We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Killers tunnel no matter what?

2»

Comments

• Steve0333Steve0333 Member Posts: 286

If they aren't camping then tunneling isn't going to be a problem. If you keep getting found and downed by a killer who isn't camping then the survivor obviously isn't playing well because how would they keep getting found? That just means the survivor has garbage stealth skills.

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 244

Also PS4, at Rank 5 atm and 100% tunnel. They tunnel so hard they ignore everyone just to get you. And DS, BT, nothing works! lol Also running into Killers leaving people on the ground and letting DS timer run out. The one build that works well for me has been: Flip-flop, Boil Over, Tenacity and Unbreakable. Especially the last two, many Killers get confused when you seemingly vanish by crawling away so fast and far.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Tunneling is also the default playstyle right now in lower ranks. Most killers above Rank 10-ish are not confident enough in their skills to not tunnel. I hear it's different in higher ranks, but I haven't been above rank 10 in ages.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

I'd imagine this is especially bad for PS4 killers who don't have a mouse.

• Jplanas98Jplanas98 Member Posts: 223

It's funny seeing the amount of people whine about how this makes the game unfun for survivors, as if playing killer is fun. Yes, I totally have fun constantly playing against SWF with some of the most broken builds. I totally have fun not being able to heard certain sounds anymore because the devs decided to mess it up. I totally have fun with the game clearly being sided towards survivors. But killers tunneling a player? *Gasp* how dare they, that's totally unfun.

• tennmiotennmio Member Posts: 82

I personally don't tunnel as killer. I feel like we are all in the game to relax and have fun.

We are all human beings that deserve to be treated with respect and this implies fairplay. I feel it's okay when s.o tbagged, cause i consider it a personal disrespect, although i usually just dc if i get tbagged.

It did happen to me that I tunneled without realizing but i usually leave the survibor on the ground then and try to find the hiding antimate instead.

Playing the killer role to me is being able to reward or punish social or antisocial/egoistic behavior.

I'm not a killer main though but i'm trying to play both equally often. No one is obviously able to be really fair if u are one sided. Acting unfair equals being disrespectful towards others in my opinion.

I feel like winning when i hooked all 4 survivor to struggle and I usually let 1 or 2 go (depending on their IQ and the amount of gens done).

I wanna say to everyone: Let's play fair, let's have respect and treat each other the same way we'd like to be treated, let's have a fun time together- sometimes winning sometimes not.

• WildDovamiWildDovami Member Posts: 56
    edited June 12

That's on you. I either get tunneled and make them pay for it by wasting their time, or I don't get seen in which case I can't be tunneled.

No matter how you word it, you're just asking killers to play the way YOU want them to.

This is probably why I struggle to find lobbies of killers trying to kill me. They hate the salt survivors throw at them.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I don't kill anyone, and I have fun. More than 20.000 BP for all without B&C and 15-20 minutes of a very good match.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 732

@Broosmeister Have you heard of the blue eyed vs brown eyed children experiment? Where the blue eyes kids are told they are special and better than than the brown eyed?

• TokemstreamerTokemstreamer Member Posts: 24

as a killer,i hate heroes

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@tennmio

"We are all human beings that deserve to be treated with respect and this implies fairplay." you say.

No one deserves respect. I give survivors the courtesy of assuming they're not whiny, and they can play the game without sobbing every time I tunnel the living crap out of them. The only time I refrain from tunneling a person if I'm a hundred percent sure he or she is one of those unlucky rank 15-s, put in my game because of their higher rank friends. Unfortunately, I can't see ranks in lobby.

But otherwise, there is nothing "unfair" about tunneling. I want to kill survivors, that's what the game is about.