Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

EGC and the opportunity it offers to creative builds

George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,271
edited May 14 in General Discussions

So, I've been experimenting with a new build, for fun. It's made of:

• Urban Evasion
  • Calm Spirit
  • Distortion
  • And a fourth perk, can be (surprise!) Wake Up, or just pick Iron Will, Bond, Alert, Premonition, or basically anything that either helps you with stealth, or gives you info on killer's location.

Now, since EGC was introduced, it's possible to get the Hatch even if not a single gen is done. So I went ahead and started with basically two rules: don't ever touch a gen, and stay as far away from the killer as possible. When someone is hooked, I only save if the killer is miles away, or MAYBE if he proved himself a devoted tunneler, in which case I can risk an unsafe rescue, as it speeds up the dying process of my fellow survivor friends, and I have a chance to hide away while he's busy with rehooking them.

I use Distortion to find out early whether they have BBQ; ideally, the other aura reading perks have little chance of triggering against me, since I'm unlikely to get injured, and stay away from gens: no Nurse's or Bitter Murmur. I do totems sometimes, but only dull ones: if one is lit, I only cleanse it if I'm 1000% sure the killer is in the other end of the map. One exception: I cleanse, if I suspect Haunted Grounds while an uninjured friend is being chased.

Unfortunately, Whispers can screw me over, but it's rarely used. Also, at some point my teammates may feel inclined to point the killer to my direction. Have to keep Bond in mind: best if at the lobby I ask them if they use it. ("Bond is such a great perk! Do you use it? Yes? No? Ok, gg & gl!) Luckily, lockers protect me from Bond too.

The main goal is to get out without any contact with the killer, and preferrably with 0 Objectives score. The latter is not possible if killer manages to close the Hatch, but even then, only Exit Gate Opening points allowed.

And one final point: unfortunately, sometimes other survivors tend to lay low and wait for me to die, especially if there's only two of us left, and/or my stupid fellow survivors threegenned us. That's when I have to risk making some noise, bodyblock, or any other move to let the killer find the other one. Not always easy to pull off, but I like challenges.

Anyway, what do you think? I feel it's such a unique, beautiful build, and thanks to the EGC changes, it can work like a charm, provided your team does what they're supposed to do (do gens and die).

Comments

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 7,986

My current build is unbreakable,DS,calm spirit and BL/random perk.

I think your build is pretty good.

• NeonAlienNeonAlien Member Posts: 221

Stopped reading at "don't ever touch gens".

This is why I hate the new spawn rules for the hatch.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,271

@NeonAlien if it's any consolation, I've only played like this three times so far, and I always got caught and murdered in the end. They were funny games though.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 2,639

I'd find you with rancor

Wait actually does calm spirit work against rancor? You don't scream when it triggers

@NuclearBurrito yes >:D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,271

Oh come on @NuclearBurrito Rancor is not going to help you.

• NeonAlienNeonAlien Member Posts: 221
    edited May 15

@George_Soros

I mean, I don't want to spoil your fun, and usually I'm all for trying out new builds and having fun with niche gameplay. It's just, the game gets so much harder for solos when just 1 person on their team is purposefully not doin any objectives or anything helpful for the team, or even actively working against them. And I've really come to dislike those survivors that only sit in the corner of the map and wait for everybody else to die I: I'm hustlin over there with the gens and the chases and the unhooks, giving my best to have a decent game, just to get screwed over and / or found first in the end (of course, 'cause I'm doing the objective) and yeah, it's frustrating when it happens often enough.

Especially now where it's possible to get out without ever touching 1 gen. Your build takes skill and please, don't let me demotivate you to use it. I'm just a little scared that the "not touching a gen all game because the hatch is gonna spawn anyway, so I'll just be sitting in the corner & wait" mentality could get out of hand. It already has screwed me over many times; it's annoying af. And you know how lazy and cowardly survivors can get, given the opportunity...

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 138

I think if we should go back to At least 2 gens have to be fixed then the hatch spawn. But since Killer now able to close the Hatch, should the last survivor able to see Hatch aura for 5sec or something? That 1 or 2 gen fix for the Hatch is a hard work, I dont want the Hatch is instantly closed.

Currently Left behind is pointless, Wake up become more useful, just image the last survivor stand waiting next to the gate, Hatch close, Wake up triggered, 2.4sec less to open the gate mean gaps up from the Killer for 11meters. And thats alot.