Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I killed 2/4 and depip

Sn0wJobSn0wJob Member Posts: 247

Fix your game behavior.
I didn't decide to play killer because I wanted to chase people and break generators, I want to kill people.
This emblem system is stupid.

Comments

• JesyaJesya Member Posts: 1,095

@chefdave12118 said:
    Sounds like maybe you shouldn't be worrying about pipping yet . :)

Thissssssssssssssssss

• AmorePrincessAmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    You almost always pip. And to say that you dont want to do other objectives then to kill, its like survivors saying I just want to escape, but not do gens, run or save. Odd. It is a strategy game, for all of us....
  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Sn0wJob said:

@DocOctober said:
    So you do know that you didn't fulfil the ranking requirement.

Sucks for you, but you have no business complaining. Either fulfil the requirements to rank up, which are now consist of all aspects of the game or don't fulfil them and accept that you won't rank up.

A system that basically exists to reward killers for letting survivors go by making us do dumb little map objectives, like the dumbest ######### ever.

Sounds like you're mad you won't get to pip just from camping.

Not like survivors get it any better either. No one will pip if the killer is demolished in 6 minutes. Half of survivors' emblems depend on ######### with the killer, while one of them depends on teammates not doing the objective.
  • Sn0wJobSn0wJob Member Posts: 247

@Peanits said:
    If you do the bare minimum to kill those two survivors (find them, down them, camp them), the game is going to give you the bare minimum emblems. The ability to stand next to a hook and not move does not require a vast amount of skill, and your emblems will reflect that.

On the other hand, if you're able to keep applying pressure to survivors while still getting those two kills, the game will recognize that and reward you appropriately.

It's the same deal for survivors too. If they do nothing but hide in lockers all game, they aren't going to pip just because they slip out the door. They rank if they did well, not if the do the bare minimum.

Fortunately if you just play to kill, rank isn't important, since your rank does not influence your ability to kill.

You wouldn't say that if you had to catch them.

Just hurry up and put Hex ruin back in the shrine so I can actually play this damn game.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,750

@Sn0wJob said:

Not sure what you mean.

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 978

@Sn0wJob said:

@Peanits said:
    If you do the bare minimum to kill those two survivors (find them, down them, camp them), the game is going to give you the bare minimum emblems. The ability to stand next to a hook and not move does not require a vast amount of skill, and your emblems will reflect that.

On the other hand, if you're able to keep applying pressure to survivors while still getting those two kills, the game will recognize that and reward you appropriately.

It's the same deal for survivors too. If they do nothing but hide in lockers all game, they aren't going to pip just because they slip out the door. They rank if they did well, not if the do the bare minimum.

Fortunately if you just play to kill, rank isn't important, since your rank does not influence your ability to kill.

I say that and I have to catch them. Camping is the Killer easy button, just as looping is the Survivor easy button. The emblem system doesn't reward you doing it the easy way anymore. Just look at the posts complaining about Evader. It does still need tweaking a bit imo, but overall I think it's a vast improvement from what we had.

and yet everything else they can do is easier, and they don't get penalized that much for looping me

• Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Sn0wJob said:
    and yet everything else they can do is easier, and they don't get penalized that much for looping me

Yeah, and that makes sense. You really think loopers should depip currently!? That’s an instant way to make all new killers quit or be smurfed

or the loopers could git gud and stop looping : D
    See how frail the argument is

@Sn0wJob said:

Not frail at all... because it especially works on new killers.... and that’s the problem... you basically made an absolutely useless statement, and actually thought it had worth.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,069

The Emblem system made it a lot harder for Survivors. There were many at Rank 1 who died every match, simply because they did well. If you worked on gens, ran from Killer a bit, and escaped, you'd guarantee pip every time, unless Killer camped you out right away.

Now, you're in competition with every other Survivor. If they're doing gens, your badge goes down. If they're getting chased instead of you, you won't even get a badge for that. Someone beats you to that hook save? No points for that either. It's possible to get an Iridescent, one Gold, one Bronze, and still not pip. Sometimes, you have a great game, escape, and find out you barely scratched by the safety pip and not anywhere close to gaining rank. People who only wanted to distract the Killer all match don't benefit anymore.

You can still gain a ton of Bloodpoints and not even safety pip; I do this on Killer all the time, usually with either top points or second place. I'm also very easy to escape from as I play against Rank 20's and make sure everyone's chased equally (we have fun ^_^).

@Jack11803 said:

@Sn0wJob said:

Not frail at all... because it especially works on new killers.... and that’s the problem... you basically made an absolutely useless statement, and actually thought it had worth.

So if it works so well, why is it happening to me at rank 15+. I thought we didn't depip loopers....oh wait the matchmaking is bad and I play high ranks anyway

@Sn0wJob said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sn0wJob said:

So if it works so well, why is it happening to me at rank 15+. I thought we didn't depip loopers....oh wait the matchmaking is bad and I play high ranks anyway

Nice job failing to correctly read, and attempting a word switch. I never said looping gets pips. I said that your suggestion that it shouldn’t was stupid.

Your original statement was that obnoxious loopers shouldn't get punished because that is what exists at high ranks and depipping them would force them upon new killers, but I get them anyway so what does it matter ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    The moment you dip your toe into 19 you'll see everyone packing self care
    The moment you dip into 17-14 it's just a slew of sprint bursts, ds and borrowed time.
    Following someone around for two minutes only to have two of his friends hook block and flashlight me and I walk out with like one kill isn't really my idea of fun.
    I shouldn't really have to play people with no experience to have a fun and fair game, and yet that's pretty much what happens.
    So you'll have to excuse me if I have a gripe.

@Sn0wJob said:
    Your original statement was that obnoxious loopers shouldn't get punished because that is what exists at high ranks and depipping them would force them upon new killers, but I get them anyway so what does it matter ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    The moment you dip your toe into 19 you'll see everyone packing self care
    The moment you dip into 17-14 it's just a slew of sprint bursts, ds and borrowed time.
    Following someone around for two minutes only to have two of his friends hook block and flashlight me and I walk out with like one kill isn't really my idea of fun.
    I shouldn't really have to play people with no experience to have a fun and fair game, and yet that's pretty much what happens.
    So you'll have to excuse me if I have a gripe.

And how much experience do you have?

About 200hrs, but given how long it takes to get lobbies I would say 150 is a more accurate number.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Sn0wJob said:
    About 200hrs, but given how long it takes to get lobbies I would say 150 is a more accurate number.

So you're still a newcomer. That explains pretty much everything.

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

This game is not exclusively about killing people.
    Just read the lore a little bit if necessary.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Sn0wJob said:
    Just hurry up and put Hex ruin back in the shrine so I can actually play this damn game.

Trapper main, got to almost rank 14 before deciding to try all the other killer. I've never ran BBQ on anyone but the Cannibal after they made it available at rank 1 with 2.0 patch. I also didn't use Thanatobia, nurses calling monitor and abuse etc. Yet I had no problem pipping even dealing with the same issues you did.

The biggest difference is i could get 2 sacrifices and still pip because i'd still chase survivors and keep gen pressure up. I've gotten 4 sac games and had all 5 gens still never done. It's called map pressure, knowing where choke points are, knowing where the survivors are most likely to go etc.

You're where you're rank says you should be until you're a better killer so stop blaming the emblem system for you're gameplay choices.

edited July 2018

I've been to 14 too, idgaf dude.