The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dark Sense and Bitter Murmer

TheTimeMachineTheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
     The incoming -and very much possible- buffs to these perks are a little bewildering. 
     I really like the idea of the perks being usable throughout the whole trial. But the proposed five seconds (after a generator completion) seems a little overkill.
     On both ends, I feel that perhaps just three seconds would satisfy everyone in a healthy manner. A prolonged aura reading on the opponent can become possibly detrimental to any stealth play (on both ends; Negates Tinkerer no?)

Post edited by TheTimeMachine on

Comments

• CetrenCetren Member Posts: 581
    Let's meet in the middle and go with 4 seconds, same as BBQ. Especially as killer where you're locked into first person, you might miss the auras altogether if you're locked into an action while the generator completes. For dark sense yeah 5 seconds might be overkill, but for killer 3 seconds is really short.
  • MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 347

4-5 seconds should be good. The noise bubble lasts a few seconds and will wipe out any aura read until it goes away. 2-3 seconds and Survivors will just hang out next to the generator.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,893
    These changes are insane and will completely change the pace of the game and how things play out I feel.

Should be interesting. The PTB hasn't dropped yet right?
  • TheTimeMachineTheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
         The power of aura reading can be very powerful, and sometimes, it can prove lethal. I seem to think these perks were introduced at the end of a Trial, because it was/is a last effort to survive or kill.
         I’ve easily dodged encounters with Killers passing by an exit gate with this perk; Resulting in my complete escape.
         As Killer, I’ve trumped survivors who would be otherwise unfindable without this perk (hinting at cabinet-grabs). Resulting in successful sacrifices- despite the advantages they had.
         These last ditch efforts can easily trump any of the opponents (sneaky) tricks. But try to imagine this counter-play after each generator. I foresee these perks being "high-tier", but I could be wrong.
  • ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 640

@weirdkid5 said:
    These changes are insane and will completely change the pace of the game and how things play out I feel.

I mean you can just run perkless and still do super well as a survivor.

As for a killer idk. Perks do help a lot for killers rn especially ruin..

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 303
    Honestly, I don't see any reason to use Whispers anymore if these changes go through. There will be solo much aura reading going on, whispers will be redundant. Imagine having Bbq and bitter murmur, or B.M. and new tinkerer, or all 3 aura reads.... 

I think it is also important to note with these changes, Freddy will become even more redundant and that much weaker of a killer. If aura reading and finding survivors will be this easy as I assume it will be now, then really besides the ability to slow down channeled actions of players who you are chasing anyway so it doesn't matter (or other players who are going to wake up while you even search out another survivor before you can put them to sleep) what will Freddy have as an advantage?
  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,893
    Zanfer said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I mean you can just run perkless and still do super well as a survivor.

As for a killer idk. Perks do help a lot for killers rn especially ruin..

Of course. Perkless should be a viable option as well.