For its year 3 anniversary, Dead by Daylight will be hosting its biggest livestream on May 31st at 3PM EST
Major reveals, drama, laughs, cries, surprises. It’s a date!

Endgame Punishes Survivors for Protecting Teammates

2»

Comments

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 738

@Mister_xD

Blood warden was changed so upon opening the door and triggering the collapse it activates so survivors couldn't be blocked from leaving in the middle of EGC an understandable mistake considering this change was recent. The idea i had in mind was the killer was on someone and you saw the survivor coming and open the door so they could get out only to find both of you staring at the blocked gate.

Second point was addressing other people my apologies if you thought I was picking on you.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,188

Solo survivor and I love egc. Adds some much needed tension & pressure to what was previously a very boring endgame. I have died during it but also managed to escape even as last survivor without the hatch.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 474

I think the EGC would be more suited to when both exit gates have been opened. That's really when the end game loses its balance (thus an EGC would be good here). It also serves to not punish altruism carrying over from pre-end game situations while still keeping the tension and pressure on a team that is overly altruistic or confident.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 474

It's not so much of a problem, but I think it's a bit cheap. I use Bloodwarden after purposefully playing badly all game to slug survivors once the EGC has started until just under the 1 minute mark and letting the survivors save the survivor I had hooked after slugging. Everyone is essentially dead from that point onward. I just stand around and hit them to get points while nodding and looking fearsome.