Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

About The Legion's newest pins...

I'm...Kind of confused about their current play style...

For those who don't understand, especially with such a vague title, Legion's pins were changed in this newest update and I never really got to try them out during the PTB. How they work is that you have to apply Deep Wound and then get in another hit while in Frenzy to apply the status affect connected to the pin you chose. The question is...Why? The requirements kind of defeat what they were wanting out of Legion, but at the same time, their affects and time value aren't useful at all.

Blindness isn't useful against SWF, not to mention you could bring The Third Seal and get a bigger benefit out of it compared to the pin, the mangled one isn't exactly as useful as Sloppy (since it's only 60 seconds compared to Sloppy being base until they heal), and being Broken while already getting injured doesn't do anything for Legion besides letting a survivor get an extra hit to have a status affect that doesn't hurt them in any shape or form if it's just for 60 seconds, in which at least 20-30 will be wasted in trying to catch up if you don't manage to lose them with the 4 second cooldown blinding most of your screen. :(

And while Vigil isn't something Survivors use commonly, this perk would easily destroy these add-ons when given the chance. Any chance that the pins might be looked into? They're great in theory! But in execution, they just don't compete with Cooldown add-ons...Maybe increase their time values to 120-180 or give them a new purpose..? 🤔

Comments

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 502

Perhaps clean up the wording so it’s clear and maybe buff the times on them.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

They should just work when you apply deep wound to the survivors, hitting them again with feral frenzy is completely waste of time.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

sounds like a bug maybe. otherwise they really just dont want legion to be played anymore lol

• IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,458

Yeah, I wish they would increase the time as well. And I’m not going to hit a survivor twice. That would be a waste of time, especially if I miss my second hit.

Also, I could careless about broken status. Survivors not healing means working on a gen.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,111

So you think you should be able to apply broken status with just one feral frenzy attack? The first hit is pretty much guaranteed and then the location of all others in your TR are revealed. You'd easily be able to put multiple survivors into broken status within seconds.

The tactic I use is to get the first hit on as many of the survivors as possible and then when I don't see anymore around put the broken status on the last one. It's worked pretty well for me so far. It must not be very fun for the survivors because I got several DCs already.

If Legion could see your location, zoom up to you and inflict broken on you in one hit most survivors would spend the entire game mending, injured, broken and healing. Add in Sloppy Butcher and it would be a nightmare. This way you can inflict broken, but it is balanced with a stun and you can't chain attack anymore survivors after.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,111

Also nobody uses Vigil, to bring it so you could maybe shave 12 seconds off of a 60 second broken status is silly and definitely wouldn't "destroy" the add ons.

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,949

@brokedownpalace The problem I'm trying to say though is that being broken, blind, or even mangled are just gimmicks as of right now. It's cool to see you found ways to make it work, it's always nice seeing people working with what they got! But I don't think the time values or even the add-ons themselves can compete with their perk counterparts and time values. Being broken does nothing but prevent you from healing, which isn't needed if you're just chasing the broken player. It's a waste of an add-on slot that could've been used for cooldowns.

While applying the affect on the first hit would be nice, yes, it kind of would allow Legion to be more agile in crowd control if thats what the devs wanted, as during the stream they did state that you probably shouldn't hit someone twice as you're giving that survivor a boost, practically, in which this is why this post was made to question why there would be add-ons that end up hurting Legion more than actually being beneficial.

I do like the feedback though, just giving ideas or information on what players want and don't want in posts is nice and I thank you for taking the time to do so. :)