The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

This has been bothering me for a while...

MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Why does Escape Cake, a Yellow Item, give so much more BP than the Green BP offerings?

Comments

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 3,809
    edited May 29

It does?

I always thought it was the same thing... Its 100% for both items for the killer, only difference is one gives 100% to every player instead of just having it solely for the person who is using the offering.

But that's Party Streamers, the rest of the green BP offerings only give 100% to one specific catagory.

Also these offerings used to be event exclusive but they added them to the blood-web soon after said event.

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • Bug_ReporterBug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

ITS A PIECE OF CAKE!

Just like the usual survivors' walk in the park gameplay...

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 310

If I remember correctly, the cake, pudding, and bloody streamers were all community challenge/event rewards that were permanently added to the game to reward all players for cooperating to complete a big goal. That's why they are far better than any of the other BP offerings.

• ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 516

Aside from Cake, Streamers, Or pudding. The BP Offerings are ACTUALLY pointless. They genuinely don't actually serve a purpose and are there for false sense of earning something.

Think about it. 5,000 BP to buy an offering that provides 100% bonus to a single category. So if you max Objective to 8,000 you get another 8,000. Minus the purchase price a WHOPPING 3,000 bloodpoints!!!....thanks????

Then consider all the times you will be forced to buy Mist offerings you don't want. They ACTUALLY count for nothing and take your blood points away. You would have more bloodpoints and more good add ons WITHOUT blood point bonus items.

• mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 297

Because they used to just be temporary offerings for events. But they decided to just keep it for everyone because they got a lot of good feedback on them.

The question is now. Why are the 75% and 50% bp offerings so expensive. Survival category barely works and Sacrifice category is a mix bag if survivors dc left and right most of the time these two don't even make up for their initial cost.

• TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,156

I have no idea why they did this

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,083

It's this way because it was originally not going to be permanently put into the game.

It was Uncommon to make it appear more and cost less than the regular BP Offerings.

They decided to make it permanent because it was received way too well.

The real question is not why it's Uncommon, but why it STILL is.

The original BP Offerings are all pretty bad in comparison.

• TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,156

@Peanits Alright, slow down real quick, we all nice here

• A9F6A9F6 Member Posts: 51

Even make the now green single objective 100% BP offerings common. Be rid of both current common n uncommon single objective BP offerings

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,706

How about you make the other offerings that only increase one category better? *wink wink* @Peanits

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,731

@Peanits Then its high time that all the various BP offerings get a revamp, don't you think?

Made a thread about it long ago with suggestions for a rework. Might be a bit of shameless advertisement at this point, considering I throw in this link in like whatever BP-related thread I can find.. but whatever. Here;

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46827/a-rework-of-bloodpoint-offerings ←

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,722

Didn't read to see if anyone else answered this but;

Cake gives 100% bonus points at the end of the match to just you. (Takes all your end game totals and gives them the old X2 to your BP bank)

Streamers do the same thing as Cake but for ALL players.

The offerings that effect a specific category IE: Boldness, Survival, Objective, etc give you the bonus BP in the game, meaning you can reach the max 8k (5k for full category) during the match faster. This helps fill a category faster that perhaps you otherwise neglected to focus on.

For example if I really hate getting into a chase but still need to fill that boldness category then I can pop one of the offerings to increase what little points I may typically get and push that neglected category further than it should have.

These offerings use to make much more sense when rank was tied to BP in each category. As we have the emblem system now they seem to need a rework in terms of rarity.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,576

Why is this even a thing? I've posted much better topic with so much less discussion... lmao

Cake gives you double BP for that match. Greens give you 100% of 1 category and yellows are 75%. Browns are 50%.

This was buffed a few months back as well I think. Stop crying.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

The only one crying here is you, because your "genius topics" don't get as much attention.

Sorry, had to point it out, please do some self-reflection and become a better person.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,731

@Mochan If you are replying to another person's post, you should "@" them so they get notified.