort of silly mini-game everyone could play in the lobby. IDK what it would be, maybe something along the lines of a card game. Something chill and non-competitive just to kill time.

However improving the matchmaking would make this feature obsolete. I would rather than honestly.

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 471

Yes please! +1

• OrtiOrti Member Posts: 198

Love the idea and if they ever at a point who they can afford to put worjk forces in something like this they should do for sure. Only the last point about dropping items shouldn+t be done. To easy to give each other items without risking to lose them aka swf advantage

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,352

Conga line butt dancing my guy

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,754

Great idea. You could all run around in an area like the tutorial map, practice your loops, practice aiming your flashlight etc. Nea could even chase you around with a stick for a little bit.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,489

Didn't they scrap an interactive lobby when still making the game?

It also won't do anything balance-wise or to affect the actual gameplay.

This'd be incredibly low on the priority list.

Also, can't you get the Killer to move as well?

They're the longest in the lobby after all...

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Windows 10 is very solid though, nothing like those days with XP and before. Alttabbing is very smooth. So what's holding you from just watching a few minutes of your favourite sitcom while you're waiting?