Home Discussions General Discussions

Three Chapters a Year

Please, can we just have three chapters a year?

These last two killers feel so rushed. Low-quality, untested content isn't good for the game's health.

Comments

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I think even 2 killers in one year should be enough. There are to many things to fix and rework, they should invest the time into that first.

The cosmetics team still can keep working on producing new stuff allowing bhvr to generate money. Also battlepass is confirmed (which I don't like btw) so money shouldn't be a problem at all.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

I'd rather have new content, and it be half decent (with the forums bitching that its useless), giving some variety than one or two a year that are "community approved top tier".

Not only does more content and variety give the game more opportunity for different metas and playstyles, but if every killer were as good as you all want, survivors would cry every release and the same issues would present themselves, just on the other side of the aisle.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,784

I agree they should slow down, but i don't think it should stop with 3.

It's not like the previous characters disappear after all, they all need maintenance just as much as the new ones.

Plus Mcote said it right: The way we play changes a lot over a few years.

The old crew and new crew would all need to be changed and then they also need to bring in newer-than-new characters.

Even just 3 chapters per year would at some point just be more than they can handle, and since they have this "grand vision of lasting for about 10 more years", that time will certainly come.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

You can only have variety if people play said killers. Not nurse and billy like we already see in many games. Why is there no variety? Because there are hardly any viable killers.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

I wouldn't be opposed to 2020 having only two chapters. They need to focus on fixing bugs, focusing on process improvement to increase responsiveness to bugs and turnaround time for fixing bugs, especially for sound bugs that are ever present.

If this were to happen in 2020, they can just spend that extra time getting the game fixed.

If they are having this much problem with the game's original code being spaghetti, they should just make a sequel.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

What kind of variety are you talking about? Hardly anyone plays Plague, hardly anyone plays Legion and hardly anyone will ghostface after some weeks if he doesn't get some changes. If the "yay new update 1 week players will always play the new killer" is your definition of variety then it's really sad but you missed the point. After all you will see the same killers and the same map offerings burned (cuz the newer maps tend to be complete trash).

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118

As a survivor-sided player, this is true. Not to say that I would cry, but to be honest, Nurse just needs her add ons to be reworked so she’s reasonable to play against. Old Legion used to have no counterplay whatsoever, which made them very frustrating to go against. Personally, I want killers to be equally as good as one another, requiring skill to get good at them, rather than a killer be overpowered with no level of counterplay on the other side. I’d love to go against other killers, because to be honest, I haven’t played against a Hag or a Pig in what has felt like ages.

But, I don’t want survivors to be OP either, yknow? I just want this game to have a higher skill ceiling on both ends, and have more variety than the same stuff over and over. I don’t want a new DS by any means either, but OP saying the last killers were rushed is an overstatement. I can say maybe Legion was rushed, but that’s it. But even that’s stretching it. I think the ideas the devs were going for exist; but they don’t seem to hit the mark due to how survivors play around said abilities. With love and attention to the other killers, that is great; but it seems gamehealth is primarily on the agenda.

Plus, I don’t feel like waiting four months for new content. The game would get too old, too soon.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

Damn I feel sorry for you both. So closed minded and never seeing other killers.

The only killers I rarely see is freddy/huntress. I play roughly 10-15 matches on a day I can play, and i see every killer least once every other day.

Not to mention the people who ENJOY playing the killers everyone deems as trash. Just because you dont see or feel the need for variety doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Two chapters a year with a paragraph or two thrown in like Leatherface, Ash and Ghostface with more new maps and events would be better with all the cosmetics and the battlepass BHVR will make enough money.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Agreed. We don't want quantity we want quality and Legion, Plague, and now Ghostface don't live up too the standards we want. We already are getting 2 maps for 4 Chapters, so just can 2 chapters and make it 3 chapters a year, I would even be fine with 2 a year since it sounds like the Testers are incredibly rushed on projects when looking at the Anniversary stream.

• ElegantElegant Member Posts: 443

With Ghost Face in his current state he would be the worst killer in the game (after Freddy rework comes out) and would be nothing more than an M1 killer who didn't have a power majority of the time. Adding more content isn't good for a game if it isn't quality content. That hurts them more in the long term. People who were interested in coming back to the game for Ghost Face are likely to leave/not come back at all if they find out the killer is complete garbage. There are so many things that need to be worked on in this game (maps, objectives, etc) and pumping out killers every 3 months might not be the best use of their time right now. They should take a chapter off to address gameplay and balance to improve their game. Once the game is in a good state, they can go back to the four chapters a year model.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited June 2019

See I would like them to stick with four chapters a year, however, one chapter be dedicated to some form of balance, bug fixes, or pure reworks. No new content for maybe the fall chapter. At least for a year or two that would remove most of the outstanding issues with balance, awful bugs and core mechanic adjustments.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 10,752

(Why did I read this as 3 years a chapter)

They actually change the roadmap, according to the recent stream, now it is like another Operation health, sort of like whats his face mentioned he wanted to happen in this game

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,066

I agree. Less updates, but much higher quality ones. More does not always equal better, especially when the last bunch have been so terrible.