Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

Overhaul for the Worst Perks [Killer and Survivor]

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 2,649

This is not happening could be reworked into:

The Burst of speed when injured by the Killer is 50/75/100% longer (base time is 2 seconds of 150% MS. This makes it 4 seconds)

Again. With it's current effects folded onto Resilience

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,537

Resilience, This is not happening and Monstrous Shrine just so happen to not be techables.

• UncannyLuckUncannyLuck Member Posts: 78

It looks like you missed a few killer perks that you listed as "not very good" (e.g. Hex: Third Seal & Hangman's Trick)?

Also, Left Behind is still probably not worth using as it's a strictly inferior Wake Up! which you also had to buff. It's probably just a conceptually bad perk, because you could make it like "When you are the last survivor in the match, you instantly repair any generator you start repairing" and nobody would take it.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 3,615

Well, there's so many to go through. For starters, let's look at all the TR perks like Coulrophobia for example but there are many others as well.

The issue with these TR perks is that you don't reliably keep survivors in your TR long enough for it to matter. Like only an idiot is gonna sit there and heal through Coulrophobia and it only takes a second to step out.

What those perks need is the exact same treatment that the survivor radius perks received. They need to persist for like 10 seconds after leaving the killers TR. This change would make them much more reliable and improve their consistency which is what they are lacking.

Infectious Fright needs to show auras, not just a location ping. A ping isn't worth much in almost all scenarios. Essentially a lot of perks need to be made less situational or VERY strong when those situations do arise. Most the situational perks we have are just OKAY when they work which shouldn't be the case if they are indeed that situational.

Dark Devotion needs to last at least 10 seconds longer and shouldn't even have a cooldown. It only works on obsession hits and you are giving up all you pressure by letting the obsession go to HOPE you happen to find someone else. Even with these changes it still wouldn't be ran that much but at least then it might fit into a few builds.

Hex: Lullaby shouldn't be a hex perk, it's not good enough. However, to get your token now you have to be a certain distance from a hook when someone gets saved (think like MYC works). Strong because it's permanent, but keep in mind, to get every token they had to literally give up all that hook pressure and just let that person get saved for free. Not to mention it promotes more "fun" type gameplay that survivors like when you leave every hook. Even at max tokens the perk really isn't that bad if you just pay attention. Just means you might have to pause the movie and but down your pizza for a sec to focus.

Blood Warden should reactivate for any additional hooks once the gates are open. This is another one of those HIGHLY situation perks that is currently just OKAY when it even happens to work. This change is to make it actually very strong when it does work while keeping it quite situational.

Hex: The Third Seal should also hide all status effects of the other survivors. Essentially you couldn't tell if they were injured or hooked unless you actually saw them or heard them across the map.

Iron Maiden should show aura, not location ping for 4 seconds and Exposed for 60 seconds. As soon as they get in a locker even 1 time they are never using them again after they see the debuff, much less the rarity that people actually use lockers to even begin with. This makes the perk highly situational and very easily countered which means it should be extremely strong when it does activate.

Mad Grit should 1 hit down while carrying a survivor. This perk is currently highly situational and extremely minimal payoff. Not to mention as soon as you down even 1 survivor with this they are never doing it again that game which makes it still weaker than a lot of other perks we currently have so this should be fine.

Pop Goes The Weasel should be token based, nuff said.

Lightborn along with its current effect should blind the survivor if they hit you with it well enough that it would've blinded a killer not using Lightborn. Makes it kind of a surprise throw back at them.

Spies from the Shadows effect should be map wide. Its current radius isn't worth using over any other finding perks.

Beast of Prey - Get rid of the whole gimmicky bloodlust effect. After being in a chase for 10 seconds your red stain is invisible until you leave chase. The time before activation may need to be a little longer but you get the idea.

Shadowborn is currently just overshadowed by MnA. I''d like to add an effect that makes it slightly quiet your killer sounds. This includes the killer breathing, footsteps and just idle sounds many of them make. Just slightly to make you better at mind games.

Thanataphobia needs to include dead, sacrificed and dc's survivors.

Corrupt Intervention looks good on paper but doesn't pan out how it looks. Good survivors just wait out the duration without doing anything and essentially just delay the games start by 2 minutes. I'd like to turn this into a semi early 3 gen strat perk. It lasts until 1 gen is completed. Now it can't just be rendered worthless by waiting it out.

Fire Up simply needs its numbers increased.

Stridor used to be great but has never quite got back to where it used to be after the games sound changes. Increase its effectiveness to how it used to be.

Predator should also make walking and running footsteps slightly louder.

Overwhelming Presence along with the TR perk changes I mentioned at the begining of this post should also give the survivors a chance to scream and give a location ping if using an item while in the killers TR.

Unnerving Presence needs its increased skill check chance increased.

Hex: Haunted Ground just needs the second lit totem to not be deactivated after the first one gets broken. This makes cleansing totems a little more dangerous. Just 1 charge where you can't control when or even if its broken is a little too situational. This will just give it 2 charges to be activated, IF the survivors even choose to do so.

Monstrous Shrine - Remove its current effect as it's even sometimes a negative. Make it so hooking someone in the basement causes 3 random gens to become blocked off for 30 seconds by the entity and begin regressing as if they'd been kicked. The auras of the blocked gens will be shown to the killer for the duration.

Remember Me needs to have each hit on the obsession increase gate opening time by 8 seconds up to a maximum of 32 increased seconds. This is a highly situational perk that very rarely pays off and should be very strong when it does come into play. You are giving up an entire perk slot already all game AND you have to actually happen to hit your obsession multiple times.

