The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

VIDEO CONTEST RULES

PatBrutalPatBrutal Dev, Community Manager Posts: 415

TIMELINE

Submissions are open from June 1st to June 21st

Results will come in the upcoming week, they will be announced on forums and social media.

Judges are members of the Dev team (artists) and the Community team

Finalists will be public on July 2nd

Winners will be announced before July 18th

CONDITIONS

Entrant must submit a video of their own making. Videos must be inspired by Dead by Daylight. Use of other brand's copyright will lead to disqualification. Twitch/YT/etc. clips of gameplay moments are not allowed.

• The grand prize and runner-up winners will be selected based on the following Judging Criteria:
  • Originality - no gameplay footage or the bare minimum of it. It must be a live action video, or an animation, for example. Something you've created.
  • Execution (the methods and processes used with the medium selected by entrant to create the video).
  • Only one submission by entrant is allowed
  • You will need to be able to prove that the work you submit is your own
  • Violation of another brand's copyright will lead to disqualification
  • Please use accessible video hosting service - YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, etc. If those services are blocked in your country, please use a trusted hosting service to store your video.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

PRIZES

First prize: 24 000 Auric Cells

Second prize: 18 000 Auric Cells

Third prize: 18 000 Auric Cells

Post edited by not_Queen on

Comments

• Angel_FieroAngel_Fiero Member Posts: 24

Is it possible to use some licensed killers that are in the game like Myers, Ghostface...?

• SecretSenpaiSecretSenpai Member Posts: 14

Is an original outfit we create for killer or survivor allowed to be in the video? Also, what kind of music is allowed?

• BenAcidBenAcid Member Posts: 22

I would guess every kind of music, as long as you have the rights to use it. Original Outfits shouldn't be a problem, the conditions only say it has to be inspired by Dead by Daylight.

Of cause thats nothing official, just my thoughts.

• butilovepizzahutbutilovepizzahut Member Posts: 23

So basically no gameplay and making the video by ourselves? easy!

• BenAcidBenAcid Member Posts: 22

You can work in a team I think. And just look at the stuff from last year (if it is aviable somewhere), that was nuts.

And just editing gameplay isn't that big of a thing, so i guess to keep down those entries it forbidden.

• NarciCismNarciCism Member Posts: 21

Do we title the entry with our real name or our steam name?

• justme26justme26 Member Posts: 8
    edited June 16

:)

Post edited by justme26 on
  • MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,472

THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ENTRIES.

This discussion has been closed.