Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Hatch Idea

ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
edited May 2019 in General Discussions
  • The Killer cant stand on the hatch

Edit:

• If the killer is near(16m) the hatch for 5 seconds, then he close the hatch automatically

Idea:

If the killer close the hatch and only 1 survivor is alive:

Edit:

Hatch closed => survivor get downed(Bleedout status) => automatically Mori scene => game end

Edit:

My opinion.

The killer killed 3 people and found the hatch first.

There is only a rly little chance, that the survivor can escape.

And I just want reward the killer.

He destroyed the last hope from the survivors, its game over.

And both sides cant expand the match time.

Post edited by ShyN3ko on

Comments

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

Sounds unnecessary

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

What if the killer is closing the hatch to try to find and hook the last survivor?

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    edited May 2019

What if the killer slugg and wait 4 min?

What if the survivor just hide for 4 min?

My point is, the game is over.

The killer win, because he killed the complete team and he found the hatch first.

@Orion

And my point is, EGC sacrifice doesn't award as many BP as a real hook. The killer might have BBQ as well, or the survivor might have a key, like Peanits said. Hell, the gates might be on opposite sides of the map, which could lead to a survivor escape.

edited May 2019

My point is, that both sides can expand the match for ~4 min.

Both sides can hold the match for ~4 min.

But the killer should get a reward.

He killed all and found the hatch first.

And I want more awesome Mori animations.

The character design team is great.

@Peanits

edited May 2019

My thougth is, that the hatch was the last escape for the survivor.

His complete team died and the killer closed the hatch.

The killer should get a reward and nobody should expand the match time.

@Orion

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,262
    edited May 2019

Actually the killer can hold the game for a lot longer it is in there hands as they just stand at the hatch and don't close it so the egc does not kick in and the survivor has to wait or do gens, the egc length of time to start is now in the killers hands at that points.

Once the hatch closes the egc starts and the survivor has 2 mins to open the gate and leave if they don't have a key of course.

I see no point in allowing a free kill just for finding the hatch first as the new mechanic is supposed to even things out not make it tilt more to one side like before.

Now the survivors are crying, because the killer slugg the survivors for 4 min.

Because the killer close the hatch.

So you have the choice.

My idea or survivors can kill themself, if they are slugged in the endgame.

And I dont like the second option, because its like a rage quit.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The hatch stuff is fine the way it is. People need to accept it and get over it.

edited May 2019

They are saying slugging is a waste of there time not crying, just like when the survivor trolls prolonged the game by not leaving, killers werent crying there just asking for a way to end the game quicker, it's common sense to want that.

Right now it's mostly happening due to the new animation and how cool it looks so it will calm down.

Your hatch idea doesn't fix anything at all as it's still more of a free kill scenario and doesn't make it equal.

The simpler solution as you said when one survivor is left and in the dying state after a set time the survivor can activate the end game animation, 30s should be long enough is a good idea imo.

The hatch is a free escape.

Killer close the hatch.

Killer get a free kill.

Is it so hard to reward the killer, if he did anything right?

You idea makes it favour one side.

When the devs have worked hard to try and make it fairer for both why do you think that tilting that balance to one side again is a good idea?

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,462

Killer close hatch =/= free kill.

Killer close hatch, door powers, survivor can open gate.

There are no free kills.

Just a free escape hatch.

Yeah, because my idea is about the hatch.

If the survivor find the hatch first.

Then the hatch was survivor sided,

because he could escape with 0 gens activated.

If the killer find the hatch first.

Then the hatch was killer sided,

because he get a free kill.

The hatch is a complicated topic.

But I dont want that both sides can expand the match time.

Its just a time waste move for both sides.

edited May 2019

Gate spawn are rly short.

So the killer can see both gates in some matches.

And I rly dont trust devs in spawn programming.

As example: Totem spawns.

That is why allowing the survivor to end it when slugged could be a good idea.

The hatch itself isn't to reward a free escape it's to reward someone for things that are out of there control.

As a killer how you play is in your hands, as a survivor that is not the case as it's not a team game, your idea punishes solo players for some random people's mistakes.

The hatch is there to compensate for the above problem not to guarantee something and why it was redesigned to be more even.

• sk1913sk1913 Member Posts: 84
  • legion_mainlegion_main Member Posts: 483

egc is two minutes so I dont see how a survivor can lengthen the time by 4 minutes

anyways this just sounds like entitled killer BS because they want the easy 4k doesn't always work like that bud

I agree with you in the most things.

But give survivors the option to kill them self, because the killer found and down them?

That sounds like a legal ragequit.

And I rly dont like this sound.

I made this discussion, because survivors dont want be slugged for ~4 min.

Just go in the forum and you will find this discussion.

And if the killer close the hatch, then the survivor have a rly little chance for an escape.

So why expand the match timer, when its over?

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,677

To play Devil's Advocate here, if the goal it to make it so a survivor isn't slugged for four minutes, wouldn't it make more sense to increase the rate of bleedout during the End Game Collapse? Or even when there's only one survivor remaining as a whole. That way you fix the issue without removing someone's chance for escape.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,597

Finding the hatch is not hard at all for the killer, rewarding him with a free kill is just a bad idea. Also, if the last survivor is alive doesn't he deserve some merit? And why he shouldn't have a chance, even if small?

Not a legal way just a way to combat the slugging for 4 mins if they close the hatch.

That's why a time of around 30 seconds doesn't change what can happen, if the killer wants to hook they can, survivor wiggles off and the 30 seconds resets and maybe both should be allowed to use the option so the aurcivir isn't in control.

It allows those who want to see the animation the chance, stops the 4 min time waste and allows for hookings and BT to work.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited May 2019

I agree with Peanits here on this one... If they increased the bleedout timer to where the killer has no choice but to pick up and get the hook points... then it would help with ending the game.

Also I feel the gates should open after a certain time.. if the killer couldn't secure that last survivor within 90 seconds.. then they risk losing that last survivor. But that is me.

edited May 2019

mhhhh, yeah I agree.

Maybe we could get an idea together?

Hatch closed => survivor get downed(Bleedout) => automatically Mori scene => game end

Would this better @Peanits ?

The survivor had still the chance for an escape.

But both sides must not wait for the bleedout timer.

Btw sry for my bad english.

Other way around. Increase the rate at which the timer progresses to shorten the time a survivor is slugged.

• lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

If the slugging and waiting for the timer is that huge of an issue, how about in the situations when the hatch is closed, a survivor that is slugged does not cause the EGC timer to slow down.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Orion however it works.. I'm not trying to be too technical.. if the killer has only 10 seconds before that slugged survivor died that would be a benefit to stopping the end game challenge.

but then there isn't anything stopping the killer from pinning the survivor in one area of the map, but if the gates open, then that survivor now has a chance to run out.

• OrtiOrti Member Posts: 198

Biggest issue here is for sure all the survs who would complain about dying instantly so please no. a lot of people already complain about how unfair the endgame is for the last surv. Also it's not needed and in fact unfair for the last surv. On the other hand a special mori for the egc would be a great addition