NOED - A highly controversial perk. First things first, I do not think this perk is OP at all as it is very easily countered. My point in changing it is because I think it's unhealthy for the game and rewards killers not for playing good but rewards them just because the survivors got lazy. I want it to reward skilled play. My change is that if the gates are powered and not all totems were cleansed that 3 random gens will reactivate. Basically making the survivors do just 1 more gen. This gives the killer more time to make SKILLED plays but yet not just free downs.

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 41

I like a lot of these ideas! You clearly spent a lot of time on it; I am glad the developers saw it and are pleased with it too. I hope they will be able to implement some of these changes!

I've always wanted to have beast of pray speed up the rate at which you get bloodlust significantly

• Cancan71Cancan71 Member Posts: 25

Not to be rude, but weren't both Up The Ante and Coulrophopbia in the bottom 5 least used perks in the game according to the recent Q&A on Discord? I would have imagined that those would have been considered for a buff.

Anyways, Up The Ante is totally outclassed by Deliverence.

• EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,517

Excellent job! I hate weak, useless, wasted perks: every perk must make the difference, if you choose it!

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 722

I'd like Sole Survivor as it is now, but rather than 3 tokens, one for each death, do 9 tokens, one for each hook stage. That way you gain benefit from it through the match without all your allies dying, but it still has the same maximum effect.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,108

I am not fond how many suggestions you provided increase repair speed. The generators getting done too fast are already a huge problem in the game.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 575

Wow pretty good perk reworks would be great to have them in game

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Why is No Mither not on here? It's a joke perk. Killer has nothing that actively works against them like No Mither does for survivors.

• AkumaAkuma Member Posts: 355

40% bigger great skill checks instead of 40...

Yea this would change it from

Worse af

To

Still worse

Af

edited May 16

Yes, but the problem is I didn't just outright remove the perks because I 100% doubt BHVR would let that fly anyways. They want to use the perks regardless if they're worthless or not.

I never saw anywhere in this entire games history that something like a perk get removed, the only thing I've seen removed are the moon offerings and those are a completely different situation.

We also have to take into account the BPs wasted for these perks, the slots that were taken in the Blood-Web instead of ones we wanted, etc.

I did? I guess I shouldn't write something this big with 0 sleep.

I'll add them into the list.

They're just little additions to what is already in existence, but i'll start my revision to change some of these including Up The Ante.

No Mither stays true to the point of what it was for, it was not considered eligible for this list and so I didn't put it in.

Surprisingly people still use No Mither, but it wasn't a perk that was supposed to be "good" it was just there to increase efficiency at the start of the Trial at the risk of being downed first/often.

When I change Up the Ante in my final revision on this post i'll keep that in mind.

An interesting concept, i'll add it to the revision.

That suggestion might give me a idea on how to make Beast of Pray some what useful.

• bendermacbendermac Member Posts: 421
  • Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,570

I like the Monstrous Shrine buff ya got 'er

@NuclearBurrito @UncannyLuck @Blueberry

New additions to the main post have been added, and one perk was revised on the main post to save time, a final Revised Post will be added as a comment SoonTM and after that this post is complete until a new meta is made.

@se05239

A new Revised Version will be added in as a comment to not make the Main Post too long, it will be added whenever it is complete. Aka SoonTM.

@fluffybunny I thought about it and decided to buff No Mither, it has been added to the list, Enjoy.

Hindered and Broken would probably be way too strong in addition to not being fun to play against. On the other hand, it might make no mither into a meta perk.

Its a double edged sword, its not really too strong in the sense that its a Hex perk.

Before the perk even becomes an issue you can break it, and pairing it with Ruin risks Ruin from being destroyed. Its like I put in the comment next to it "Its a high risk high reward Hex perk" meaning if you want to use it you can't use Ruin or you have to risk Ruin, and most people never play without Ruin so.

It's definitely not a double edged sword though, and arguably is not a high risk high reward perk.

The only way this perk could be double edged is if survivors just don't bother cleansing or healing and just do generators, but with hindered they're still moving slower than no blink nurse.

As for high risk high reward, it's not really that either. Unlike Devour, where you legitimately risk it going out before it does anything, you get something out of it by hitting even 1 survivor. Just because you can get nothing out of a perk in a match doesn't automatically make it high risk high reward. Take Spirit Fury for example - you can go an entire match without getting it to proc, which is no different than losing a hex perk before getting to use it. Does that make it high risk high reward? If a survivor never hits you with a pallet, you don't proc enduring. Does that make enduring high risk high reward?

In any case, what was the idea behind the change to third seal? What did you want to accomplish or what play styles did you want to enable? Like, did you want to slow the game down?

edited May 16

The idea behind Hex: The Third seal was to remove the useless status effect it came with. This perk was only good with one killer "The Pig" to hide Jigsaw boxes from survivors, and as of how the game currently is, that was removed.

The Blindness Status Effect brings nothing to the table, and the perk was way too situational to even be deemed viable, so it was changed to Broken, and Hindered to give killers a sense that their perk slot wasn't wasted on something useless.

By doing this it gives Survivors the sense that this is a serious problem and should be addressed before more of us suffer from it, no survivor wants the Broken status effect on them and removing the Hex from game would disable this effect, by then either the damage has been done or it was broken early on. Hence why I said "High risk High Reward" these Hex Totems exist to give the killer a sense that if they use a perk slot for one they'll be given something that benefits them only when it is active.

I think its a good addition, its not too OP and can be easily countered. Its a better choice over Blindness which lets face it only hides survivors that're being picked up, and most Survivors hide in lockers which already gives them Blindness.