For its year 3 anniversary, Dead by Daylight will be hosting its biggest livestream on May 31st at 3PM EST
Major reveals, drama, laughs, cries, surprises. It’s a date!

Overhaul for the Worst Perks [Killer and Survivor]

13»

Comments

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 868

@TheGameZpro3 Check the updated list, you'll find your suggestion was reasonable enough to be put on there.

• ApeOfMazorApeOfMazor Member Posts: 124

I look at your revised perks and I still say meh. I want perks that make me excited to use and make me feel more powerful. These still feel like they are only slightly better than crap. No doubt this is the kinda stuff the devs love though and the route they would take since they are so cautious.

Someone made a much more appealing rework list for killers in the killer forum. Those perks sounded fun.

The perks are not supposed to make you feel powerful, they're sub-par perks at best.

These changes are within the realm of reason, that's why they were changed. I'm sure you like the new Beast of Prey idea though no?

• ApeOfMazorApeOfMazor Member Posts: 124

Not that I completely dislike any of them but they don't give me any sense of "wow I can't wait to try that perk!" I'm not sure i'd use any of them in a final build but the little boost is good. These would be much better when you have nothing else. I don't really understand the idea that these perks are all meant to be subpar or bad? Like why even have them? To increase grind? People are still going to just hope for ruin or bbq or noed(from killer perspective)to show up and curse these perks. I know not every perk will be super sought after but I still feel there are ways to make them more fun and enticing almost on the level of current sought after perks. I tried to find the perk thread I was talking about but cant find it at the moment.

So overall your ideas are good but it just doesnt really do anything to excite me or make me want to run them.

Every Meta has low tier things in it, these just so happen to be one of those low tier things.

The update I made to them is to just make them more viable in niche builds, nothing else can really be done to them without making them the next Ruin, NOED, or BBQ.

Its just to keep in mind for the perks that are currently never used or even thought of you know?

Also you have to keep in mind that people like @not_Queen or @Peanits (I'll stop @'ing them i'm sure its annoying.) Are always looking for feedback to stuff like this as well.

They're listening, they just are not really interested in things that outshine or make things more OP over others.

Its nice to discuss it with them though to get some insight on some things that go around at BHVR.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 38
    edited May 16

Streetwise is one of those perks that isn't that great in solo, but ends up being a problem in SWF because it allows SWF to use Toolboxs and Flashlights excessively. It also makes green keys with add-on that allows you to see the killer more obnoxious, by giving them Object of Obsession with no drawbacks.

Most of the perks on survival list "buffs" will not change their position. For example No Mither is a perk that gives you Iron will and Unlimited version of Unbreakable, however it takes away a health state from you which isn't worth it and this is just one example. Left behind was perk designed to allow you to complete a generator when the rule of requiring 3 generator to be complete for the hatch to spawn. This condition no longer exists and therefore ruined the purpose of the perk with new End game collapse.

You could fix some of these perks, for example I think left behind should give you aura reading of the hatch spawn if you are last person alive. The repair speed and Action speed are simply useless right now. No Mither would be pretty good perk if they removed broken state, sound reduction and Unlimited Unbreakable, however kept the ability where your survivor does not bleed, so it would be good counter to Bloodhound. Another solution for No Mither would be to give the survivor the ability to have deep wound timer for getting hit for duration of 10 seconds so you aren't one shot.

As for the killer side. Aura-oriented perks have one major problem and that is, they a build in Spine-Chill for the survivor. The other issue behind them is that most maps are too big compared to terror radius of the killer, so the killers aren't able to get a good benefit out of the perks)Includes Distressing). They'd be better if they release more smaller maps the game and Lery or if they were much bigger in radius so that killers could get more benefit.

As for the rest of killer perks, I'll comment what i'd like to see for following perks:

• Unrelenting The Lunge distance of a killers attacks Increases by 0.5/1.0/1.5 meters
    • Beast of Prey Allows you to earn a token every time you hook a survivor, Your Red Stain grows dimmer with each token(Max 3). Gain 30/40/50 % more Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category.
    • Insidious you reduce your Terror Radius to 0 meters after gaining Bloodlust Tier I and stays hidden until you lose Bloodlust.

Before I comment on this, you checked the Revised Version yes?

Well regardless if you read the Revised Version, i'll keep these in mind for a future Perk Overhaul, at this current time what I post is what will currently be shown including the Revised Version.

But I will keep this in mind.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,516

@FireHazard

Third Seal doesnt affect Jigsaw boxes, just like Huntress' Lullaby doesnt either. Third Seal is meant for slug builds, and, honestly, its fine like that.

A change for it would be to remove the Blindness effect and make it work like Knock Out.

Didn't I say that it doesn't affect Jigsaw boxes?

Third Seal is most of the time never seen on any Killer I come across. I don't think I've honestly even seen a single Killer use Hex: Third Seal in my entire time playing this game, that's not an over-exaggeration I have zero memory of ever coming across it.