We have added additional information to the upcoming Ghost Face changes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/531640/#Comment_531640
Do you think you know Dead by daylight?
Test your knowledge! https://t.co/XwLPMF3XQb
The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines
The Bloodhunt has been extended to June 20th at 2pm ET! Jump in and enjoy double the bloodpoints.

You made it easier for survivors to pip but didn't change the killers' requirements?

Change Gatekeeper because you can't do anything at Rank 1 but you get Iridescent with Chaser. It makes no sense that you can do great in 1 and get nothing in the other. Reduce the amounts and let us keep points in the Malice one after a certain time if they haven't healed yet. As it is now, you kill everyone too quickly, you actually depip. YOU DEPIP. I'm not trying to mess with the survivors, I want to kill them, get my 22k-27k, pip and move on to my next match. Not waste a bunch of time wacking them just to lose it and get gen rushed even when I win 80% of chases quickly. It's a common occurrence that you can get great chaser but get nothing in gatekeeper. Thank you.

Comments

• AStupidMonkeyyAStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 420

I like my rank low because I don't like facing survivors who stare at a wall, get hit then turn around, take a step and hide right in front of me again. I'm very competitive. If I get my ass whooped then I take it and go to the next match. I prefer a good match over an easy one. Depipping (not because of skill) from the emblem system is really irritating. Winning chases as soon as possible just to lose gatekeeper and malicious just because I chase someone else too quickly and they get healed. It promotes camping and tunneling. If I get rid of someone quickly, thats less malicious to be taken from me from healing, less gen time to worry about (gatekeeper) and easier to stall out chases (chaser) to pip. I want to try to dominate, not play peekaboo.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 377

They already said on the anniversary stream that they plan on reworking the killer pipping system (comparing performances with the same killer instead of the system we have right now).

As for the requirements, killer is a lot easier than survivor to rank up on live, and the main reason they changed the survivor requirements is because of the unbalance between the number of players at high ranks (survivors having less players on high ranks).

Besides, your average killer game can encompass all the emblems if you play well. As survivor, you can still do a lot of gens and escape without being downed and safety pip because the killer never interacted with you.

edited June 8

@gantes It doesn't. If the gens are still done quickly (almost always will be unless Billy or Nurse), you get bronze or nothing in Gatekeeper near Rank 1 but you can get iridescent in Chaser for winning chases very quickly. Malicious isn't even quite right since if they heal, you lose all those points unless you hooked them so hitting everyone multiple times but chasing one, giving the rest of the survivors time to heal themselves back to normal just erases all of the Malicious Emblem that you just got. You kill everyone too quickly, you get bronze at best. Tack that on with chaser and if its done too quickly, another bronze. That's a depip. If you take forever to do everything, you get punished in GateKeeper and Malicious still but you get better in chaser and the other one. It gets ridiculous at Rank 5-1, specially since the requirements are 2 iridescent's and 2 golds to pip, 2 iridescent's, 1 gold and 1 silver to safety and anything below is a depip. Yet, you can get a ton more pips much easier as Survivor by doing everything that you normally do without "penalties" except for unsafe hooks, which is the only real "penalty" you get, while killer gets punished for survivors healing, chasing too long, gens being done too quick, staying too close to a hook for a sacrifice and more. It's ridiculous that our emblem system is severely punishing for everything that we CANNOT control most of the time. Can we help if we hit 4 survivors but only catch 1 without slugging before they heal? Like what do you want us to do?

Post edited by AStupidMonkeyy on

I'm not saying the system is fair, I'm saying it's a lot easier for killers to get rank 1 than survivors, and the imbalance of player populations for both sides at high ranks proves that.

That's why they're changing the surv requirements in the first place.

Do I think the killer system makes sense? No. But at least killers are getting to rank 1 semi consistently, survivors aren't.

Wait for the ranked overhaul they're doing for killers, it'll probably make things better.

Bro. Did you even read the changes they did with Survivors emblem system? I'm a Rank 2 Survivor and I'm stuck at Rank 5 as Killer because I either safety or depip. I don't like playing Nurse and I play Billy sometimes (which is when I usually pip) but mostly I enjoy playing random killers like Trapper and such. I have NEVER had that much trouble pipping as Survivor as a solo player and I always pip with my dude, Owl. They should have thought of both, not one. Before this change, pipping was always easier as survivor. Just about everyone that plays both, agreed with that. It's why there isn't almost any killers at Rank 3-1 except Nurse and Billy and why no one can find a match very quickly. Guess what? It's not based on skill anymore for killer. It's about slugging and controlling the survivors to win. Survivors cry camping, tunneling and slugging. Whats funny? These actually HELP you PIP, doing the opposite usually results in you depipping or getting a safety pip.

@ReikoMori Just wanted to ask your opinion on this topic. Please read everything from everyone and let me know your opinion also. Thank you.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 915

@AStupidMonkeyy Killers need a better way of ranking up. The current system is designed to rate us against the survivors even though the way we have to score is extremely different. Right now the game punishes killers for being overly bad or overly good which at times is less about your skill and more about luck. They said that they would address it as they restructured ranked play for longer seasons.

Short term though it wouldn't hurt to look at malicious and chaser. IMO, those two emblems tend to fall apart when you're playing at higher ranks and being very efficient. Killers with oneshots have to drag games out with ruin or thana so they can have time to get chases and m1 hits or they end up with two bronze emblems. I actually like Gatekeeper being weighted heavier at the early game portion. If they ever adjust overall game speed then it would be a near perfect emblem. Devout sorta sucks though.

