Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

Mettle of Man nerf!!

KingBKingB Member Posts: 739

Great Job Devs! This is a much welcomed change and will be very healthy for the game!

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 2,519

can't find it where is the thread with the nerf?

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 273
    edited May 16

So I get punished for NOT farming the unhooked survivor? I'm not sure about this behaviour...

If I go for the unhooked person they will have DS and BT, if I go for the unhooker they get MoM... Not a good design

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,698

Well, if it requires three protection hits, that shouldn't be an issue. Say you always go for the unhooker. It'd require them to be unhooked, escape, take another hit while you're hooking someone else (this is the second hook), and do it again a third time (death hook).

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,570

Time to take hits while survivors are being carried

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 2,519

As for the perk change I like it I never really had a problem with it but it's better for the people that didn't like it now.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 439

sounds like a great change, i was posting about this idea long time ago. lets hope they the balls in the end and will do it. they should have made enough money with the dlc by now.

• palmaceouspalmaceous Member Posts: 2

As if the current MoM does not have any requirement ... I would say it activates only 50% of the time I bring it with me.

If you want to nerf it, maybe it's better to give the survivor broken status for a couple of minutes or so after its activation.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,190
    edited May 16

Meh.

I am not the guy that unhooks when the Killer is nearby. Also it promotes Tunneling - you can better go for the unhooked Person and slug him, if the Unhooker does not have Borrowed Time instead of giving a MoM-Stack to the guy who unhooked. (This is the case anyway, but now there is one more point for going for the unhooked person)

But well, lets see what is the next Perk with complaints. I better get used to Perks like Boil Over, so that I am prepared for the future.

• SpectroSpectro Member Posts: 39

As a solo survivor I usually take 1 hit for someone per game. But 3? You’d have to run a different build with perks like empathy just to be able to use the perk to it’s full potential. On top of that you’d have to follow injured players which means another player isn’t helping with the objective.

Meanwhile in a SWF group, all you’d have to do is communicate: “hey the killer is about to down me near the killer shack, come here if you want a MoM stack”. No perks needed and almost no wasted time. This is about as easy as it gets.

Don’t get me wrong, I like that you’re listening to feedback and making MoM more fair for killers but it needs to be tuned. Making it harder for solo but not for SWF is not really a good idea as it will continue to promote a toxic playstyle among SWF groups.

• lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,042

@Usui Are you a Legion main? I was just curious because of you wanting refunds due to changes made.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,281

This is a nice change.

It'll still be a very strong perk but at least now it feels more balanced.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,603

From both perspectives, I like this, you have to work for it, it would really pair well with WGLF, you get stacks for getting hit and not only that, you take a free ignored shot for being a saver.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 499

You'll see Monstrous Shrine more times than the new MoM

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,480

It's a good change. It'll encourage more block hooks which is annoying, but at least you aren't overwhelmingly punished for not playing Hillbilly.

• apathytheclownapathytheclown Member Posts: 182

Would protection hits actually be fixed? It normally only counts if you are basically touching the other person.