For its year 3 anniversary, Dead by Daylight will be hosting its biggest livestream on May 31st at 3PM EST
Major reveals, drama, laughs, cries, surprises. It’s a date!

Do you gg if you die?

CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 230
edited May 12 in Survivors

I am finding that survivors only give out a gg when you give them hatch or they escape.

I don't get a gg if i win as killer, even though i always give a gg win or lose on either side.

What every happened to good sportsmanship? Are survivors really that salty when they die?

Are you one of these players?

Comments

• TheGameZpro3TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 205

As someone who is on console, I make sure I tell them GG in private chat. (Unless they camp or tunnel, then I put out one of these bad bois 🤮)

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 322

I always say gg, and I am a weirdo and generally stay behind and spectate the games if I die early. I only say no gg if the killer camped and had an annoying logic at the end, or a survivor ruined my game experience for me. Sometimes, I will say "gg to survivors except___" so I can at least appreciate the killer (If you camping or jerk) or my other good survivors.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,092
    edited May 12

If I'm camped, tunneled or BMed in anyway, I sometimes won't give GG. I'm also that person who'll die first and spectate to see how the match plays out and to say gg, though.

EDIT: It's all luck whether you get poor sports or not. Some games I'll get people staying behind to berate me and some games I get compliments or thanks. Really depends.

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 322

I give a gg if I live or die unless the Killer or my teammates were being dicks.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 1,737

gg is very rarely used to indicate that you enjoyed a well-played, fair game. Most people use it when they demolished the other side, so I don't bother at all with it.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 831

Usually always, except when I am pissed (either by the Killer or other Survivors), then I will just leave. Otherwise I stay in nearly all games until the end to say "gg".

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

gg instead of qq causes physical pain and suffering to trolls. The most delicious type of pain.

• ChiChi Member Posts: 703

Depends on how the killer played.

If they tunnelled and camped everyone, then either they get nothing or a toxic comment.

If not, and I die I give a gg wp.

• nooxetnooxet Member Posts: 66

I noticed lower ranks usually type gg, but when I play higher rank with killer it's usually nothing or survivors complaining about something, or just being plain toxic.

• TessaTheDeathTessaTheDeath Member Posts: 48

I always gg. The only exception is when I was camped.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 205

If I felt like it was an earned kill (ie, i wasn't farmed or tunneled off the hook) I'll always gg if I'm still around.

That said, most killers won't say gg unless they get a 4k, even though most of the time in my games the survivors on my team aren't toxic.

I'll almost always gg as killer, even when the survivors are toxic so that I don't get a rise out of those assholes.

• SpicybarbecueSpicybarbecue Member Posts: 82
    edited May 12

I never gg, gg is used as a bm in most cases. ppl generally only say it when they win in order to rub it in the face of the losing player/players.

• holywhitetrashholywhitetrash Member Posts: 207

it depends how i feel at the end but i usually gg

although if i die and the game doesn't seem close to done then i just leave

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 255

Lol console here but I will gg all who weren't toxic and if they have their message settings open

• basicpitchbasicpitch Member Posts: 94

I always gg. Regardless if i'm playing killer or survivor and how the game went.

Some of my favorite killer/survivor replies.

"was it? was it really?"

'ezmode"

"u sucked"

"get bent" <-- a classic imho

"U people sucked, that was too easy"

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 10,444

I always say GG except when I judge it'll be perceived as trolling.

• drunky26drunky26 Member Posts: 441

Only time I won't say gg is when the killer was camping and tunneling the whole game or simply being toxic.

After all, gg stands for "good game"

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,051

I do it almost all the time but mostly because it's just a polite thing to do.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 584

Maybe I'm just lucky but I had many survivors message me gg recently even though I 4k most of the time. Perhaps it's because I meme a lot and give survivors a chance if I notice they're not doing too hot.

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 155

I gg win or lose.

• ShivadeathkissShivadeathkiss Member Posts: 5

I gg win or lose. And I compliment the killer or survivors if the match has some awesome hits or escapes. Especially if a killer moves me to a non grassy area before they mori me, so I can see it clearly. I gg because its a fun game when people aren't mucking it up.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,188

Why wouldn't you? Especially if they gave you the courtesy of more than 1 hook.

• BillyIIIBillyIII Member Posts: 324

Me dying usually means that the killer was a camping and tunneling slimebag. Probably used bamboozle, enduring and other cheats too. So no, I don't give "gg" to cheaters.