We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

PTB Hotfix?

HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,527

So I seem to remember the last PTB had a hotfix for something and this one has that game breaking bug for Ghost Face that the Devs talked about so I was wondering if there was going to be a hotfix for this one as well? Unless this bug is all they need from the PTB to make things better for the live version, can't really test out a new product for the live market if the product is broken for testing.

Tagged:

Comments

• ba_tetsuoba_tetsuo Member Posts: 253

Doubtful. "It'll be fixed before live". Then once it hits live, "PTB testing showed that survivors didn't like having to look at anything or be required to make any meaningful decisions in the game, so its no longer a bug, but a feature."

• LvGamer34LvGamer34 Member Posts: 68

it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY rare they do fixes in the PTB or changes.

• myers_obsessionmyers_obsession Member Posts: 61

@Peanits will there be a Hotfix?

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 651

Most likely they apply a hotfix on Thursday, and during the weekend think about how to "balance" the killer and maybe next week we will have v.3.0.0.A

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 131

I think this will go on live servers. If you wonder why I think that. I would like examine last 3 killers and PTB cycles. Spirit was originally pretty bad, then they buffed her, she became good for a while, and then people complained, so for like 1 month or more, we've had no sounds as killer crippling spirit's ability. Next up, Legion came along. Everyone said he was bad, then people developed some strategies to make him viable. So the developers went like, well let's weaken everything about him. Next up, Plague went on PTB, a single streamer figured out how to play her, when she went live, instantly nerfed.

So here we are again. Everyone complaining about Ghostface. In developer anniversary from few days ago, they said he would move at full movement speed during crouch. 2 days later, We get the ptb, and what do you know? He doesn't move at full speed so we don't even get to test stuff. What does this tell us? All of these problems regarding Ghostface were intended to happen. The overly loud killer, loss of your power constantly, a sound byte for entering your power. It just seems all intended. Maybe they even believed that this is genuinely what they believe a killer's power level should be. It's all really hilarious, because on the stream, they were saying on how the killer is suppose to make us scared as survivors, paranoid and create jump-scare experiences.

Just my opinion. I think this patch was intended to buff survivors with the buff to DS(Enduring), MoM, Unbreakable etc. and I just think that survivors fun is greatly prioritized over killers. so I think it's fair argument to say that not much will change for Ghostface and this is basically next live update apart from maybe some glitches fixs.