The Devout emblem not meshing well with mori is pretty weird. Also in general you hooks count for less on devout than they do on malicious. You need them to die, but you also need them to die on third hook for it to really be helpful. Again, if you're doing really well people may die on first or second hook. If that happens the highest you could get is like low gold which is sort of a hindrance if you're pushing rank.

Trapper not getting chaser for trapping someone is ridiculous. How we've made it this far with that is beyond me. I also feel bear traps as bp scoring event is too low.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 822
    edited June 10

Helping survivors have fun should be it's own reward..... HAHAHAHA;-)

I don't care about that survivor sided pip system anyway. I will hunt and kill all of them in whatever way I can (whenever I can) and if the Entity is displeased with my methods, It can go eat a survivor

• JESUS_CHRISTJESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 78

Yeah a pat on the back from the entity or getting called names by survivors are both currency in my book. I'd still like to see the entity get its act together though so we don't have to fight with eachother so often. I don't have a choice but we're both on the same side regardless and should be able to see eye to eye more often.

• EerieBloodyToxicityEerieBloodyToxicity Member Posts: 5

Who wants to pip in 2019?! LMFAO

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 316
    edited June 11

This

Also lower rank = less toxic swf with instant flashlight/heal

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 193

Comparing pipping as a survivor to pipping as a killer is simply put, unfair. Fixing the emblem system for killers requires them to look at each killer character on an individual lvl and assess them as such. Theres no need to even bring up which side is easier/harder to pip on. Its a completely offtopic point. They did a good thing by actually adding value to doing things like cleansing dull totems. Theres no reason to claim otherwise just because they released this first before the more intensive job of evaluating EVERY killer on an individual level.

As some have already pointed out, killers are not created equally on pipping, and thats not meant to bring up whos better at killing who. If trapper did nothing but walk around the map, scoop up survivors out of his traps, hook them and get a juicy 4k doing this...the game punishes him in 2 separate categories because he never hit anyone nor chased anyone. This is just an example. Obviously his power needs to be taken into consideration for when deciding how these categories should function. Same with 1 shot abilities in general awarding less emblem points than 2 separate hits.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 764

Because [BAD WORD] killers.

You're still not considering what I said.

Pipping as killer in GENERAL is easier than survivor. If you play the killlers that get cucked by the emblem system it's a whole different story. They were aiming to fix the playerbase number disparities in high ranks. THAT'S WHAT THAT CHANGE WAS ABOUT. It was NOT about fixing all the problems with the ranking system as a whole, and I know there are MANY.

The changes for survivor pipping are a move in the right direction. Killers need a system overhaul, survivors needed some simple changes. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.. And your "evidence" is anecdotal and nothing compared to the playerbase numbers being so different at red ranks.

They are thinking of both. That's why the killer system is getting a complete overhaul to stop comparing all killers in general and start comparing the players of the same killers. If you compare Trapper to Legion OBVIOUSLY trapper will have no chaser points ever. When they start comparing Trappers between themselves I'm pretty sure they'll start pipping more.

Just have patience. I prefer they wait to do a decent overhaul than put a bandaid fix that will probably do something like breaking sounds again because their code is weird.

edited June 11

@gantes I completely disagree. Both were equally [BAD WORD] but survivor got buffs to make the game easier by doing everything they normally do anyway while we get punished for doing the same things killers are supposed to do and gatekeeper shouldn't even be a thing. That is literally a joke with BNPs, perks, toolboxes and multiple people on 1 gen just crushing gens while we're at the mercy of a looper with 30 pallets that last easily 10 to 20 seconds each but survivor is harder? I have never had much trouble pipping as a solo survivor unless I'm tunnelled all match and I like getting hard survivors and killers. The chases are great and it gets my skill up. (Edit) I will agree that killers' powers should be evaluated and used in the grading process.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,332

They should make it harder for Killer

There isn't any fun at Red Rank

On rank above 5 i still pip every single game, unless i let 3 survivors escape, if i get kills im very likely to pip

Trying to stay on Rank 15 atm

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 915

You don't actually have to evaluate every killer on an individual level. The emblem scoring is all for universal actions and killers can take all those universal actions at the same degree. The problem is that Killer as a group has the harder scoring setup and ranking up scales in difficulty in a somewhat steep manner. A lot of killer emblems although universal in action are dependent less on what the killer does and more on what the survivors do. Killers need multiple hooks, but if survivors in general are letting each other die on first or second hook then that negatively influences you. You've go no control over the scoring scenario one you have hooked them.

Gatekeeper may be one of the most obnoxious emblems to deal with as it requires you to be incredibly dominant and omnipresent for the first 9mins of a trial and then you can sort of let the game take its course. Most killers can't be that imposing on the map pressure side. Survivors on the other hand can universal be dominant in the early game as the expectation is in their favor. Their punished less for early game mistakes and rewarded more for rushing the early game very hard.

Chaser is funny because it wants you to have lots of chases that aren't too short or too long. You also need to score a hit in these chases or else you just lose points. If you're a killer who one shots you're chaser is almost always a hassle. If you're Trapper the situation is actually worse as traps don't count towards chaser. That can be addressed with a simple change, but the emblem in general is sort of built to stack up against survivor's Evader emblem. In fact all the emblems mirror each other which causes a problem because we shouldn't be scored against a side that is extremely different than the one we are on.

They briefly mentioned this on the anniversary stream that they were going to be changing ranking and emblem scoring as they changed the entirety of ranked play.

@ReikoMori You said everything really well. I couldn't agree more on the subject and have nothing else to add.